“Nothing special and the breakfast was the worst I have had in any hotel.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Stamford Plaza Hotel and Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Stamford Plaza Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Stamford Plaza Hotel and Conference Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2701 Summer Street, Stamford, CT 06905   |
Ranked #11 of 14 hotels in Stamford
Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
“Nothing special and the breakfast was the worst I have had in any hotel.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is average- the food in the restaurant ( not even a real restaurant) was lacking although I was happy to not have to drive. The breakfast was awful- so bad that I bought something else at the hotel. ( adding insult to injury!)

The price was good for the area but next time I will venture to another hotel and pay more. Not worth the money and parking is not free.

• Stayed September 2012

124 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Booked the hotel on Hotels.com for a surprise romantic getaway for my wife and I. Before booking I called the hotel to make sure the hot tub,pool, bar and restaurant were open and explained I would be arriving the next day. Thier price for a room was higher so I booked thru Hotels.com. Well on arrival the receptionist was slow and unconcerned at best. Then the bar and restaurant was closed due to a "Certain Party" (not even open to anyone) and the pool and hot tub was closed to "Yes" a "Certain Party". I know who is the "Certain Party" Hasidic Jews. I have no problem with that but I should have been informed when I called. Buyer be aware.

• Stayed January 2013
AmitRangi, Director of Operations at Stamford Plaza Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Bootyman68,

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my sincere apology for not meeting your expectations. We take every word from your feedback seriously to rectify any potential guest service related issues. Please do visit us in near future once renovations are completed & we are 100 % ready with all amenities.

Best Regards,

Amit Rangi
Director of Operations
Tel: (203) 359-1300
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Room had cool air rather than heat. Took maintenance over 20 min to arrive. First thing he did was check the air filter. Just looking at it would make you sick. After the replacement was installed, there was no improvement. 15 minutes later I went with the maintenance man to check out a second room. No heat. Again he removed the air filter and it was worse. I am talking about an inch of crud through which the air we were to breathe was going to pass. No heat. We ended up getting moved to the Holiday Inn Express next door. The fellow at the desk in the Plaza, who was glued to a TV, was a dolt. The one at the Holiday Inn tried but was abrasive. An hour and a half after arriving we got settled into our third room. What do you think we received for our trouble? Not even an apology. Avoid this place like the proverbial plague, unless you like breathing air that has passed through filters that haven't been changed in years, if ever. I am calling the CT Dept of Health on Monday. A nightmare!

• Stayed December 2012
Plainview, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I have stayed in the area dozens of times, but this was my first time at the Stamford Plaza. The room was the nicest of any hotel in Stamford/Greenwich (compared to the Hilton, Marriott, and Hyatt). It was enormous, had a sensational bed, wonderful TV with loads of channels, and a sleek bathroom with loads of towels. The Asian-inspired decor in the rooms and hallways is really chic, and everything was spotless. They gave me a king-size bed, rather than punishing me for using Priceline by giving me twin beds (like the Hilton did two nights ago). I can't comment on the breakfast because I didn't partake, but I do see what the other reviewers mean about the lobby: it looks like several hotels smushed their lobbies together, mismatched decor and big enough for reception for a thousand people, although there wasn't a soul there on a weekday afternoon. So that was a bit odd, but really why care about that when everything is clean, the rooms are fantastic, the parking is cheap and convenient, and the price is so reasonable? N.B. the person who checked me in was perfectly friendly and welcoming, and they even have complimentary lemonade in a glass dispenser at the front desk - nice touch!

Room Tip: The property is enormous and the rooms form a gigantic square around the atrium lobby. My room was...
Dear shell202020,

We are excited to hear that you liked our newly renovated guestrooms & its decor. We are in process of renovating lobby & meeting space. Let me assure you that it's going to be equally remarkable as our guest rooms are right now.

Once again we appreciate your business & patience while we are still working on enchasing our product. Please do visit us in near future to experience the whole new hotel.

Warm Regards,

Amit Rangi
Director of Operations
Tel: (203) 359-1300
Greenwich, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed here recently on business. Let me start with the good news. They have a shuttle to and from the Stamford train station which is a great feature. Sometimes you have to wait 30 minutes or more to be picked up at the end of the day, but still it's free if you're trying to keep to a budget. The other plus, it seems the rooms have been renovated, so mine was modern looking and clean.

Oh, one more good thing, there are a few sparse restaurant options within walking distance in either way. A nice little Asian place called Little Buddha and in the other direction a good coal fired pizza place, a Mediterranean restaurant and a big diner with a huge menu. You'll want to walk elsewhere as the restaurant on site looks uninviting and the menu is sparse.

The help at the front desk is poorly trained and not overly courteous. Felt like I was at a Denny's vs. a three or four star hotel.

The interior lobby is very tired and old looking. Feel like you're in the 70s. The elevators have the usual marketing materials posted inside, except at this "Plaza" the brochures are scotch taped to the walls.

There is a sign out front that says this is a future Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza site. I'd wait for that day to come before I stayed here.

Oxford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The breakfast was the worst that I have ever seen in a hotel! All that was on offer was a pot of coffee (and this was empty on one day), a pot of juice, and a basket of plasticky pastries in cellophane wrappers. And this was laughingly called a "continental breakfast". On top of that, this was served on a small table in the lobby, where we were expected to eat (or leave, presumably). I ate my breakfast elsewhere.

The gym equipment was pretty tired, and two machines had already been retired to the hallway, awaiting removal. The sauna and steam room were cold.

Room Tip: Try the Marriott Downtown, or the Zero Degrees hotel.
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This place had an interior courtyard. it had banners stating that it was turning into a Crowne Plaza but no date. The rooms were very nice as was the overall condition of the hotel. I did notice that the lighting in the indoor courtyard was industrial-like. I found it unappealing to go to the hotel bar. Location is a bit of a ways from downtown but it is in a nice neighborhood with walkable restaurants.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Stamford Plaza Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!