You added Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   945 Bridgeport Ave., Shelton, CT 06484 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Shelton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Bed bug alert”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

this grounds of this property was clean and well kept. It's in an excellent location close to shops and restaurant but the inside is less than expected. When I entered the hallways the smell of smoke was very strong and detestable but what was worse was the bed bug that crawled out from the sheet. I bagged it and called management who did not seem surprised by my phone call.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies regarding the cleanliness issues in your room. Our goal is to ensure you are provided with a clean, comfortable room while you are our guest. Please be assured that cleanliness is of the utmost concern to us and feedback such as yours is taken very seriously. We will be taking all necessary actions to make sure your experience is not repeated. We ask that you please contact us directly to further discuss this matter at shl2@extendedstay.com. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Bridgeport, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2015

My boyfriend and I spent our 3 year anniversary here and it was perfect in every way possible. The staff and management were friendly and very helping and we will hopefully be spending our upcoming Valentine's Day here.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this review, January 26, 2015
Thank you for posting such a wonderful review for your most recent stay here at our hotel. I am glad to hear that you had a great three-year anniversary celebration at our hotel. It is so great to read that our staff was friendly and helpful. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2015

Simply the best place to relax after a fun filled afternoon of snow skiing with friends. All rooms has a kitchenette and a spacious living room
My son wished we extend our stay- as the name implies. staff are the friendliest ever I've met...more power. I highly recommend it.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this review, January 19, 2015
Thank you for writing a review about our hotel. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your spacious room and fully equipped kitchen.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2014

Very displeased with the noise by other visitors during the night also them allowing dogs to bark at night, somebody should monitoring the halls at night for disturbances i paid 95.00 fora night and was only able to get 4 hours of sleep,will not be my first choice of hotels on my next visit to Connecticut or any other state that they have a hotel.Overall not pleased with ways are conducted by the hotel policys.

• Stayed December 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this review, January 7, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It was disheartening to read about the noise issues you experienced during your stay. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of your guests and we are sorry that we failed at that mission. We will use your feedback as a coaching opportunity for our staff to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you again for your review. We do hope you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations in the future.
Satellite Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2014

Great hotels whenever I stayed in Virginia or Florida. Requested an early check-in time of 12 noon for Friday December 12 and couldn't be accommodated. Sucks after spending so much time at their hotels along the east coast. Oh well, maybe next year.

Carl

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Hancock, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2014

I am a contract engineer and stayed at this Extended Stay America hotel for 5 years. I worked a few miles from the facility and if I returned to the area would not hesitate to return. The hotel went through major renovations while I was there and the staff did everything to minimize the impact on guests. There were never any problems with noisy or impolite clientele. Rates did go up during my stay but were always the most competitive in the area. The hotel's proximity to shopping restaurants and major highways is excellent. As a regular guest you get to know everyone on the staff and they treat you as you'd expect a regular guest to be treated. Whether for a night or a long stay you simply can't get a better value in the Shelton area. I truly felt as if it was my second home. The hospitality business is not easy and finding a well run establishment like this one was a great experience; and I believe as someone who was there for 5 years I am in a unique position to make such a claim. Congratulations to the staff for maintaining such an inviting environment.

Room Tip: The third floor non smoking wing is always quite and usually contains long term and business travele...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this review, December 2, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. The team and I appreciate your wonderful remarks. We are so glad to read that we were able to provide you with such a great long term stay with us. It is so great to read that you received such excellent service from our staff, and that our location was so convenient for you. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future, should your travels bring you back this way.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2014

Great and comfortable you feel like home. If your smokers you get the same quality room as a non smoker. Great comfort of home away from home. They are right off the highway and Very helpful. We love our stay and will stay again.

• Stayed November 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this review, November 24, 2014
Thank you for your great review of our property. We are so pleased to hear that we provided you with a home away from home experience with us. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County? Share your experiences!