“Dee-lish!” 5 of 5 stars

Description: Telephone 860-681-6118
Hackensack, NJ
“Dee-lish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I'm from NJ but my work brings me to CT often. I happened to be in the Southington area and stumbled upon this place. I stopped in and the girls there are so nice and the food looks AND tastes delicious!
I had the Sheperds Pie Pastie and I loved it! I saw the comment about the crust being dry. It wasn't dry, it was just a biscuit consistency; not what I guess that reviewer was expecting. But I loved it! I'm thinking of ordering some to bring home with me!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Southington, Connecticut
“Good idea, needs some improvements”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

As a pie lover, I was quite excited to try Six Pence. I had the Butcher, which is beef bourguignon in a pie crust. It was quite dry and seemed to be a lot more crust than filling, which was disappointing. My wife had the yard bird and enjoyed it, but just from looking I could see that it was also quite dry and mostly crust. I hope they get better because I love the idea, they just unfortunately fell short for me.

Visited July 2012
Southington, Connecticut
“WOW! Everything is great. Why make it at home?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

The pies from Sixpence are great! The fruit pies are great and are the chicken pot pies. This is better than I could make and who has the time? Everything tastes so fresh. The ladies inside are very accommodating and those of us in Southington should support this business. Take a pie of some sort home today and you will know what I mean!
Joan from Southington

• Visited August 2012
Hartford, Connecticut
“Had this place totally wrong!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I've driven by, walked by, even sat and had lunch across the street and I always presumed it was dessert pies so I never actually entered the building until I read an article upon an upcoming "Taste of Southington" which said the new restaurant actually featured meat pies.

Well that is just the tip of the iceberg of Sixpence. They have a full line of pasties. (meat and potato filled pastry-pie crust) Shephards Pie, Chicken Cordon Bleu, Pulled Pork, to name only a few. Also a selection of pot pies and soups.

I've now been back three times and I will be back again! The food is totally prepared on premises and served hot right out of the oven. So far my favorite is the Shephards Pie but the Pulled Pork with barbecue sauce is a very close second.

These two young ladies have some fantastic recipes to share; I hope Southington discovers as I have this great spot for lunch. It's located right off the town green on Main Street near Seraphino's Pharmacy.

• Visited July 2012