“My favorite place to stay in Stamford” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Zero Degrees
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   909 Washington Blvd, Stamford, CT 06901   |
Ranked #1 of 14 hotels in Stamford
Chicago, Illinois
“My favorite place to stay in Stamford”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

A cute boutique hotel located downtown. Easy access to the interstate and to restaurants and theaters. The bedding is comfortable. The staff was pleasant and made sure to tell me that the shuttle was available to take me wherever I wanted to go in Stamford. I appreciate fruit and hot water for tea, hot chocolate & oatmeal being readily available at all times. Breakfast is a nice addition and is better than a standard contentental breakfast but can't be compare with made to order. Nice seating area in the lobby.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Timothy_Simpson, Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear SEAPexploer012,

Thanks for taking a moment to post this great review about us. Our convenient location makes it easy to get around either by car or on foot especially since all the restaurants are within walking distance of the hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our complimentary warm buffet breakfast and while we cannot compare with the made to order offerings at large hotel we strive to provide a healthy, fresh and delicious breakfast. We hope to welcome you once more.

400 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Booked a thanksgiving cyber monday non refundable rate for early Jan 2013 and saved 20% off lowest weekend rate. For an incredible $84 we received a superior king room over 300 sq ft with nice bathroom and huge shower stall, my wife really liked the bath amenities. Room was clean except for the inner shears on drapes were stained with chocolate. Free breakfast was really really good, the staff does great job keeping everything stocked. FREE parking was very convenient, with ½ flight of stairs leading to the garage from the lobby. The only thing noticeable is the hallway carpets are getting worn, and could use a redo. I will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Itbetterbeclean,

Thank you for posting your review. It seems you get a really good deal with us using our Cyber Monday Promotion. It is good to hear that you enjoyed the room especially our warm complimentary buffet breakfast and parking. My apologies for the stained inner shears we have put our housekeeping department on it right away. As for our hallway carpets we are currently in the final selection for the new design and hopefully it is completed before your next stay with us. Thank you for your genuine feedback. Safe Travels!

Best,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed here because we wanted to dash in/out of the city (NYC). Really good location to the theaters, good restaurants and a nice mall.
Quick tip, leave your car in their lot and walk everywhere! Parking we found is limited in their garage.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Illtakebreadandwater,

I appreciate you writing this review about us. We are definitely the right hotel for a quick dash into the city. We are within walking distance of the Metro North Train station and all the entertainment Downtown Stamford has to offer. In addition our shuttle is always happy to take guests anywhere within Downtown Stamford. There is complimentary parking in our garage on a first come first served basis and there is also secured covered parking at the adjacent Bell St Garage. It was a pleasure having you with us and should your travels require a quick dash to NYC we hope to see you again.

Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I live in stamford and was without power after the hurricaine. When I travel I usually stay at Brand named hotels such as Hilton and Ritz Carlton. I was pleasantly surprised by this small boutique hotel. The decor was similar to what one would find in a Manhattan Boutique hotel. It met all of my needs and would stay there again or recommend it to anyone traveling in the area. I have read the reviews about the area being questionable. It is located at the edge of restaurant row and the area is relatively safe.

Room Tip: The cheapest rooms are also the smallest. I would suggest spending a little more and getting a large...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Vfinct,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about us. I am thrilled to know we were able to meet your expectations and more importantly that we were able to make you feel at home after the hurricane. We certainly hope to welcome you once more in the near future- under much more pleasant circumstances of course! All the best.

Regards,
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Good standard hotel for the price. Breakfast is Iffy but its included in the price so can't complain. Rooms are nice and staff are very friendly. This place won't blow your socks off but it's excellent quality for the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Timothy_Simpson, Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Whiteboytrash,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We do strive to be the best value for our guests and while we did not exceed your expectations we are happy to have at least met them. I am pleased to know that you liked our rooms and that our staff was friendly. While breakfast is complimentary we always want to ensure it is consistently great and I welcome recommendations for improvement-should you have some time feel free to contact me at 203-363-7900 to discuss. Thank you for staying with us and all the best in the New Year.

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I wanted to get away from the city on my birthday but not too far from home. Me and my boyfriend decided to stay at Hotel Zero Degrees in Stamford for the weekend. My stay was awesome to say the least. The front desk agent was extremely warm and welcoming and helped us with choosing a wonderful restaurant for dinner with discounts because we were staying at the hotel. Every staff we came in contact with was warm, friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the atmosphere was perfectly cozy and intimate, exactly what I was looking for! I would recommend Hotel Zero Degrees to everyone. My boyfriend and I have made it our regular getaway spot!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Shereen W,

Thank you for posting such an excellent review. We are happy to have made your birthday getaway an enjoyable and relaxing one. We have partnered exclusively with various restaurants downtown to offer special for our guests ranging from a free drink with dinner, to discounts and complimentary appetizers all in an effort to provide the best value and experience. I am glad to know the staff was accommodating and helpful and we certainly hope to you for many birthday getaways to come. All the best for the New Year.

Garnerville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

The people are very nice. The rooms are clean. Everyone is so nice! But the Breakfast is out of this world: Bagels, Eggs, danish, donuts, muffins, hash browns, yogurt, fresh fruit all you could imagine. Breakfast is from 6 - 10 AM which is more than usual! 24 hour coffee! Its right in the middle of the city so there are lots of other places to eat.

Room Tip: Attached to a YMCA and you have all the ability to participate included with your room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear MajorJoy

I appreciate you taking the time to write this great review. I see you are a huge fan of our breakfast and rightly so! Our guests are welcomed to enjoy as much of it as they like during their stay. We are centrally located in the downtown Stamford putting you steps away from restaurants, bars and the mall. We look forward to welcoming you once more. Safe travels and all the best for the New Year.

Property Manager

Been to Hotel Zero Degrees? Share your experiences!