“Seafood, but not all” 3 of 5 stars

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Brooklyn, New York
“Seafood, but not all”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was staying at the Marriott hotel nearby and the concierge said this was a good restaurant. It was within walking distance, only one block away. Very nice.
It was a Thursday night around 7:30 pm, not crowded. I sat down and ordered the crab cakes. The waiter told me they were out of crab cakes for the day. Very odd since I was told they were a house specialty. I then ordered the ceviche which I was also told they were out of.
I decided to order no appetizer and I proceeded to order grilled salmon as my entree. I knew they had to have this. They did.
It was okay, the salmon was overcooked (I asked for it on the rare side, it was well done no pink) and the veggies is came with were simply just bland. I wouldn't return. It was $24 for my entree.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Riverside, Connecticut
“Very Good Seafood!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We went for dinner on Saturday night and where very surprised! Food was very good and the prices fair. Our waiter wasn't the best but the rest of the staff made up for him.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hartford, Connecticut
“Good Food, Fair Prices and Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My wife and I dined here for our anniversary. I mentioned this special occasion to Perry, the manager, on making the reservation. On arrival, we received top notch service and I nice quiet booth as requested. The food was very good (my wife and I each had salmon), the setting classy and the service excellent. Deserts are oversized and delicious. The manager (Perry) is very 'hands on' and visits customer tables to insure everything is OK. I even saw him helping to bring out some meals to a large party. The guy runs a good restaurant.

I'll be back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New England
“Very good seafood in an upscale casual atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner on Saturday and was pleasantly surprised. Seafood was very fresh and well prepared. Similar to legal seafoods. You pick your fish and then select from a handful of preparation options. Side dishes and desserts were also very good. Portion sizes were just right - not to big but ample for the price paid. New England chowder was just the right consistency - creamy but not to thick. The shark fin dessert is awesome. I would definitely return. Note thru Labor Day they have a pre fix three course dinner with soup or salad, lobster or king crab legs, and dessert for 29.99. It is an excellent value

Visited July 2013
Ridgefield, Connecticut
“Really Worthwhile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Mitchell's is similar to McCormick and Schmick and Legal Seafoods. Nice selection of fresh fish, shellfish, and oysters with origin of each identified. Fish can be prepared 6 different ways. We enjoyed everything we had and the prices were reasonable. Service was great. The bar erred on our drink order, but the waiter made it up to us with a few comps. A very good value for the quality of the food.

Visited June 2013