Friends were speaking highly of this place and so when I finally had the chance to see it for myself I wasn't really impressed. In fact, the lobby stands out but that's pretty much it. For a hotel they don't seem to know what's going on and here's why:
1) They assigned me to a single occupancy room when I was rooming with another person
2) The couch was uncomfortable (I couldn't sleep during my stay) and so I asked for a roll away and was told that it would be $10 a night (I was there for 10 days). As it turns out, my cousin had one in his room already and din't need it so I took it. The hotel staff somehow found out and automatically started charging me for using it without permission. What 's up with that?
3)The computers in the "Business Center" didn't work. They told me that someone was called to fix it but by the time I checked out it still was not fixed.
5)They decided to shut the Pool down for a cleaning when we (the Men) had our scheduled turn for swim and it was clearly posted all over the place. When i approached Security about it I was told it's procedure and that I should follow the rules which I was (per our Passover program) and I even showed him our schedule. He warned me that I'd be escorted out of the hotel if I didn't calm down,
6) Why is Security roaming the floor anyway? In "normal" hotels, there are cameras all over the place and security remains hidden.
7) Who's running the Housekeeping department? There was a cleaning lady that was going through rooms and stealing people's stuff. Case in point: I had $50 in my wallet. I didn't use it at all. When I came home I find out that all the cash is gone and the response I got when I called to complain was: "If you had it in the safe you'd still have the money.Are they for real? So unprofessional and rude. Why is Housekeeping going through my pockets in the first place?
8) Their WiFi is messed up. It keeps thinking I was at the Sheraton and switched me to that at random.
9) The AC in the rooms can't be changed? Seriously? 64 is where it stays regardless? It was to hot in the room. (I checked other rooms and this was the same) I ended up having to buy a portable blower to be cool.
10) No hot water anywhere.. No joke. First I was told that when you have many people trying to shower at the same time, it gets used up then I was told that the heating system is broken and they are fixing it. So which one is it? And does it really take 10 days to fix something?
11) They were really quick to "turnover the rooms" as soon as we all started leaving and then cursed me out when I told them I was paid up for an extra 24 hours. They seemed annoyed.
As it turns out, they have been bought by the Crown and will be shutting down to convert it over to Crown standards and I can only hope things change. Either train your staff or fire them because it seems to me like they either have no frickin clue what they are doing or they simply don't care and are just there for a paycheck.
This hotel isn't all it's cracked up to me. It;'s more like a joke and the website looks like it was made by some HS student who was paid to just put something together quickly.
On top of that, it's not even geared for families so be warned and prepared.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 448 Luxurious guest rooms, Stamford Plaza’s recreation facilities provide the perfect wind down to a fulfilling day with a heated indoor pool and a full service health club. Casual dining is available at our Terrace Restaurant and guests are welcome to enjoy a light menu or cocktails in the relaxed atmosphere of our Gazebo Lounge. Easy access to both I-95 and Merritt Parkway and just 45 minutes away from New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Stamford Plaza Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stamford Plaza Hotel Stamford