“Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Southbury
NY
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We had an excellent overnight stay! Everything was clean, well kept and attractive. The staff were extremely friendly and polite and accommodating! Everything was taken care of with a smile and upmost professionalism. The breakfast buffet was good and plentiful and dinner at the arrowhead was DELICIOUS! Overall an excellent experience!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Zineb E, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Southbury, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for your nice review and for sharing with us how great of a stay you’ve had. I am very pleased to hear that our staff provided such wonderful service and that you enjoyed our restaurant. I agree that our chefs have been exceeding everyone’s expectations, creating delicious meals for our guests. We look forward to welcoming back to the Crowne Plaza Southbury when your travels bring you back to the area.

137 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Morrisville, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I've traveled to many states and countries over the last 15 years, and I have stayed at many hotels. Some barely meet my minimum requirements, and some are loaded with high end counters, designer rooms, and fancy gimmicks—but they are still just rooms—sterile rooms. The Crowne Plaza has something extra, it has a personality all of its own. I came to realize that this extra something is the staff. I've seen the same faces for years—it’s like being invited into a local Connecticut “surrogate” family. From the competent and delightful guest services manager, the friendly demeanor of the front desk staff, the genial maintenance and cleaning crew, to the cordial restaurant and the hotel manager. They will all stop and chat with you, and put a smile on your face; that makes the bed away from home, a home away from home. I am certainly looking forward to my next stay there this coming June.
As an extra note, and as an avid runner, there is a high school track (rubber) open to the public just behind the hotel. It is literally a 2 minute walk. Keep up the good work guys.
P.S. The beds and pillows are so comfy. It made me realize I need a new bed and pillow!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Daryl,
It was a pleasure having you stay here with us at the Crowne Plaza Southbury for the past few months. Your review put a smile on my face and am pretty certain that it will make all the staff happy knowing that they were able to make each one of your stays a memorable one. So thank you for your sweet comments and hope to see you sooner than expected.

Zineb El Alaoui, FOM
Toms River, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for the 2nd time, both stays were very nice. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, the hotel is clean and in a great location right off I-84. There was no refrigerator or microwave in the room, although they will provide you with a fridge if you request one. I knew from other reviewers to request a room not on the highway side, so my room was quiet and I had no problems. The rates were much higher this year than last year, so I wasn't too pleased about that.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side away from the highway are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Zineb E, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Southbury, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
We are very pleased to hear that your experience at the Crowne Plaza was so positive and we are glad you found our staff very friendly and accommodating. Our goal is to exceed our guests’ expectations and to gain their loyalty and I thank you for choosing us for the second time while in Southbury CT. We invite you to join us again when your travels bring you back to our area so we can wow you again as we did during your previous stays.

Front Office Manager
Sarasota, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Unfortunately, the hotel failed to control the wild partying going on all night from 3 different events taking place. The guests were underage, yelling between rooms and drunk. Rooms could use a good cleaning. Staff friendly and helpful but failed to provide results. TV reception and channel options poor, no movies.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is full of rooms that allow smoking
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience in our hotel. We regret to hear that you were not happy during your visit. We did indeed have a party that weekend however, there were managers on duty that night who made effective fast decisions to ensure the safety of our guests and to ensure that each one of our guests gets a good night sleep in our new comfortable beddings. The Police were called and arrived to the property in less than 5 min since their station is located one exit away from us, and they escorted the loud party out of our building making the atmosphere go back to the smooth quiet one.
I would like to apologize for any inconvenience not having on demand movies may have caused you. I know sometimes that could be a bonus for our travelers, but unfortunately we are in the process of switching providers at this moment. We will soon have plenty of channels to choose from and a better reception.
Again, my sincerest apologies for not being able to deliver the gracious service we are known for and hope to welcome you back in the nearest future.

Front Office Manager
Roswell, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Zineb and Jordan are hands down two of the best... Warm, friendly and personable are just a few words to describe them. always greeted with a smile! the hotel is fantastic and rooms are always clean inviting.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you so much for your sweet caring review. Comments such as yours put a smile on our faces and make us want to continually deliver more and go above and beyond to accommodate our guests. It was such a pleasure meeting you and having you stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza. We hope to see you soon.

Jordan A.
Guest Services Agent
Sharon, Vermont, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

The front desk staff was welcoming and hospitable. The room was clean and well appointed. My kids loved the pool and the pool hours were terrific. Overall this was a great experience. I have stayed in many hotels and I really appreciate great customer service. I would definitely stay again, no question.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Zineb E, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Southbury, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on our Tripadvisor page. We are very pleased to hear your experience at the Crowne Plaza Southbury was so positive. We are glad you and your family were able to enjoy the pool and that our Front Desk staff was generous and hospitable exceeding your customer service expectations.
Thank you again for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Schenectady, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have stayed at this Crowne Plaza ever since I started working in CT. From day one I have been treated like a king. I am always greeted when I walk in, and my paperwork is always ready immediately. The front desk manager, Zineb, is extremely efficient and accomodating and has trained her front desk personnel to be equally efficient.

While this Crowne Plaza is not as fancy as the ones in NYC and Boston, the personal attention I receive well makes up for the fanciness of the big city Crownes where the attention is mostly just businesslike.

I have eaten in this Crowne many times, the food is well portioned, the service is friendly and the bar is well stocked.

I believe, overall, the General Manager has trained his staff to be courteous, friendly and efficient. I couldn't ask to be trated better, even when compared to my own family. My thanks to everyone who works here.

Room Tip: All the rooms have new amazing pillows which, in my opinion, make for a very nice sleep.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Zineb E, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Southbury, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear RobertD297,

I thank you very much for electing to stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Southbury while in CT and I humbly appreciate your candid comments about our staff, our property and our services. Each one of our staff takes pride in their respective roles providing and maintaining the highest level of gracious service and I am very pleased to hear that we were successful delivering that personal attention in many levels.
The new pillows are indeed very comfortable and the new bedding gives the room and extra cozy atmosphere. Glad you got to try our Arrowhead restaurant and found it to be fantastic. Take a look at our new restaurant menu which has a vast variety of delicious items to choose from.
Again, thank you for your kind words and looking forward to welcoming you back to The Crowne Plaza Southbury since it is your home away from home.

Zineb El Alaoui,

Been to Crowne Plaza Southbury? Share your experiences!