“The employees make this property better than average.” 4 of 5 stars

Heritage Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   522 Heritage Rd, Southbury, CT 06488   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Southbury
San Antonio, Texas
“The employees make this property better than average.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

When I checked in I asked if there was a shop in the hotel for incidentals. There is not. Linda Rice, who worked for the hotel, was standing on my side of the check in. She asked the receptionist to call "?" and have him take me in the shuttle to Kmart. The shuttle was out for service. Linda asked what I needed and I told her one thing that cost $2. I explained it was not big deal. After 5:00, what I was needing was in my room.

Linda was kind as were the Albanian ladies who cleaned the rooms. Both were personal and taught me how to say good morning and thank you in Albanian. The front desk staff are professional, too. When eating in Shadrocks, ask for Amanda. We ate in this restaurant for 4 nights. The service can be ssllloooooowwwwww. Amanda was our server on Wednesday and we ask for her on Thursday.

The rooms have some inconsistencies. My room was small and the restroom room was as small as a confessional. A friend of mine's room on the side of the hotel that is past the fitness center was larger and had been updated. The hotel was built in the 1970's. You can look around and see areas of the property that are 40 years old. I was on the second floor and the third floor is really squeaks. A friend had a room on the third floor and when I walked to his room, the halls squeaked the whole way. MY advice, ask for a third floor room or on the side of the hotel where the exercise area is. The walls are really thin. While in my room I could hear phones and conversations from next door and across the hall. There are not "standard" refrigerators or safes.

Staying at The Heritage Hotel, Golf, Spa, and Conference Center's name sets a different expectation than the name creates. There is golf, spa, tennis courts, racquetball courts, pools, and a conference center, but it isn't what I had expected. Based on the name and the online photos I visioned a Four-Seasons type experience. It was not. This property needs to be painted and a modest overhaul in a lot of ways. With that said, as long as you know what your getting, don't be afraid to stay here.

Room Tip: Room on the third floor or on the health club side of the property.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Scott R, General Manager at Heritage Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff. We strive to offer exceptional personal service to every guest, and I’m glad we were able to provide that to you. Your comments regarding the hotel itself are welcome – we have some fantastic plans in the works for updating the property. Stay tuned!

Thanks again,

Scott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

This review is purely based on the room, as we did not have time to try any of the amenities due to a short overnight stay. I would give it a 3.5 rating if I could but rounded up. The room was large and clean. It was fairly quiet. The bathroom was a bit strange in that it appeared that the sink/mirror and toilet area had been recently renovated but the shower had clearly not. The fixtures in the shower were sorely in need of replacement in terms of appearance. This was overall a fairly reasonable (but not luxurious) place to stay at the last minute using a last-minute rate.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Scott R, General Manager at Heritage Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I’m glad your stay was comfortable and quiet. Please think of us the next time you’re in the area; perhaps you can try out our indoor and outdoor pools if you get to have a longer stay next time!

Glastonbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Such a lovely weekend. King room on the third floor was spacious with a beautiful view of the river and a flowering shad tree right outside our window. Large bathroom. Such a treat from the tiny bathrooms I am used to seeing. Very very clean, including the locker rooms and the indoor pool area. Took advantage of the indoor whirlpool and pool. Very relaxing. As you walk through the different parts of the hotel, there are beautifully appointed sitting areas throughout, some with fireplaces, and all with large exposed beams. Did not go to the restaurant on site, but took the package that included the breakfast buffet. The food was very good and the variety was pleasing. The staff were helpful and genuinely concerned about our comfort and happiness. Looking forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Scott R, General Manager at Heritage Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at the Heritage Hotel. I am glad you were able to enjoy the health club amenities and the cozy gathering areas we offer. We hope to see you again soon!

Rego Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

We needed a relaxing weekend away from New York and that is exactly what we got. We stayed at the Heritage Hotel for an overnight and got to enjoy a little bit of CT. Our King room was very clean and comfortable, location was convenient, and was a great value.

The hotel was a quick drive from the local vineyards and less than 10 minutes from beautiful hiking at Southford Falls State Park. There are several great restaurants nearby and stores within walking distance. All in all an outstanding experience. We would definitely recommend to others!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Scott R, General Manager at Heritage Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for your kind review of the Heritage Hotel, and I’m glad you were able to take advantage of all the area has to offer. Please think of us the next time you need a weekend away – maybe when our outdoor pool is open for the summer!

Woodbury, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I am an extended stay guest. Everyone is very helpful and the service has been excellent.

I enjoy room service as well as restaurant and the food is delicious. It is a nice resort atmosphere with many amenities and some pretty views outside. The room is spacious and comfortable and I love the large TV. I am grateful for the experience.

All staff have been helpful and I have had special help from Price, Betty, Camilla and Karen

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Scott R, General Manager at Heritage Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I’m glad you have enjoyed your stay with us and have had the chance to try out all we have to offer. Thank you as well for the kind words regarding the staff; your compliments will be passed on to them.

Scarborough, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Brought the kids for an overnight stay at this hotel and was thrilled with the beautiful views, the comfortable and spacious room, and the facilities. The heated pool and hot tub were fabulous and a big hit with the kids! We also found the breakfast buffet to be outstanding with a great selection and helpful wait staff. Would definitely consider this facility for business meetings, family weddings, or just for a night away with the kids, and will definitely be back! Didn't get a chance to use the Racquetball court or fitness room, but they looked awesome and would have been great for an adult weekend. Overall, the hotel had a very classy feel to it, and I would certainly consider booking future business conferences at this location.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Scott R, General Manager at Heritage Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for your kind words regarding the hotel and your stay with us. I’m glad you enjoyed the breakfast buffet and the pool. We hope to see you again soon, whether it’s for the summer outdoor pool season or the fantastic fall foliage!

Standish, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay! The hotel is lovely, with beautiful sitting areas, a very nice view from our room, an excellent breakfast, a great pool for the kids to swim in. We were even able to get adjoining rooms for extended family members. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. We would definitely recommend.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Heritage Hotel. I’m happy we were able to accommodate the needs of your extended family and that you enjoyed all we have to offer. Please think of us the next time you are in the area.

All the best, Scott

Been to Heritage Hotel? Share your experiences!