“A Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Shelton, Connecticut
“A Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Smiles and great service abound at the Residence Inn in Shelton, CT. When checking in you are met by a friendly smile and quick courteous service. Whether it is the GM, Lisa, Madeline, Sasha or whomever, you can't help but be impressed with the check-in process. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The free breakfast variety was excellent. They also offer free internet access. Overall it was a great experience.

John V

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor are just a little quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
JALPSSheltonCT, General Manager at Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear John V
As one of our most loyal patrons it is also A Great Experience for us each time you visit our hotel. We strive to achieve a 100% in our Overall Arrival Experience and we do hope that we exceed your expectations each and every time. All of the staff mentioned were thrilled and I do appreciate you recognizing their efforts at providing exceptional customer service.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Jillian Alps

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Goodview, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I have been working in the area since July 2012. I was staying at a local hotel in Trumbull and had several colleagues tell me about the Residence Inn in Shelton. I set up a meeting with Lisa, Financial Director. She was so helpful and accommodating. I wanted more than a hotel room so I made the move. I feel very much at home at the Residence Inn.

The staff is always friendly, helpful, professional and courteous. The grounds are well kept; the rooms are always clean and updated. The evening meals are a treat after working 12 hours a day.

I normally travel home to Va for the weekends, but recently I stayed for 3 weeks straight due to work. My boyfriend came up for a visit during this stay, which happened to be during the blizzard. Because of my work schedule, I have very little time to socialize. The winter storm gave me the opportunity to change that. I was blessed to be able to get to know the staff a little better.

I must say the entire staff went out of their way to accommodate the guests. The worked throughout the night keeping the sideways plowed, keeping an open pathway between the buildings and the office. Evita and others were on the phone constantly to get people in to clear the drive and parking area and to ensure the guests had everything they needed. They provided complimentary meals outside of the normally scheduled meals. Most of the staff stayed here 4 and 5 days straight without going home to take care of their own home and families.

Feels like home to me..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Karen S
I want to thank you for your wonderful feedback and recognition of the staff here at the Residence Inn, Shelton. They are amazing! All of our rooms were designed for the business traveler like you, in mind. Extended Stay hotels can only be done one way, Marriott has done it the right way. We love the fact that you enjoy our evening social Mon-Wed. It is pretty much a dinner for most of our guests and we want to ensure that our menu reflects that we do understand how hard our guests work. The rooms are kept clean and well maintained to ensure that you feel good when you come home and you can relax. The storm did set us back momentarily but the staff under Evita's direction rallied around to make sure all of our guests were taken care of and treated just like family.

We are glad to share our 'home with you'. Anything you need please let any of us know and we will assist you in any way we can.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We have stayed at your hotel a number of times. The staff is wonderful and very helpful . The only thing I didn't like was the breakfast wasn't that good. Eggs was cold and the coffee was to dark. But other than that, it was a wonderful stay. The rooms are always clean and neat.

• Stayed March 2013
JALPSSheltonCT, General Manager at Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Tholman251
Thank you so much for your continued patronage to the hotel. Breakfast is normally phenomenal as it consists of so many hot and cold items for all palette's. I will certainly investigate what happened on your recent stay that it would have changed so much to our normal fantastic service. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. Looking forward to hosting you in the area again soon.

PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I didn't plan to stay here. I was in town to visit my cousin. Upon arriving at her house we found that some racoons had gotten into her house and done some damage, so we had to stay at a hotel. I usually try to find a hotel with inside corridors, and this hotel has outside ones. But I was quite pleased with this hotel. Staff was very helpful and pleasant. Rooms clean. We enjoyed our stay here very much. Rates reasonable. Nice breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Moomduck1
I am so glad to hear that you were surprised at how amazing our hotel is. We don't like to keep it a secret so please share with friends and family along the way! The next time you visit your cousin, please stop in and we can give you a tour when the pool is open, the BBQ area is in full use, the Sports Court is shining and you can see really see what a gem this hotel is. Our regular guests love it and we are glad you did too!

Shelton, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Breakfast is wonderful Vicki really knows how to cook. She keeps the place really clean and is very helpful and polite. She is always smiling and clearly enjoys what she does.

Manibel is wonderful also and is very helpful and polite.

The room was big enough for me however, the door and the area around the door was very very cold. I was there on business and ended up staying for over 3 months. Problems with my key card was a headache, every few weeks I had to have it reset. Overall I would stay there again clean,safe, great breakfast and wonderful staff how could you go wrong.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
JALPSSheltonCT, General Manager at Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear DKessen
Vicky and Maribel were delighted with your comments. That was so very nice of you to mention just how wonderful they both are. Agreed - Vicky is our secret weapon to an amazing breakfast here at the hotel. With so much to offer, hot, cold and healthy options daily you wonder how she makes each day seem to taste better than the next! Maribel has been with us for over two years and really embraces the amazing customer service our management company, Island Hospitality and Marriott offer. It definitely seems to be working :) Please let us know if you will be traveling through the area again - we would love to keep on wowing you!

Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed almost 90 days from Sep 2012 to Feb 2013 on my 3 trips to my client at CT, USA.
Hotel is calm, peaceful, neat and safe. Staff are so friendly and will address all the issues with smiles. Kitchen is considerable full with the required utencils. Staff responded quickly for additional utencils whenever required. I was here during Sandy, Snow Storm after Sandy and Nemo winter Storm. Staff taken good care during these periods. It became my favoruite place in CT, USA. :- Bhaskara :)

Room Tip: Good choice is there for the type of room required.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Bhaskara
I am glad that you were able to survive all the storms :) It has been a roller coaster winter!! Thank you for recognizing our employees for going above and beyond during your last three months in CT. We are all glad Spring is around the corner. I wish that you were able to join us for the next three months when our outdoor pool is open. You will actually be able to see our fabulous sports court under all the snow and sit by the BBQ and Fire pit area with a glass of wine! Let us know if you are coming back through and we will make sure you get a room with a view of all these wonderful amenities!!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I travel out to Connecticut every other week and have found myself right at home at the Residence Inn Shelton. I like the 4 unit complex set up. It makes me feel like I am staying in a condo verses a hotel atomosphere. I like that fact that I can enter my unit without having to navigate through a hotel lobby. The staff is very courteous and friendly and know me by name. I wouldn't say anywhere else!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
JALPSSheltonCT, General Manager at Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Gina

It is always great to have you stay with us. Lisa did read your wonderful comments via email where one of the housekeeping staff noticed that you had pulled an extra blanket from upstairs on the recent cold nights and gave you an extra firelog. That was Rosa, just one of our amazing housekeeping attendants. Rosa had a big smile on her face when we congratulated her at our morning meeting in front of her co-workers. The hotel always strive to go above and beyond and with wonderful guests it is really such a pleasure!

If there is anything else we can do to assist you, please let us know!

Jillian Alps

Been to Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County? Share your experiences!