“Very Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Southport
Lawrence, MA
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving weekend is now over. My stay at the Delamar Hotel is Southport, CT was a very nice experience. I had a hard time finding it because (my fault) didn't bring my GPS. Once I arrived it was an wonderful experience. The room was large, the bathroom even larger. I could fit my own bathroom in this one. I had slippers waiting for my tired feet at the foot of my bed. A bathroom was hanging in the bathroom. Just lovely.
The staff couldn't do enough for me. Then I found out they had no gift shop. I would've loved to purchase a gift for my friend from their.
Their Artisan Restaurant was on the first floor with complimentary breakfast the whole weekend. The food was excellent.
That night I was sleeping but was awaken by the noise of the heat coming on. Then a cool breeze fell upon me from the vents over the bed. My remote didn't work and my night sleep wasn't too good. I reported these interruptions to the staff. I was told it would be taken care of.
It was for one night and then third night stay had the same problem. This was reported again.
For the price of the room I would think the heating system would be more sophisticated.
The staff person who registered me was wonderful as well as the porters.
I wouldn't let this hinder me from staying there again. I look forward to it.
It was a very nice experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not too far from the elevator. My room was down the hall, around the corner and up th...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Mariya S, General Manager at Delamar Southport, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing the feedback of your stay with us. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the spacious accommodations hotel has to offer as well as all of our amenities and services. I appreciate you complimenting our dedicated team working hard in delivering great customer service. I apologize that heating did not work properly; this issue was addressed with the management. We certainly would love to welcome you back for a return visit. Warm Regards, Mariya Sytnyk Property Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Rockville, Marland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

The Delamar Southport is one of those boutique hotels that specializes in service in addition to rooms alone. The result is a consistently excellent experience enhanced by the helpful attitude of the service people in the hotel. The restaurant is good as well. This well run hotel is an excellent value on a host of levels. My wife and I always make it a point to stay here whenever we are in the vicinity.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice but the suites are great if you are staying for more than a few days as they...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Mariya S, General Manager at Delamar Southport, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review of Delamar Southport. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay as well as our friendly and caring staff. We look forward to welcoming you back for a return visit.
Warmest Regards, Mariya Sytnyk, Property Manager
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Our suite was gorgeous! The beds are clean and comfortable, the ammenities are top notch and the attention to detail is impressive. The staff is friendly and accommodating and the on site restaurant is fabulous!

Room Tip: A fireplace makes the experience just that much better!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind revive and wonderful compliments. We are pleased you got to enjoy a superior room with fireplace. Look forward to welcoming you back for a return visit. Warm Regards, Mariya Sytnyk Property Manager
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I really recommend Delamar hotel.

Its had a very friendly and helpfull staff.
Its a beautiful and cozy hotel in a very nice area of Southport. My room was much then I expected and everything was clean and organized. They have very good quality products as well.
plus they have a very good restaurant

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Leonard B, Front Office Manager at Delamar Southport, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to post this review about us. I am pleased to know we not only met but exceeded your expectations during your visit. Our team strives to go out of their way to provide great service and memorable experiences for all of our guests and our housekeeping department deserves each accolade they receive for always providing a clean and welcoming space for our guests to enjoy. Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to Delamar Southport soon.

Fairfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

This was our third time using the Delamar (and for very good reason) as our host hotel for a special event that my company puts on each year. We had 32 of their 44 rooms booked this time around as we had a slightly large group than we normally do. Every single one of our guests raved about their experience at the Delamar. They loved everything about it from the plush, luxurious beds to the small touches like the sewing kits in the bathroom; the Delamar covered every little expected detail and had gone above and beyond. The Delamar has that perfect balance of old New England charm and modern flair.

While we did not eat in Artisan, both nights we went in for evening drinks and the staff was wonderful and even stayed late to accommodate our group. The front desk staff was always extremely welcoming, warm, and ready to help whenever it was needed.

I worked directly with Jackie and Christina in group sales and they were wonderful to work with. They were so accommodating and made sure that rooms were clean for those in our group who arrived for early check-in; not an easy feat when you have a full house the night before.

I travel quite a bit for work and so have stayed in my fair share of hotels. I have yet to find one that comes close to what the Delamar offers. The architecture and decor is so warm and inviting and the level of service is top notch and is something that the bigger hotel chains could learn a thing or two from. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone if traveling in this part of Connecticut and we will most certainly be returning with our group in the future!

Room Tip: Even the "standard" room is very well-appointed. They only get better from there!
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

We were lucky enough to stay in a wonderful room in a lovely lovely hotel. Olde worlde charm with impeccable charm and excellent staff. We thought that the decor was sublime and the peaceful location a dream. Thank you

• Stayed September 2013
Leonard B, Front Office Manager at Delamar Southport, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for your kind review of Delamar Southport. We are thrilled to know our staff and property made such a great first impression on your first visit. Thank you again for your review, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm Regards,
Westport, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Recently my wife and I sold our home in Fairfield, CT and purchased a condo in nearby Westport, CT. There was a week's gap between the real estate closings/move out/move and as my wife is a travel agent and very knowledgeable about hotels in the area, she booked us into the Delamar in Southport. Selling/buying and moving, all in the space of one week, created a lot of anxiety and stress. The "antidote" was our time at the Delamar. It was truly a haven of peace and tranquility! The accommodations and related hotel services, dining and other amenities were superb. The hotel staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. Staying at the Delamar as our temporary "home" was a wonderful experience and if anyone is seeking an elegant, sophisticated hotel for either a short term or extended stay, they won't find a better place in Fairfield County than the Delamar.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Leonard B, Front Office Manager at Delamar Southport, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review of Delamar Southport! I'm happy to know that during such a stressful transition period we were able to make you feel at home and offer world class service and amenities for your family. I hope that as a local resident now we get to see you in Artisan Restaurant from time to time! Thank you again for staying with us.

Warm Regards,
Front Office Manager

Been to Delamar Southport? Share your experiences!