“Top Notch!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 158 restaurants in Southington
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Bar, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
PHILA PA
“Top Notch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Traveled to Southington this weekend for work. Searched Trip Advisor to see what was close and this place seemed to meet my criteria : suggested good food, beer, service, and proximity to my hotel/ location.

I visited on a Friday at about 5:30 pm. Given all of the reviews, I decided to arrive at that time. The place is rather small and there was a HUGE line by the 6-7 timeframe. So, at 5:30 walked right in and got seated.

Staff was extremely nice and we were also greeted by the manager on duty. Friendly guy who explained the Wood and Tap 'history' and asked why I was in the area. I can respect that, since I try and visit the local places when traveling on business, and it adds to the experience.

So, the food. Lives up to the reputation. It was awesome. One complaint, we had the app of crab dip, wanted to hold off on one of the ingredients and was told it wasn't possible as they were already mixed in. I get the whole "prep" idea, but that was kind of a turn off.

I ordered a steak and it arrived exactly as ordered. My girlfriend had the fall off the bone half rack of ribs and the sweet potato fries. Both meals were perfect, tasty, and well worth the price. We sampled a few of the local beers. This is always a treat since I get to taste different things.

Place offers HH from 4-7 weekly which was pretty awesome. I heard there's a 10pm to close HH too. The beers were good and the prices were rather reasonable. I'm use to the high prices from the Philadelphia area.

Overall, this place lived up to the high reputation, and WILL return to this establishment if i'm in Southington again. Thanks for the positive experience.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

78% Recommend
“Great food, but bad pricing, and poor service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

The food was great there was a lot to choose from. The "happy hour" is very limited and the wines taste like water.
The server had good intentions but barely had time to check on our meals. When I told him he forgot hard boiled egg in my salad I would like him to bring it to me on a Seperate plate, he said ok. He never gave it to me.
He messed up my check and my girlfriends. He put some of her order on mine. I do not recommend going back bc of how high priced the simple food is. And we were rushed by our server bc he was constantly being distracted by other tables. And when we told them we were celebrating our birthdays they just said that's nice, and gave us a candle on desert and walked away

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Southington, Connecticut
“Enjoyable dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I always enjoy going to wood -n-tap for dinner. It is a very nice atmosphere. The prices are decent and the food is good. Very nice bar to have a drink at. Definally a good place to eat if you're looking to go out for dinner!

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Canton, Connecticut
“Love Wood-N-Tap!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

The atmosphere at WNT is very nice. My husband and I go here often for drinks after work and other times with our daughter for a family meal. The food is always good, the prices reasonable and the staff very friendly. Highly recommend it! The Ahi Tuna is delcious. Get a Red Sangria to go with it! The kids mac-n-cheese is my daughter's favorite. The beef burgers and turkey burgers are great. I love their special menus- hope they bring back the pork chops this autumn!

Visited August 2012
“yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Love the calamari. Good bar and food. Good staff. very affordable. They'll make lots of drinks like Shirley temples. And tons of foods that everyone will like.

• Visited June 2012