“Extraordinary Service Without Excessive Fees” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Zero Degrees
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   909 Washington Blvd, Stamford, CT 06901   |
Ranked #1 of 14 hotels in Stamford
Washington, DC
“Extraordinary Service Without Excessive Fees”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Zero Degrees recently when I had to remain in Stamford for an extra night for business. What a terrific find. The hotel located downtown, so there are several restaurants just a block or two away.

The room was comfortable and spotless. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was included, and this was a proper buffet with eggs, bacon, juice, etc. The hotel offers free Starbucks coffee 24/7 for guests. I really appreciate the convenience of including breakfast and a good one at that.

Unlike most larger hotels, the Hotel Zero Degrees does not charge additional for Internet access. It is free. Perhaps the most extraordinary service is the shuttle on demand. Upon request, the hotel provides shuttle service to the rail station or elsewhere in the area.

The night I arrived I had to go into New York for a dinner meeting. The driver, Ivan, took me to the rail station and then told me to call the hotel to have him pick me up. Ivan was one of the most conscientious, service-minded personnel I have encountered in any venue. He is gracious and fully focused on service to guests.

For me any time I return to Stamford, the Hotel Zero Degrees will be my first choice in hotels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Timothy_Simpson, Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Ken4401.

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review about us. I am thrilled to know that we not only met but exceeded your expectations. We do offer an extensive complimentary warm buffet breakfast as well as a strong reliable wi-fi connection. Our shuttle is available daily on a first come first serve basis and I am happy you were able to make use of it. Ivan is indeed a great asset to the team always willing to go above and beyond for the guests in any way he can. This is the experience we strive to achieve for every guest through great value and continued hard work. We hope to see you with us on your next visit to Stamford. Safe travels!

419 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was clean, we'll located and attractively decorated. The staff was friendly though the shuttle driver who picked us up at the Stamford station spent the entire trip talking on his (hand held / illegal) cell phone.
I would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Fredilev.

I appreciate you posting this review about us. I must first apologize for the shuttle driver being on his phone during your ride. We have a strict cell phone policy in place especially when in the shuttle- it has been brought to his attention. I am glad to know that you liked our décor and location and more importantly you will stay with us again when in Stamford. We certainly look forward to welcoming you once more.

Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

With the advance news of hurricaine Sandy, and living near the water, we just knew we would lose power and hopefully nothing more. So we felt fortunate that we were able to get a room at a great value price and wound up having to stay 5 days. The service was fine and all the staff were very gracious considering they had their "own problems" in this difficult period.

The included breakfast was a delight and the whole atmosphere reminded me of many boutique European hotels I've stayed in the past.

Room Tip: room 601 was great.....no outside noise.....probably same for 602
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Frank S.

Thank you for taking the time to post this review about us. I am glad to know that you were proactive and decided to leave before the storm arrived. We were happy to be your home away from home especially with the mayhem of Hurricane Sandy. We certainly look forward to seeing you again under much different circumstances of course! Safe travels and continue spreading the good word about Hotel Zero Degrees.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed in this hotel recently for one night. Hotel is clean, fairly modern and located very close to train to NYC. There is also a decent breakfast included and a free shuttle to train station (very friendly shuttle driver!). However, customer service at front desk was lacking and price was very high for what we received.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Timothy_Simpson, Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear MSM1685,

Thank you for taking a moment to post this review about us. It is good to know that you found the hotel clean, modern and within close proximity to the Metro North Train station. My apologies if the service at the Front Desk was not to your liking. More often than not they are commended for friendly and helpful service but seemed to have drop the ball on this occasion. I will be sure to bring this to their attention thus ensuring consistent great service is delivered to all our valued guests time and time again. Safe Travels !

Watertown, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

I wanted to try something different. The location is great. The front desk staff couldn't be better. But the rooms are small, parking sparse, and it was loud. I would recommend the Marriott over this but in a pinch it's fine.

• Stayed February 2012
Dear WCcouch,

Thank you for your review. “Cool, Metro Feel..” is a great way to start describing us. I am thrilled to know that our staff was most accommodating. We have different room layout with the queen being our smallest to our Deluxe King rooms and Suites offering ample space to rest and relax. We do have small garage on site but there is ample secured parking at the Bell St Garage located directly behind the hotel. We aim to be alternative to major chain hotels in the area offering comfort, style and convenience is a friendly modern environment. Should you be back in Stamford for business, leisure or just in a pinch we would love the opportunity to welcome you once more.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Great location but small rooms. The YMCA is attached to hotel and guests get access but its a little ghetto and you can hear the dance classes throughout hotel. The carpet on floors is disgusting and the towel that I used after a shower had hair and dried blood on it from previous guests.

I don't think I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear NCState81,

Thank you for your review. We do have a great location just steps away from Downtown Stamford which offers a plethora of restaurants and bars, the Metro North Train station and the mall. I apologize for your stay not being what you hoped for.The YMCA is attached and while they do have conduct dance classes the sound does not transfer throughout the hotel. We are however, in the process of selecting new hallway carpets which will be installed shortly. I encourage all guests to always bring any problems they may encounter to our attention therefore giving us the opportunity to take the necessary actions to correct it and hopefully ensure a seamless stay. With regards to the towel (which you only noticed after you used it) is by no means our standard as stained towels/linens are always discarded. Nevertheless I will share with our Housekeeping department to ensure they are even more vigilant.

Regards,
Stamford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Had to stay here because we lost power. It was the only hotel with availability. The rooms are small, which is fine, but the TV did not work correctly. More than anything the service is really subpar. The staff is just not competent or perhaps just need some training on simple things like answering phones and listening to a customers. They're just not the sharpest tools in the shed. The heater/air conditioner was very loud and unpredictable (the settings do not work properly). But like I said, if you are in a bind and need a place to stay, it's guess it's fine. It's clean!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Proottravels,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. My apologies if you found that the level of service was not to your standards. We place great emphasis on guest service as is noted in many of our Tripadvisor posts and take every opportunity to improve it where we can. I will definitely share this with the team to ensure everyone is consistently as sharp as they need to be. I am happy you found our rooms to be clean and more importantly that we were able to accommodate you in the wake of the Hurricane Sandy as it truly was a busy time for us all. Whether it be for business, leisure or in a bind we are always happy to extend our hospitality.

Property Manager

Been to Hotel Zero Degrees? Share your experiences!