“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Shelton

You added HYATT house Shelton to your Saves list
HYATT house Shelton
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   830 Bridgeport Ave, Shelton, CT 06484 (Formerly Hotel Sierra Shelton)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Shelton
Connecticut
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

I loved this hotel, its probably one of the nicest hotels I been to in Connecticut. Came to this hotel last minute after leaving a nearby hotel in Shelton that was disgusting. This hotel was such a pleasant surprise. The room was very chic and modern. The bed was super comfortable. Loved having a full kitchen in the room. Breakfast was excellent with lots of variety. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Would recommend this hotel to anyone and would return again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
HSSheltonManager, General Manager at HYATT house Shelton, responded to this review, March 8, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the nice comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am so glad we were a pleasant surprise and you enjoyed the cleanliness and amenities offered.

Thank you for recommending to others and look forward to seeing you again.

Yolande Lacan, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

I stayed here for a week on business. The room was super nice, clean and very comfortable. I never saw housekeeping but when I returned every day it was obvious they had been there and did a great job. Front desk staff was great and very helpful. I needed to get an address after I had already checked out and the guy behind the desk didn't hesitate to look it up for me. He even called them to make sure it was the location I was looking for. If the other hotels in this small chain are like this one you can bet I'll stay in them when I'm in their areas.
The only downside was the breakfast buffet; it could have used a better selection but hey what do you want at no additional charge. The food was good and hot and the staff was extremely accomodating.
If you're looking for a great place to stay this hotel will not disappoint you!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Sierra while away on business. We appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments regarding your stay. I am very pleased to know the staff went beyond what you expected to assist you and housekeeping did an excellent job.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will stay the next time you are in the Shelton area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

Had to leave another hotel in the area, disaster. They booked us in and took care of us. Beautiful rooms, new, clean. We're coming back every year.

• Stayed December 2010
HSSheltonManager, General Manager at HYATT house Shelton, responded to this review, January 8, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so pleased we were able to take a bad situation you encountered at a another hotel and turn it around so you had a great stay in Shelton. Thank you for the nice comments and we look forward to hosting you again and again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

I stay here for a biz trip.everything is perfect.bed is extremely cozy&comfortable.nothing I can complaint about.

• Stayed December 2010
HSSheltonManager, General Manager at HYATT house Shelton, responded to this review, December 10, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,

We are so happy to read you had a fantastic stay! Thank you for the nice comments regarding the bed. Thank you for choosing Hotel Sierra and we hope to see you again soon!

Glen Ridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2010

From the moment I walked into the Hotel Sierra in Shelton, CT, I was delighted! The decor is fabulous, and I could easily imagine this hotel transplanted into any major city, even "fashionable" New York, without any renovations having to be made. The decorator should be complimented. The lobby is stylish, the staff helpful and friendly, the rooms, clean and extremely comfortable! Flat screen TV's, granite baths... Fridge, microwave, free wifi... What more could I ask for? This place is FANTASTIC!!

The beds are a trip to comfortland. We slept like a baby! Awakening to such a wonderful free breakfast complete with an omelet bar and delicious coffee was an added bonus!

We made use of the pool and the hot tub, and my only criticism is that they could both be a little warmer now that the weather has turned.

I highly recommend this hotel for any reason you may need to visit this area... I would go out of my way to stay at this hotel again, and thats saying a lot for me!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
HSSheltonManager, General Manager at HYATT house Shelton, responded to this review, December 6, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,

Wow! Thank you for posting such a fabulous review of Hotel Sierra. We are so happy to read that you found everything from the décor and amenities to the breakfast outstanding. Thank you for your comment regarding the temperature of the hot tub and pool. We will look into it and adjust accordingly. Thank you for recommending the hotel to others and we can't wait to see you again.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

We visited family in the area and stayed at the Hotel Sierra for 8 days in October. From start to finish it was an excellent experience. Prentim and all of the front desk staff were pleasant and helpful. Our room was spacious, comfortable and beautifully appointed. We stayed in the king studio which had a full kitchen, a sofa that was actually comfortable enough to sit on and watch tv, a very comfortable king bed and decent bath.

The kitchen has all the plates/cutlery you need to have a simple meal or snack in your room. With a Stop & Shop just a block away it's nice to have a few things in your room in case you're hungry.

There is a 42" flat screen TV that swivels so you can watch from the sofa or the bed. You get HBO and an assortment of standard cable stations.

The bed is great with nice linens - very comfy.

The shower has decent water pressure and good size towels.

There is a nice free breakfast each day with eggs, made to order omelets, and an assortment of breakfast items.

The fitness room has 3 treadmills, 2 elipticals and 1 bike as well as a universal free motion machine and dumbells. Therre is a pool and spa as well.

I highly recommend this hotel for any length of stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
HSSheltonManager, General Manager at HYATT house Shelton, responded to this review, October 24, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,

Wow! Thank you for the great review and compliments you posted regarding your recent stay at Hotel Sierra. We are so glad you had an excellent experience and the staff was pleasant and helpful. It is great that you were able to take advantage of the amenities offered and we hope too see you again!

boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

We stayed here as we were visiting friends in Trumbull. The hotel is very modern and seems brand new. Extremely clean. We stayed in the one bedroom suite. This was a very spacious suite and as we had a young child with us it was enough space for their to be playtime and space for my husband to work as needed. There is also a kitchen in the suite which made life so easy as we could feed our child when she was hungry and not have to wait in line for a restaurant. There is a full fridge, microwave and even a stovetop. also dishes and a dishwasher. The breakfast in the morning was excellent breakfast buffet with an omlette station. As my child and I are both celiacs, Pam who was running the breakfast buffet took special care of us by washing her hands and making sure that there was no cross contamination. The only thing I wish they had had was little boxes of cereal such as rice chex so that one morning we could have had cereal. (also as Pam seemed extremely busy, they might want to add someone else in the morning to help her). However they did have in their little store downstairs gluten free meals and some options which was really cool! In addition they had extra swim diapers and pretty much most of what you could think of except milk! But there are several stores near by. The pool area was our child's favorite as she loves to swim, it is a very nice space. Also extremly quiet I never heard another guest and as my child is a light sleeper that is a huge deal! we will be back!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
HSSheltonManager, General Manager at HYATT house Shelton, responded to this review, October 22, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,

We are so glad you and your family had an enjoyable stay at Hotel Sierra. It is great to read that the room was perfect for your husband to work and still have space for your child to play. I am pleased the staff was accommodating to your needs, especially at breakfast. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to you returning soon!

Yolande Lacan, General Manager

Been to HYATT house Shelton? Share your experiences!