“Very Nasty Place” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Boston, Massachusetts
“Very Nasty Place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

When I checked in to this hotel for a non-smoking room I was asked to wait while the front desk person ran to the room with a box of carpet freshener. I waited for about 10 minutes for him to return and check me in. Once he came back and checked me in I walked to my room and there was carpet fresh all over the floor and the walls were all half painted. I could smell smoke in the room and the it was dirty. I pulled the sheets back and there were black hairs all over the bed sheets. I complained at the front desk and they moved me but my next room was just as bad. I stayed there for about a week and figured out that the people that work in the hotel also live in the hotel. They also have cats and this is why the bed sheets have black hair all over them, I guess they allow the cats to hang out in the bed while they pretend to clean the rooms. Also, you can book on line for around 60.00, if you book at the hotel in around 90. There is no way I'd ever pay around 90.00 to stay in that dump. Oh, they also have roaches.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Westfield, WI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2009

This was seriously the most digusting place I have ever visited. We had been up for about 35 hours and fell right into bed when we got there. It looked as if someone had spit phlegm all over the walls and ceiling. There was a tissue in the peephole because the peephole went all the way through. (As in no lens). The sheets were stained and there were long black hairs in our bed. The bathroom was OK as it looked like it has been remodeled recently. But the rest of the room was just plain YUCK. We did complain in the morning and they said sorry but that we should have complained when we checked in so that we could have been moved. Like I said, we were tired and had not noticed most of this until we woke up in the morning. When we returned home I was sad to see that my daughters recollection of the trip kept including this hotel and how nasty it was and I thought that was just plain sad. I complained to corporate who contacted the hotel owner. We received an apologiy letter from the hotel and a 20% refund, but the letter was in broken english and very poor grammar. Although the apology had my name on the top it started off it had other guests names on it also. They also gacve us 20% off our enxt stay but I wouldn't stay there again if it were free.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Stamford? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Americas Best Value Inn Stamford

Address: 1209 East Main Street, Stamford, CT 06902
Location: United States > Connecticut > Stamford
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Hotel Class:2 star — Americas Best Value Inn Stamford 2*
Americas Best Value Inn is conveniently located off of I-95N Exit 9, in the beautiful shoreline city of Stamford, Connecticut. Our hotel is within minutes of the area's most popular attractions including Stamford Town Center Mall, Landmark Square Cinema, Lockwood Mansion, Island Beach, Bartlett Aboretum, University of Connecticut Stamford, Dolce Convention Center, and Stamford Museum and Nature Center. Enjoy a delicious meal at our on-site restaurant "Exit 9 Cafe" or visit one of the restaurants within a mile of our hotel including Subway, Smokey Joe's BBQ, Brasitas Restaurant, Villa Italia Ristorante, and Giovanni's Serious Steak House. Our 24-hour staff is here to make our pet friendly hotel your home away from home. Guests are treated to free wireless high-speed Internet access, free daily continental breakfast, free local calls, free parking, use of our on-site business center, Rooms feature a radio, desk with lamp, alarm clock, satellite/cable TV, in-room safe, and wake-up service. At Americas Best Value Inn Stamford, We've Got You Covered from the time you hit the road until your head hits the pillow. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn Stamford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Americas Best Value Inn Stamford Hotel Stamford

If you own or manage Americas Best Value Inn Stamford, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.