“Like family” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Shelton
New York City, New York
“Like family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

After over ten years of staying at the Hilton here, I always enjoy the welcome I get. Faces and names have changed but seasoned staff, like Cathy, who has been serving breakfast to my kids and I since 2001, always greets me with a hug, like visiting with a member of the family. Cathy has watched my kids grow from toddlers to teens, and she never forgets what's going on in their lives. I always look forward to seeing her when I am here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
SheltonHGIManager, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Shelton, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words! Cathy has been here for a number of years and certainly serves as a GREAT EXAMPLE to our team. The Executives at Hilton even realize what a true asset she is to our team as our service ranking among all Garden Inn's ranks among the top five percent! We are proud to have Cathy on our team and we all certainly look forward to seeing you again soon!

John

248 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

This is a newer (or renovated) Hilton Garden Inn. Rooms are spacious, beds are really comfortable. The whole hotel was clean and well laid out. I would recommend it for either business or personal travel. Good location with numerous food choices close by. Also, the staff was very friendly. Solid hotel!

• Stayed February 2013
Wantagh, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We stay here regularly because we visit our son and his family. It almost feels like second home because the staff is ALWAYS sincerely glad you are their guest and the rooms and lobby are immaculately clean. We always eat breakfast in the dining area and the entree is made to order with an immaculately clean buffet area for anything else you may desire. If you are in area, I strongly recommend this well run, professional "inn".

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms near the elevator, they tend to be noisier.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Queens, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel the weekend of 2/1 to visit my girlfriend. I booked it through Priceline by selecting 3 star hotels in the Trumbull/Shelton area. Since it was a weekend, I made my bid $50 and it was accepted by the Hilton.

Pros:
-Staff are very nice and helpful
-Rooms are clean
-Beds are very comfortable
-Pool seems to be decent (didn't swim)
-Free Wifi
-Very close to highway

Cons:
-Breakfast is $12. I didn't try it, but it did look better than the usual free hotel breakfast fare.
-Bathroom smelled of smoke. Staff was very receptive to this, however, and I commend them.
-Due to weird vent configuration, you can hear loud noises (sex) from other peoples rooms.

Overall, I was very impressed by this hotel, and at only $50/night through Priceline, it is an absolute steal.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Frisco, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Very cheerful staff no matter how the weather is outside. Tracy at front desk, John and Cathy's breakfast service. Efficient kitchen. Very good location. Good fitness room. Clean rooms though some rooms have noisy ac units which could use some maintenance.

• Stayed January 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was the official hotel for a wedding I attended in CT this past fall. Nice place, convenient to the wedding venue, and overall a good stay. The hotel staff was pleasant, and our room was clean and quiet. The hotel hosted a brunch for the wedding guests the following morning, and the server we had there was attentive and very friendly. Overall a good stay-- I'd recommend it if you're looking for a hotel in the area. Great value.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Portland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I am part of Hilton Honors through work, so we used that on our family trip. We were stopping for the night on a long drive from Maine to Philly. 4&6 year old get antsy on long trips.
We used the pool a couple of times, had a great breakfast. The cook made smiley faces on the pancakes for the kids.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Shelton? Share your experiences!