First, I want to apologize for any negative thing I have ever written about any other hotel or motel,
because this place has set a new low standard by which all other places seem like paradise.
We had to go to Stamford, CT as an emergency and booked this hotel simply based on its closeness to our destination. We arrived at night in a terrible traffic jam, so looking for other options was impossible because we had driven many hours and were too exhausted to look
elsewhere. Had we seen this place in the light of day we would have found a way to sleep
anywhere else ! First, the man checking us in was openly hostile and purposely unhelpful.
He is very different from the people who run the place during the day, because they were very
nice and may have been the owners. So, I ask the night desk clerk if we could have 2 beds
because it is my adult son and myself. He says no at first, then yes and throws a key at us in
a very disgruntled way that makes it clear he is done with us. We walk like 10 minutes and finally get to our room which only has 1 King bed, but we are too tired to go back and deal with this
man again. We look around and are totally grossed out by what we find. There are sticky stains
and what I hope was food smeared everywhere, on every surface and what looked like smeared
grisly remains on both doors with hand prints in what looked like dried blood. Had someone been
murdered in here and no one cleaned up ? The blanket on the bed was threadbare with many cigarette burns in it. The table top and bedside tables are also covered in thick sticky stains, as are
The tub, the sink, and the walls !!! My son is already asleep, sick from too many hours of driving, so I try to sleep, but imagine what if there are bedbugs ??? It was awful. I never took my socks off
and wore my shoes every time I had to walk anywhere. Everything in the room is old and worn out.
There are no tissues, only toilet paper. This is really austere and filthy accommodations- I have never experienced this level of terrible before and it was enlightening. The worst part ? The room
cost $99.00 during midweek and we were only there for about 10 long miserable hours ! Now,
where I come from, you can stay in a very nice hotel for $99.00 midweek. This was very old and
falling apart everywhere. In the morning, I walked to the office to get the free breakfast, which had
no beverage except a warm jug of apple juice and warm milk and some incredibly stale bagels
and cereal- as awful as the room. I tried to work the orange juice machine and was told it was
broken. I went out to the vending machine, and had to pay $2.00 for a small bottle of Pepsi.
While outside I noticed a large hole alongside the office, and realized this rusty gaping eyesore
was at one time a pool, but is now another disgusting mess. Some of the people lurking outside
the rooms the night before we're screaming in other languages and the sounds of the constant
heavy truck traffic a few feet from the rooms makes for very noisy and poor sleeping conditions.
(not that you could sleep easy here with the horrifying mess of the room !). I admit I did not have time to read reviews or I would have been warned off from this "America's Best". All I can say is
that if this is "America's BEST", I would hate to see it's worst ! Stay away ! There are many
nice hotels very near-by that cost the same and are far nicer, just make sure you check TripAdvisor first like I should have ! When asked where we stayed in Stamford, people said
"You stayed THERE ?" in horror. Yes, I will always check TripAdvisor from now on, no matter
how big the emergency. We learned the hard way.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn Stamford Hotel Stamford
- Americas Best Value Inn Stamford Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Americas Best Value Inn is conveniently located off of I-95N Exit 9, in the beautiful shoreline city of Stamford, Connecticut. Our hotel is within minutes of the area's most popular attractions including Stamford Town Center Mall, Landmark Square Cinema, Lockwood Mansion, Island Beach, Bartlett Aboretum, University of Connecticut Stamford, Dolce Convention Center, and Stamford Museum and Nature Center. Enjoy a delicious meal at our on-site restaurant "Exit 9 Cafe" or visit one of the restaurants within a mile of our hotel including Subway, Smokey Joe's BBQ, Brasitas Restaurant, Villa Italia Ristorante, and Giovanni's Serious Steak House. Our 24-hour staff is here to make our pet friendly hotel your home away from home. Guests are treated to free wireless high-speed Internet access, free daily continental breakfast, free local calls, free parking, use of our on-site business center, Rooms feature a radio, desk with lamp, alarm clock, satellite/cable TV, in-room safe, and wake-up service. At Americas Best Value Inn Stamford, We've Got You Covered from the time you hit the road until your head hits the pillow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Tingo, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn Stamford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.