“A Hotel With Rude And Clueless Staff” 1 of 5 stars

Stamford Plaza Hotel and Conference Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2701 Summer Street, Stamford, CT 06905   |
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
New York City, New York
“A Hotel With Rude And Clueless Staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Friends were speaking highly of this place and so when I finally had the chance to see it for myself I wasn't really impressed. In fact, the lobby stands out but that's pretty much it. For a hotel they don't seem to know what's going on and here's why:

1) They assigned me to a single occupancy room when I was rooming with another person
2) The couch was uncomfortable (I couldn't sleep during my stay) and so I asked for a roll away and was told that it would be $10 a night (I was there for 10 days). As it turns out, my cousin had one in his room already and din't need it so I took it. The hotel staff somehow found out and automatically started charging me for using it without permission. What 's up with that?

3)The computers in the "Business Center" didn't work. They told me that someone was called to fix it but by the time I checked out it still was not fixed.

4)Rude Staff
5)They decided to shut the Pool down for a cleaning when we (the Men) had our scheduled turn for swim and it was clearly posted all over the place. When i approached Security about it I was told it's procedure and that I should follow the rules which I was (per our Passover program) and I even showed him our schedule. He warned me that I'd be escorted out of the hotel if I didn't calm down,

6) Why is Security roaming the floor anyway? In "normal" hotels, there are cameras all over the place and security remains hidden.

7) Who's running the Housekeeping department? There was a cleaning lady that was going through rooms and stealing people's stuff. Case in point: I had $50 in my wallet. I didn't use it at all. When I came home I find out that all the cash is gone and the response I got when I called to complain was: "If you had it in the safe you'd still have the money.Are they for real? So unprofessional and rude. Why is Housekeeping going through my pockets in the first place?

8) Their WiFi is messed up. It keeps thinking I was at the Sheraton and switched me to that at random.

9) The AC in the rooms can't be changed? Seriously? 64 is where it stays regardless? It was to hot in the room. (I checked other rooms and this was the same) I ended up having to buy a portable blower to be cool.

10) No hot water anywhere.. No joke. First I was told that when you have many people trying to shower at the same time, it gets used up then I was told that the heating system is broken and they are fixing it. So which one is it? And does it really take 10 days to fix something?

11) They were really quick to "turnover the rooms" as soon as we all started leaving and then cursed me out when I told them I was paid up for an extra 24 hours. They seemed annoyed.

As it turns out, they have been bought by the Crown and will be shutting down to convert it over to Crown standards and I can only hope things change. Either train your staff or fire them because it seems to me like they either have no frickin clue what they are doing or they simply don't care and are just there for a paycheck.

This hotel isn't all it's cracked up to me. It;'s more like a joke and the website looks like it was made by some HS student who was paid to just put something together quickly.

On top of that, it's not even geared for families so be warned and prepared.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

He went above and beyond in the customer service experience. A big thank you to Bryan for making my day so early in the morning. In my opinion, he is an asset to the front desk of the Stamford Plaza Hotel and Conference Center.

Thank you.

Laurie Eisele, Travel Coordinator
for Ronald Froh and Randall Jostes

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

All stuff here is really nice I only give two starts because room cleaners don't do their job!!! Seriously it doesn't mean that u wipe off counter in the bathroom and you job is done! Look around every single doors in room has finger prints and dirt on it and a lot of other stuff in rooms are not done

This is not a first time that I have dirty room. If you charge people over $100 per night make sure that we get what we pay for!!!!! Because to me see that you are on MOTEL level.

My suggestion??? Tell room cleaners to do their job or hire new stuff who will do their job and appreciate work and paycheck every month.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Moorestown, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Pros: Good location, pretty room, comfortable bed, lots of towels
Cons: Neither of my key cards worked very well so it was a chore to get into the room. They graciously provided coffee but forgot that you need a coffee maker to use the coffee, stains on the bathroom floor and walls, breakfast was great if you like green bananas, glazed donuts or mini blueberry muffins, and I asked for a glass of water at breakfast and was told they didn't have any. I was glad for the extra towels because they have those odd showers that are only half enclosed, so you need an extra towel to mop up the water off the floor when you're done.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I was staying here with our extended family for a weekend. Check in was very prompt and fast, a bell boy was available right away to help is with luggage.rooms on 2nd floor where clean & pretty fresh looking, looks like it was recently redone. Staff was very accommodative with all our special requests. Only problem i had was lack of fresh air throughout the entire hotel all the room windows are either facing the enclosed lobby or facing parking lot but all are sealed.so in need of air you gotta walk out of building. Other wise great hotel & value for money.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I'm in Stamford for business every three weeks. I'm always staying with Sheraton or Hilton but this time they were over booked so make made reservation here. I got shocked when I walked inside the hotel dirty and stained carpets, white water stains, full trash cans,etc.

I checked in and headed to my room. My room was completely dirty fingerprints, BLOODY STAN ON MY COVER!!!!!!!!! I immediately run downstairs and asked for new room. They gave me new room and second time my walked into a room and the bathroom wasn't clean water stains on mirrors, poor bed job and hairs on the floor!!!!!! I AGAIN run downstairs told manager Kristina what's is going on. She upgraded me to suite without asking apologized to me for this inconvenience.

This hotel should finish their construction ASAP and hired new people to clean.

I'm only giving more then one star because Bryan and Kristina were really helpful and nice! Over all this hotel is on same level as motel 6 they just charge twice that much.
I won't come back here unless all the hotels in Stamford are fully booked.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
stamford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I have been staying in this hotel once or twice a week in past 4 year due to work reason. I have been seeing all the changes they are making. Definitely, the room is very clean, the staff are very friendly.
My family members visit me from overseas in the summer and stayed here. They love the stay. They wont worry about the condition of the hotel i have been staying for so long anymore.
I highly recommend people give it a try when you are in NYC/CT area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Stamford Plaza Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!