“Winter Wonderland” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 14 hotels in Stamford
Stamford, Connecticut
“Winter Wonderland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My latest stay at the Hotel Zero Degrees was a very pleasant and satisfying event. The room was temperature-controlled perfectly. Cozy yet still enough space for a single traveller to rest up on a weekend trip. Even though I live in the same town as this hotel, I can honestly say that it is the only hotel chain I have been to that makes me feel like a real getaway. Quiet, complimentary breakfast and internet access in room AND in the lobby with a terminal and printer station. Polite staff and necessities. Only two things stood out as things that cannot be helped but were drawbacks. 1.) An ice machine may be noisy at night but they are not on every floor. They did not have one on my floor. 2.) The hotel used to be a YMCA (Which it still has on the side of the building for pool/execise) so you do still get that some of the things this place has not been able to update as of yet (Some carpeting, One small elevator, No room for full amenities like Refridgerator and microwave) but other than those minor hinderances, this hotel is still the best hotel I have ever stayed at under $150 per night in the entire state.

Room Tip: Find ice machine locations as soon as you check in and try to schedule time for shuttle so you can r...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Timothy_Simpson, Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear John F,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your recent stay with us. It is good to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. With regards to refrigerators and microwaves you are right we do not have them in all our rooms however, we are happy to provide them upon request. We are currently selecting colors and patterns for our new carpeting which should be installed in the upcoming weeks. As a local Stamford resident I appreciate you choosing us and hope to see you again.

411 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Concord, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My only regret about our two night stay at the Hotel Zero Degrees during Thanksgiving, was that we had so little time to spend enjoying the hotel! When we arrived, we were given a very nice room. However, I had asked for a room away from an ice machine when I booked through Tingo, and our room was directly across from the ice machine! I had also asked for a refrigerator, which was in my room. When I went downstairs to mention the proximity to the ice machine, a lovely woman named Anastasia offered to move me to another room as well as to move my refrigerator. She then proceeded to get a cart, and BY HERSELF lifted the refrigerator onto the cart, and moved all my stuff to an even better room on the top floor, in a very quiet area. I was impressed! The room we stayed in was immaculate, and the bed was unbelievably comfortable. Starbucks coffee, breakfast, everyone pleasant, small parking garage but we managed. We will definitely be staying here every Thanksgiving when we visit relatives.

Room Tip: The 8th floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Timothy_Simpson, Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear DeborahConley

I appreciate you posting such a great review about us. I am sure you will be able to enjoy us that much more over the Thanksgivings to come! Anastasia is a new team member reinforcing our mantra of going above and beyond for our guests. More importantly thank you for bring this to our attention and allowing us an opportunity to correct it. It was our pleasure making your stay more comfortable and we certainly look forward to seeing you next Thanksgiving. Keep well.

Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Zero Degrees recently when I had to remain in Stamford for an extra night for business. What a terrific find. The hotel located downtown, so there are several restaurants just a block or two away.

The room was comfortable and spotless. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was included, and this was a proper buffet with eggs, bacon, juice, etc. The hotel offers free Starbucks coffee 24/7 for guests. I really appreciate the convenience of including breakfast and a good one at that.

Unlike most larger hotels, the Hotel Zero Degrees does not charge additional for Internet access. It is free. Perhaps the most extraordinary service is the shuttle on demand. Upon request, the hotel provides shuttle service to the rail station or elsewhere in the area.

The night I arrived I had to go into New York for a dinner meeting. The driver, Ivan, took me to the rail station and then told me to call the hotel to have him pick me up. Ivan was one of the most conscientious, service-minded personnel I have encountered in any venue. He is gracious and fully focused on service to guests.

For me any time I return to Stamford, the Hotel Zero Degrees will be my first choice in hotels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ken4401.

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review about us. I am thrilled to know that we not only met but exceeded your expectations. We do offer an extensive complimentary warm buffet breakfast as well as a strong reliable wi-fi connection. Our shuttle is available daily on a first come first serve basis and I am happy you were able to make use of it. Ivan is indeed a great asset to the team always willing to go above and beyond for the guests in any way he can. This is the experience we strive to achieve for every guest through great value and continued hard work. We hope to see you with us on your next visit to Stamford. Safe travels!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was clean, we'll located and attractively decorated. The staff was friendly though the shuttle driver who picked us up at the Stamford station spent the entire trip talking on his (hand held / illegal) cell phone.
I would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Fredilev.

I appreciate you posting this review about us. I must first apologize for the shuttle driver being on his phone during your ride. We have a strict cell phone policy in place especially when in the shuttle- it has been brought to his attention. I am glad to know that you liked our décor and location and more importantly you will stay with us again when in Stamford. We certainly look forward to welcoming you once more.

Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

With the advance news of hurricaine Sandy, and living near the water, we just knew we would lose power and hopefully nothing more. So we felt fortunate that we were able to get a room at a great value price and wound up having to stay 5 days. The service was fine and all the staff were very gracious considering they had their "own problems" in this difficult period.

The included breakfast was a delight and the whole atmosphere reminded me of many boutique European hotels I've stayed in the past.

Room Tip: room 601 was great.....no outside noise.....probably same for 602
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Frank S.

Thank you for taking the time to post this review about us. I am glad to know that you were proactive and decided to leave before the storm arrived. We were happy to be your home away from home especially with the mayhem of Hurricane Sandy. We certainly look forward to seeing you again under much different circumstances of course! Safe travels and continue spreading the good word about Hotel Zero Degrees.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed in this hotel recently for one night. Hotel is clean, fairly modern and located very close to train to NYC. There is also a decent breakfast included and a free shuttle to train station (very friendly shuttle driver!). However, customer service at front desk was lacking and price was very high for what we received.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Timothy_Simpson, Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear MSM1685,

Thank you for taking a moment to post this review about us. It is good to know that you found the hotel clean, modern and within close proximity to the Metro North Train station. My apologies if the service at the Front Desk was not to your liking. More often than not they are commended for friendly and helpful service but seemed to have drop the ball on this occasion. I will be sure to bring this to their attention thus ensuring consistent great service is delivered to all our valued guests time and time again. Safe Travels !

Watertown, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

I wanted to try something different. The location is great. The front desk staff couldn't be better. But the rooms are small, parking sparse, and it was loud. I would recommend the Marriott over this but in a pinch it's fine.

• Stayed February 2012
Dear WCcouch,

Thank you for your review. “Cool, Metro Feel..” is a great way to start describing us. I am thrilled to know that our staff was most accommodating. We have different room layout with the queen being our smallest to our Deluxe King rooms and Suites offering ample space to rest and relax. We do have small garage on site but there is ample secured parking at the Bell St Garage located directly behind the hotel. We aim to be alternative to major chain hotels in the area offering comfort, style and convenience is a friendly modern environment. Should you be back in Stamford for business, leisure or just in a pinch we would love the opportunity to welcome you once more.

Property Manager

Been to Hotel Zero Degrees? Share your experiences!