“Super Hosts, Great Room, Phenomenal Hospitality!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Old Mill Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Somers
Old Mill Inn
You added Old Mill Inn to your Saves list
63 Maple Street, Somers, CT 06071   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Somers B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Super Hosts, Great Room, Phenomenal Hospitality!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My daughter and I were going back to CT from our home in Maryland for one of her bridal showers. We found the Old Mill Inn by chance and called to see if they had a room available. We actually stayed at the Inn the end of Feb/beginning of March 2011. Fran was a joy to speak with, so we made our reservation and packed the SUV and headed north. We are originally from CT, so we knew exactly where the Inn was, since we had driven by it numerous times as a shortcut from our home to my best friend's home.
We got in late due to heavy traffic and Fran and Dennis met us at the door and helped us get some of our stuff in. I had some things that I still needed to do for the bridal shower, and since we had a few totes and bags full of craft supplies, etc. they graciously let us use the big table in the dining room to put them on and work from. It was a slower time of the year, so we were the only guests there.
We stayed in the CT Room, which was a wonderful and comfy room. It had a nice and comfortable king sized bed and plentiful storage for our clothes and luggage. The bathroom, is like a few doors down the hall from the room, and since we were the only guests, that wasn't a problem, but I don't know how I would feel about it, if the Inn was fulll and people could catch me in my robe "rolling down" to the bathroom. I am physically challenged, and all the guest rooms are on the second floor, so it was a bit of a challenge to get up and down the stairs with my walker. Dennis and Fran always offered to help me with my walker, which I gratefully appreciated!!
The breakfast each morning? MAGNIFIQUE!! These two sure know how to make a delicious breakfast, that will definitely keep you full until lunch, if not longer. We were really impressed with the selection, as we ended up staying for a week - we ended up seeing so many people at the bridal shower that we hadn't seen in ages, that we spent the week after the bridal shower going out to lunch or dinner, visiting at people's homes, etc. We had a ball.
Fran and Dennis were absolutely very understanding in allowing my daughter and I to "take over" their dining room table to work on numerous projects for the bridal shower.
We thought we were leaving on a Thursday morning, so we packed everything up and headed out to visit one last family member, before we hit the highway for our long drive back to Maryland. We ended up spending so much time at their house, that we decided to stay over another night. I made a quick call to Fran and she said, "C'mon back!!" So we stayed another night.
We totally enjoyed spending time talking with Dennis who loves and collects model airplanes and the like. He showed us numerous ones and you could tell that he took such great pride in his collection.
The best thing I can say about our stay, is that you feel like you are staying at a good friend's house, as Dennis and Fran take care of you and treat you as if you are a friend.....and you will definitely feel like one by the time you leave.
My daughter is now happily married and is an Army wife living in Kansas, so I will need to connive my husband to take some time off from work to drive me back home to CT, so that I can share my fond memories of the Old Mill Inn with him!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2007

Just returned from a 3 night stay. Great New England charm and a great value for $100.00. We stayed in the Connecticut Room. Very romantic. Room & bathroom very clean.

For breakfast, they asked if we had any specific dietary needs, which is a nice touch.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Old Mill Inn? Share your experiences!