“Attractive” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Shelton
Maplewood, New Jersey
“Attractive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Attractive rooms and lobby, helpful staff. Only problem was a knock on the door at 9 am Sunday, by room service, checking if we were still there. Check out wasnt until 12. I would recommend the hotel- better than I expected in country Ct.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
SheltonHGIManager, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Shelton, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Oh boy! I know I sleep later than 9am on a Sunday- so sorry about the knock on your door. We do have Do Not Disturb signs available in every room in order to avoid that. it is very difficult to know who left, who didn't leave etc., so a DND sign makes it obvious to our team that you are sleeping in!

I feel your pain and appreciate you letting me know this happened. Thanks for all the compliments too- much appreciated!!!

John

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Dracut, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Staff, lobby, accommodations were fine. The little things like ice machines broken, no floor convenience vending machines, pool was closed first day, and laundry facility was only 1 machine for entire hotel. These things might keep us from coming back. when you are there for a softball tournament, these 'little' things make a BIG difference.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Robert:

Thanks so much for your review - I greatly appreciate your feedback! Did you know that the reason we had to close the pool was due to one of the softball kids throwing up in the pool? It had to be closed in order to clean it and bring the sanitation levels back up to par. The ice machines were also emptied most every day from everyone filling up their coolers. One of our machines did go down because of it, but we certainly would have been able to help you out from the kitchen ice machine! I definitely understand your disappointment with the fact that there were no vending machines on the floors. I believe you will start to see this become more of the norm for most hotels as we encourage folks to purchase from our pantry. The machines are left to outside vendors to fill and are not always up to par, so we keep fresh items, a wide variety of candy, snacks and a plethora of soft drinks available 24 hours right at the Front Desk!
I hope you will reconsider your thoughts and that you come back to the hotel for your next tournament. We can also recommend local Laundromats if you need to do a bulk of laundry or if the entire team needs to clean uniforms. One machine at the hotel is usually more than efficient for this size property, the volume the team probably had to do, may have made it difficult for everyone to do their wash.

Again, I appreciate your feedback!

Cincinnati, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

The Hilton in Shelton, CT was a great place to stay for my weekend in for my family reunion. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. They guest service for that weekend was wonderful. They rooms were cleaned and ready at check in. I spent time at the pool and it was a fun me and my three year old daughter.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I love to read reviews like yours! It was great having all of you here and I certainly appreciate you taking the time to write here on Trip Advisor!

Hope to see youall again soon!

plymouth, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We were staying at the Hilton Garden Inn at Shelton Conn. because my niece was getting married close by. The staff was more than attentive to all our needs and the needs of other family members. The rooms were very clean. We cant say enough about the upbeat employees from the reception desk to the breakfast staff. Everything was great!! Will not hesitate to stay at a Hilton Garden Inn again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

SheltonHGIManager, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Shelton, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Kevin:

I truly appreciate you recognizing my team as UPBEAT! We try our best and we certainly have fun entertaining every day.

Look forward to seeing you again soon!

Lincoln, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Nice hotel in a nice location. We were back from a long international flight and on our way back home, we stayed at this hotel. It is a nice hotel if you travel with family. Nice restaurants and shopping centers are within 2-3 miles.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review here on Trip Advisor! So glad to know you had a great experience. You are so right: our hotel is conveniently located off route 8, in close proximity to all kinds of restaurants, Walmart, Walgreens and more! It certainly was nice to read your compliments regarding my hotel, thanks for taking the time to write a review here!

Hope to see you again!

Shelton, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I appreciated the very friendly and helpful hotel staff. The lobby was very cozy and pleasant to hang out in, relax, and get some work done. Check-in was efficient; nice room, easy check-out. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I love to read reviews like yours! Thanks for taking the time to write here on Trip Advisor and for being so complimentary of my staff!

Hope to see you soon!

john
silver spring
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The a/c in the room was running loud. After we got home, we realized my daughter had left her handbag (money, id) in the room. I called the manager and left a message on his phone for a call back. he never returned my call. Perhaps it was not that important to him.
The hotel is located across the street from shopping center with good restaurants.

Room Tip: Avoid loud a/c in the room (sixth floor)