“As good as it gets” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Danbury, Connecticut
“As good as it gets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I do not write reviews, but this experience was so wonderful, I wanted to let others know. I reject the chain hotel experience and little hotel zero degrees exceeded all my expectations. Contemporary, spotless, extremely comfortable mattress, soft linens, towels, robe, wonderful toiletries, pleasant, helpful staff. My stay could not have been better. The manager sent a follow-up letter and just because he did shows extraordinary management that is reflected in his staff. I travel alone, felt secure, appreciated the local transportation, quality of the breakfast, water with fruit, tea, coffee availability. It is so nice to feel respected and appreciated, this well-managed property puts the hospitality back into the hospitality business.
If there is a negative, it is their city location with its sounds and limited parking. They are aware and appear to do what is necessary to make things work smoothly, or fix any issues that result.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Timothy_Simpson, Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear CBS88,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about us. I am thrilled to know you enjoyed your stay- from our warm contemporary design to comfortable rooms and delicious breakfast. We certainly aim to create a seamless guest experience and it seems that we did just that for you. Thank you for your very kind words and we hope to see you again in the near future. Until then safe travels.

Property Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Reading, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I was a guest at this hotel and the hotel ambiance is great and nice modern touches inside, but do not be full it is not a secure or safe place to stay so be aware.

My car got broken into at the beginning of the year in their own underground parking lot and my two laptops and other valuable items were stolen, I file a Police report but as many of you know the police have better things or other major crimes to solve instead, so at that point I knew my things were gone for good. Even so the hotel had surveillance cameras and saw the footage that my things were stolen they still refused to pay for the stolen items even so they failed to keep the place/parking garage security on check, this was months ago and until today I'm still waiting for management to provide some kind of compensation for my stolen items and yes….. nothing, they can care less about their guest safety or peace of mind apparently, imagine if I was walking down the parking lot with a child or a someone else was around at the time of the crime….I could have been stabbed or worst by these thugs!!....this is not a safe place .... again security on here is really, really bad go somewhere else!

Another guess reported a missing or stolen Iphone the same day my car got broken into as they were seating at the lounging area coincidence no.. this is not a safe place so be aware, don’t judge a book by it’s cover!!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Timothy_Simpson, Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear Gerard_Torres09,

Thank you for posting your thoughts of Hotel Zero Degrees. I am glad to know you liked the hotel’s contemporary appeal. My apologies for the unfortunate situation that occurred while you were visiting your friend. You did park your car in the garage beneath while visiting a guest of the hotel and items did go missing from your car. However, as per the official Police Report there were no signs of forced entry or damage to your car and you openly admitted to leaving your car doors unlocked with your items clearly exposed on the seat. A rule of thumb when using parking garages especially those in a metropolitan area is that you secure/conceal all valuables and ensure your car is locked. As is customary with most garages the entrance to ours has a sign which states we are not responsible for damage or loss to a vehicle’s content. I know for a fact we have spoken with you in person and had subsequent phone calls thereafter. With regards to the stolen iPhone….we have searched our Lost and Found year to date and could find no such request/complaint concerning that. Should you want to discuss further feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience 203-363-7900.

Regards,
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

This was my second visit to Hotel Zero Degrees.I was there for a week last summer and just spent 3 weeks straight for business. Wonderful room and staff so helpful with recommending restaurants and attractions. The breakfast was great and staff friendly. Close to everything, even walked to the train station to go to a Yankee game one Sunday. Felt very safe being a female and traveling alone.

Room Tip: My room was facing the street but it was nice and sunny. Some noise from fire trucks but did not bot...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Dear SSC54,

Thank you posting this wonderful review. It was great having you stay with us once more and I am glad our downtown location, comfortable rooms and friendly staff made your business trip all the more enjoyable. Yankee games are always fun (especially when they win) and the Metro North Train is the best way to get there. Have an enjoyable Summer and we hope to see you again next year. Keep well!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

Cute hotel, modern and with good amenities.
The shuttle car service was fantastic, drove me to and from the station and also round trip to the mall. The drivers were courteous and kind. The bed was pretty comfy, I stayed in a King room and my request for a fridge was met promptly.
The breakfast was pretty good and decent options although the hash browns were a little hard and the scrambled eggs a bit mealy. Everything else was good though and it's great that they have coffee, tea, fresh fruit out all day for guests.
The only small issues I had were- the bathroom was not the cleanest, the counter was dirty and not properly wiped down so there were soiled rings from previous guests on it. One of the pillows was in a dirty pillowcase with hair stuck on it. The bed sheet was very scratchy, the bathroom light too dim (missing 1bulb), the AC was a bit temperamental (cold on, hot off even after fiddling with the temperature)
I was at the vending machine wondering if it sold water and a maid happened to walk past but unfortunately we could not communicate and in the end I ended up with a $3 charge on my bill for a bottle I did not want but it's not a big deal.

Overall, it's a good little hotel with great service, I would definitely recommend especially since the room rates are very reasonable.

• Stayed June 2012
Timothy_Simpson, Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Dear Gwennyc,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. It is always great to hear that our guests enjoyed their overall stay with us especially the fact that you were able to make full use of our complimentary shuttle. My apologies for the bathroom and sheets I will be sure to bring it to the attention of our Housekeeping Manager. We usually replenish our linens every 3 months to maintain comfort and softness. Thank you for continuing to recommend us, we hope to see you in the near future for an entirely seamless stay.

Regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

Very sheek and modern boutique hotel.. Only drawback, rooms are small but I would recommend staying here. Location provides convenient access to the downtown Stamford area.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Jsett,

Thank you for posting this review. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the hotel and its convenient downtown location. We have many different room types ranging from our Classic Queen to Executive suite and there are specials on them available through our website so feel free to check it out. Should your travels bring you back to the Stamford area we hope to be your first choice for hotel accommodations.

Best,
Springboro, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice on Business and have not been disappointed. Love the new contemporary look and furnishings. Each room seems to be a different layout and size which adds to the variety each time you stay. The bathroom fixtures are excellent and the breakfast is very good. Not a huge variety, but enough for the typical business traveler and you can get it in a hurry. The price with free parking and breakfast beats out all the other hotels in the area. I will always make this hotel my first choice when I travel for business in the Stamford area.

Room Tip: A good restaurant just around the block if you love eating meat is the Rodizio Grill, which is a Bra...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Tigurr,

I appreciate you taking the time to post this review. I am happy to know that you have enjoyed your stays with us and that we met your needs as a business traveler; from comfortable rooms, convenient downtown location, complimentary breakfast and parking. We strive to continually be the best value for our guests. We look forward to seeing you again and delivering the level of service and comfort you have come to expect from us.

new haven, connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

My experience was solid. The room was not large but I thought well laid out. Comfortable bed and comfortable bathroom. I did not enjoy the breakfast in the morning since I overslept so I can not comment on that. The only odd thing that happened was in the morning. I flushed the toilet and went into my room to prepare to depart from the hotel. When I turned around to go back into the bathroom, the whole floor was flooded and part of the rooms' carpet was soaked!!! The toilet was running the whole time while the door was closed. This was no fault of my own and I explained to the front desk staff what happened. They assured me that it was no problem. Kind of a freak accident I supposed. Very odd. Besides that crazy incident my stay was wonderful. Beautiful views of downtown Stamford, free parking and a free shuttle. You can't beat this newer and modern hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor so you can enjoy the view....you can pretty much look out your window and fig...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Vinmarine1,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review about us. I must apologize for that unfortunate incident with the bathroom- we were sure to take care of it and that room is now fully functional and back in service. Besides that hiccup I am glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you in the near future so that you are able to enjoy our breakfast as well. Safe travels.

Property Manager

Been to Hotel Zero Degrees? Share your experiences!