“Always a wonderful stay.” 4 of 5 stars

You added The Iron Horse Inn to your Saves list
The Iron Horse Inn
969 Hopmeadow Street, Rt. 10, Simsbury, CT 06070   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Simsbury B&B and Inns
“Always a wonderful stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011 via mobile

I have been staying at the Iron Horse for several years when I come to Simsbury to visit family. The rooms are clean, although sometimes they are a little on the shabby side. The owners and staff are vey accommodating and go out of their way to make my stay pleasant.
If you are looking for a 5 star luxury hotel, this isn't the place. But if you want a reasonably priced, clean, friendly place to stay, I thoroughly recommend the Iron Horse.

• Stayed November 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Round Hill, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

This inn has definitely seen better days. It's pretty shabby but the room was clean and we were glad to find a place we could bring our dog. The other place in town is extremely fancy and expensive.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Simsbury hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

I stayed one night after a wedding. The inn was dated but clean and reasonably priced. The Innkeeper was helpful and let us all check in late.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Williston, Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

We stayed here in August while we were in the area for a baby shower. They were very friendly on the phone and okayed us bringing our dog for an extra $25.00, which is fairly reasonable. When we arrived at 6pm we used a bell at a desk to call the owners. They came and checked us in and again were very nice. Put our stuff in the room and then went back to the home where the party was taking place. The room was definitely outdated but that alone was not a concern. As other reviewers mentioned, there are cracked tiles in bathroom and the sink did not drain well. THe big problem was the bed and the dirty sheets. I pulled the bedspread down and there were thousands of short black dog hairs all over the sheets and they had obviously not been laundered. The blanket was also disgusting and it was something I would only use to throw in the back of a pickup for moving furniture. At this point it was after midnight so I went down stairs and did not want to wake the owners as they had a found baby. So I went into the laundry room and found another set of sheets and changed the bed. It was very unpleasant and just creeped me out. I would never stay there again or ever recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Southport, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

Although the staff was nice enough, this place was totally gross. The place smelled moldy, the rooms were clean enough, but so old and natty, the beds were awful, the internet service was barely up, the pool closed, the cable was like 7 channels. I left as soon as I could and will not return.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

What a horrible hole in the wall! Absolutely disgusting, dirty and nasty! I was in Simsbury to see a band, and it was the only place I found. I stupidly did not check Trip Advisor, or else I would have never stayed there. All the negative reviews are true! There were nasty stains on the carpets, dirt on the walls, the picture frame was cracked, and about 1/2 of the light bulbs weren't even there! We even noticed the outlet was cracked when we went to plug in our cell phones - gee that's safe!!! Please don't consider staying here!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

Everytime I'm in the area I always stay at the Iron Horse Inn. The exceptional service at this establishment is unparalleled. Management was always willing to go out of their way to accomodate my needs. I can't say the same for other hotels.It's also in a a great location close to plenty of restaurants. The comforting atmosphere of the Iron Horse makes for a great stay. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

Been to The Iron Horse Inn? Share your experiences!