“Feels like home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County

You added Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   945 Bridgeport Ave., Shelton, CT 06484 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Shelton
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
“Feels like home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Excellent hospitality, especially Julpha. Very approachable and sweet. Everything were well explained. What you ask is what you get. You can always count on her. The room is very clean and well organized. Awesome place!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. As a Manager, nothing excites me more than when one of our team members impacts a guest's stay as much as Julpha did for you. I am very pleased that she was able to make your experience with us so great.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
india
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Excellent place to stay.I have stayed here for long period of time and I can tell you this is the best place to stay in shelton area. I feel very much at home here. Julpha and Katrina have always been great help. I have nothing but praise for them as well as others. The rooms are clean, the bed is super comfy, nice kitchenette.
All in All great value for your money.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about our hotel and staff. I am glad to read that you felt that our hotel was clean, comfortable, and a great value for you. I will be sure to share your kind comments with the team, especially Julpha and Katrina.

Shelton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Thank you for making me feel at home with friendly staff especially Julpa, they have done a great job and made me feel really welcomed! The room was very nice and clean. The bed was nice and comfy. My experience was terrific and recommend anyone needing a place to stay here.

• Stayed November 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the friendliness of our staff and the cleanliness of your room. It is always our goal to make our guests feel welcome and satisfied with our service and our product, so I am glad we achieved that during your stay.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us, and for recommending us to everyone who needs accommodation. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here while visiting family in the area. We booked in advance online and used a cashback website which gave us an even greater discount!

We were not disappointed. I have stayed at a variety of hotels and at Extended Stay, Shelton, you get good value for your money. My last visit in 2009 I remember the rooms and bathrooms being dated. This time they have completely updated everything so it was quite nice-felt more like 4*. The kitchen was great with fridge and microwave, cutlery etc.

Only complaint is the noise the fridge makes in the room-can be annoying perhaps if you have children in the place trying to sleep.

They provided everything in terms of washing up liquid and toiletries. Was nice to have a good hot shower. We also used the free wifi provided and did not have much problems with this-we even skyped people using it!

The hotel is not far from stop and shop-about a 7min walk. Plus if youre too lazy to cook you can order out and they provide an in room menu filled with local takeaway/delivery suppliers who deliver to your door!

Service was great at checkin desk, no complaints and they can hold luggage for you if you are leaving later.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the updates that were done at the hotel, including the new "Stay Your Way Rewards" that we offer to our loyal customers. It is good to know that you enjoyed the amenities that we offer such as the full-equipped kitchen and the free wifi. I would like to apologize for the noisy fridge - we will have our Maintenance Engineer check it.

Victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Excellent hotel, recently refurbished where everything is clean and well kept. Room is good, very comfortable bed and kitchenette and equipment is fine for shorter stays. The hotel receptionists on two book ins over a 7 day period of travelling through Connecticut were superb. friendly, helpful and interested in our travels. A hotel well worth staying at and excellent value.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Jon - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you found our rooms to be very accommodating and that our staff was very friendly. Thank you again for posting your review. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you our way.
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

The hotel is very nice, modern and beds comfortable. But I would advise any light sleepers to not stay in any of the front rooms facing Bridgeport Avenue. I could hear trucks, cars and traffic all night - sounded like the Daytona Speedway, so I had to use ear plugs during my 6 day stay. If you look at a map, you'll see that the hotel is about 1000 feet from the main highway, and less from the main road - closer than hotels further up Bridgeport avenue. Also being an Extended Stay where many people live for long periods, it wasn't uncommon to smell cooking at night, burnt food, and other unpleasant odors. That was a bit of a put off. On the plus side, the staff were impeccable - Julpha at the front desk is a pleasure to deal with and generally cares for her guests like they were members of her family. She offered to change our room and accomodate us in any way she could. Craig was also very nice. The hotel should be greatful they have such folks representing them.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back (away from front lobby) should be quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you find the hotel nice and the beds comfortable. Thank you as well for commending our wonderful staff, Julpha and Craig. They are indeed one of our hotel's best assets. I apologize if you had problem with the noise during your stay and have to sleep with earplugs on. For your next visit, we will make sure to put you in the room facing the back parking lot.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Shelton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I like how guess are allowed to cook their own meals.. Housekeeping were very good in cleaning rooms specially Rosa. I am also impressed by the way Julpha welcomes and accomodates the guess. She is very friendly. This place is close to a shopping store, restaurant and parks. Its worth staying here for business conferences or even tours.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for posting such a wonderful review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that the staff is taking good care of you - from Rosa in cleaning your room to Julpha in making sure you had a pleasant stay. We are always proud of our staff's excellent customer service! Also, I am glad that you enjoyed the fully equipped kitchen in your guest room.

Been to Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County? Share your experiences!