“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 9 hotels in Southington
Sherbrooke, Canada
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The room was very clean with a very accommodating and friendly staff at a more than reasonable price (breakfast included). Just off I-84 and near everything from shopping to restaurants. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Irvine, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I booked a three day stay as I am in-between residences. I read all the Trip Advisor reviews and felt good that it would be a clean hotel at a budget price. However, after I checked in and spent some time in my room, I know feel this place is beyond filthy and that maybe the health department ought to check it out. My room has a stench that I cannot identify, but it is over-whelming and I feel it could make me sick. The room is dirty and lacking any evidence of housekeeping. The mattress and overall bed looks as though the sheets have not been cleaned. There are large spiders as well and the toilet doesn't work. I could go on but I think the aforementioned sentences clearly paint the picture.

I plan on sleeping in my car and only using this room to shower in before work. I will of course, never stay here again. As such, I have cancelled my other two nights. I have stayed in many hotels over the years with my work travels, some high end and some very budget. But, I have never ever stayed in a hotel that is this dirty, smelly, and lacks just basic housekeeping. In short, please don't ever stay here!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Ciudad de Nueva York, Nueva York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Excelent service and the room very nice and clean.
The personal very friendly, I hope I wiil come back asap. For familiy trip is a nice pleace and the pool clean and refreshing for summer time. The hotel is locate in a comercial area near of restaurants and shopping area with a big parking.

Room Tip: 305 301 first floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Is very accommodating, friendly, and the room is very clean. Awesome weekend, quiet mornings. Good rooms, good people, take care of everything I tell them. Couldn't ask for a better place for this price. Just great

• Stayed May 2012
Southington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The neighborhood and general vicinity is very family-oriented, meaning that the retail stores and restaurants are far from scarce. Walk to the supermarket grocery store, fast food restaurants, etc. The I-84 is around the corner. Sunoco is, too. WiFi worked everytime. DirectTV was excellent with business and sports channels I need but not found in all hotels. Added a little refrig + a brand new microwave for a reasonable extra fee. The heating/air cooling system was practically brand new, thermostat-controlled. Coffee was very good, as good or better than at another hotel where the rate was more than twice the amount as Knights Inn. On April 08, they were in the process of major renovation, but did not interfere with the wing where I stayed. Convenient to Hartford, Waterbury, and the coast, but without the traffic congestion. Real Connecticut, real Southington.

Room Tip: State your needs: first floor, if too many belongings to carry up, or handicapped, etc.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Southington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I have been staying at the Knights Inn in Southington for about a month now as my wife and I are inbetween residences. I have found from the beginning that they are very nice people who honestly do care about their customers stay at the hotel. They have been EXTREMELY nice to us and my wife and I couldnt be happier. Their staff comes in everyday to clean and are also very friendly. Its nice to see a smiling face in the mornings. They have a nice, little continental breakfast in the mornings which is convienient. We also make use of their microwave to heat up meals. If your looking for a nice, clean place to stay and are are on a budget, I suggest you definitely consider the Knights Inn!

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking Queen Street get more sun into the rooms and you can see whats happening on th...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Southington, Connecticut, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been staying at the KNIGHTS INN for 15 days now as I am in between residences and I have found them to be very nice people. Always friendly and they honor the best rates for their rooms. I would recommend to anyone on a budget who wants a nice and safe place to stay. They offer a coninental breakfast also, that helps so I dont have to go out every morning to get something to eat and coffee.

Room Tip: rooms facing out onto queen street have more sunlight coming in during the day
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Knights Inn Southington? Share your experiences!