“Convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Southington
Denver, Colorado
“Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

I stayed here the 1st week of August 2011 for a trip to see my son and his family. It is extremely convenient to the interstate. The motel itself is older but is kept up nicely. It offers a free continental breakfast and the coffee was great. The room is clean and the housekeeping staff attentive and honest. It offers in room coffee, free wifi, cable tv channels and the ac worked great. It has room service provided by the steak house that shares the same parking lot. I didn't order room service but did eat at the steak house. The ribeye was excellent as was the chicken wings. I will be staying here for my future trips to Southington CT.

Room Tip: They offer smoking and non smoking rooms.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Watertown,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

For my first experience walking into the door I was greeted by a very friendly front desk person, then greeted by a very friendly manager. I was given a tour of the facility before I stayed because I wasnt sure if I would like it. I saw how clean, classy and spacious the rooms were and immediately knew I would be staying there. I evaluated the other places to stay in town and the Days Inn gave you so much more for a lessor price. The stay was just as perfect, the rooms were cleaned well by friendly staff very systematically, I wish I could take the bed home because it was so comfortable! I seriously got way more than what I paid for and couldnt ask for a better experience!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

Came in off the road without reservations but had checked reviews online before leaving home. Stayed 2 nights to visit friends in Plainville & Plantsville & it was an excellent choice as we were between both of them. Room was very clean, nice furniture & a very comfortable pillow top king size bed.We chose to pay for the fridge/micro combo and our dog was very welcome for a fee.The Mgr. Dave & all staff were terrific and helpful.Great price includng breakfast bar with lots of variety. Will definately be back ! Thanks & congats to all.
Stayed July 19 & 20, 2011.
Travelled as couple with pet.

Room Tip: Non- smoking rooms near the office
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Southington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

We came in off the road with no reservation about 11:30 p.m., we checked in, the 3rd shift front desk person was very nice, polite,and very helpful with information about the surrounding store's and restaurant's in the area.Now for the room, it was Great they had upated the room since I last stayed here 3yrs. ago when it was owned by someone else. Now for our room, we had a king size pillow top mattress , 5 pillows, nice furniture, good size tv, and wifi, and very clean,and has a nice selection of breakfast food's We stayed 3 days , in that course of that time we met both managers, and also the 1st shift and 2nd shift desk people, and other staff people in the hotel, theyr'e all wonderful and polite people, with the amount of travel which we do is about 6 month's a yr. it's nice to find a hotel that know's how to treat guests the way they should be treated, . Hat's off to the hotel and staff at the Days Inn Southington,CT. D.W.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
WEST HAVEN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

It is obvious that the hotel has undergone major rework. It is freshly painted outside and the room was comfortable in every respect.

One can find restaurants nearby, and , there are major interstate roads that can access it. My Lady loved the King size comfortable bed. Dave B seems to have picked a good group of staffers.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Southington, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

I stayed at this hotel during a snowstorm because it is 2 minutes down the road from the Southington Shoprite, which is where I work. I was able to get to work with no problems. The staff was friendly and attentive. When I got back from dinner at the adjacent TD Homer's, there was a note from the staff in my room. They wanted to let me know that the truck of my car was open and they didn't want my battery to go dead. (The truck to my car doesn't close all the way because it was damaged in a hit and run at my apartment during the last ice storm). I loved most of the furniture in the room. I wish I could have taken it with me. (LOL). Small but good breakfast spread. Great TV Channel Choices. (They carry all the channels from the local COX Line-Up). I would have the say my only complaint is the fact the the entrance to the bathroom is very narrow and I to go in at an angle. They did a great job clearing the parking lot of the snow. They plowed the lot and used a snow blower in-between all the cars. All I had to do was shovel out my tires and a little bit in back of the car.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
rome,ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

WOW! This says it all. We visited our family in Southington for Thanksgiving, but not enough room at their home, so we decided to stay at the new Days Inn. The place looks like an expensive hotel. The General Manager, Dave was so welcoming and his staff is terrific. Breakfast in the morning has lots of variety. Our room was so big and the decor was nice. Our kids could move around and we just relaxed while watching a movie. The place is close to everything and we ordered a pizza from their restaurant. Everything was great, but the best was the price!!! This place is a real gem! We'll be back in the Spring!Knobash Family

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn? Share your experiences!