“Great Burgers” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Avon CT
“Great Burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

When asked by our waiter if this was my first time at Plan B, I replied “yes” and without missing a beat he replied “why did you wait so long????” This was, of course, said by him in jest, but it was a legitimate question. I had heard many good things about their burgers and was eager to try the place, but had never made it there until just recently. While I have been a little under-whelmed with some of the areas more highly-touted burger establishments (here’s looking at you, Five Guys) this was certainly not the case at Plan B.

The place claims to specialize in “bourbon, beef beers and burgers.” Not a bad foursome of specialties. Skipping the beef and bourbon for this visit, I asked our waiter for an on tap recommendation of the lighter, crisper variety that was not a well known brand like Blue Moon. Happy to report I got just the thing—although I sadly forgot to jot down the name of the beer. Point is they have a huge variety of beers in all styles.

Dinner was a bacon cheeseburger and sweet potato fries. I was hoping for a side of coleslaw but alas that was not a menu option. Instead, I got cucumber and tomato salad. Everything was excellent—the burger was nice and juicy, the roll tasty and fries yummy. My tablemate enjoyed her salmon burger and side salad. Great service and the place exudes charm being in an old train station.

All in all, a really good meal. Looking forward to a return visit very soon!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

VA
“Great burger bar.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

I've been to Simsbury 4 times and each visit requires my Plan B fix. Great beer selection, huge burgers - and they cater to the non-beef eaters such as myself. Their icebox pickles are unique. I recommend the turkey with American & bacon with their mixed green salad. Delish! Better atmosphere upstairs by the bar; if its 'date night,' sit upstairs ('Family night' is better to sit downstairs). Cheers!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Granby, Connecticut
“Good burgers, too long of waits”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Burgers are tasty, variety is good, sides and fries and salads are well made. Good choice of kids meals. Wish they'd just have a better system to seat incoming patrons. Half the time there are empty tables downstairs and there are crowds upstairs going out the door.

Visited January 2013
Granville, Massachusetts
“Fun place with good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Went on a Thursday around 6pm and were seated right away, but by 6:30 there was a line of people waiting. My husband had a sirloin steak and he was very pleased. His sweet potato fries were cooked the way he likes them- a bit crispy. I had a burger 'on the grass' with 3 kinds of shrooms and bit was delish. Our server was very good and the Cosmo I had was the best I've had. $53 for two with 2 cocktails. Perhaps a bit pricey for a 'burger joint', but I don't mind paying for good stuff!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
West Simsbury, Connecticut
“Great service, terrible bartender tonight 1/8/2013”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Went to dinner at Plan B, which we have done many times and thoroughly enjoyed it. Tonight.. not so much. The bartender served martinis in a brandy snifter because they were "out of martini glasses". One martini was served in a plan glass. Absolutely horrible.

The food was great, the service was great.. but what were they thinking when they hired this bartender? Very disappointing.

• Visited January 2013