“Average accomodation” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County

You added Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   945 Bridgeport Ave., Shelton, CT 06484 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Shelton
Mexico
“Average accomodation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

This place was not selected by me but by the company I work for. I stayed here for just 5 nights during a business trip and it was not the best experience for me.
People at the front desk was always smily and nice, no complaints about that.
The room had a decent size. It has a small kitchenette, some basic stuff to prepare your meal and a little area to eat. Bed was ok and sheets of the bed where of low quality.
Shower was kind of broken so not a lot of pressure when you were taking a shower.
What I did not like was the paper-thin walls. I was able to hear everything from all directions, there was not a single night that I did not suddenly wake up: door slamming, or noise outside the window, there were shouts, everytime someone at a close room was in the shower or the bathroom, it sounded like it was inside my room. So for me it was not a nice place to rest and recover of a busy business day.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Shelton - Fairfield County. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I would like to take this opportunity to address the issue you described. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of the guest room hallways is an integral part in creating a "home away from home" experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I had the privilage of staying here for almost 18months while I worked at a hospital in New Haven. This place is awesome. It isn't the most glamorous or ritzy, but it is clean, quiet and has a staff that is in my experience hands down one of the finest that I have had the pleasure of working with and staying with. I worked nights so when it came to cleaning and things of the like, I was a little picky when it came to what time worked for me, or when I asked to switch rooms for personal reasons, they never batted an eye. All I had to do was ask if I could have my room cleaned at a certain time and they were more than willing to accommidate me within their limits. I would be greeted in the morning when I got back from work by the smiling face of whoever was behind the desk. They truly go out of their way to make their guests feel welcome and make them feel like they are much more than just another dollar to pad their bottom line. While they may not have all the amenities of a full service hotel, most of those you end up paying for and never using anyway. And on top of that, they have a deal with a local gym. All in all, you can't go wrong with them.

Room Tip: If you like a little bit of a view, choose either the west side or the south side. If one is availa...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Shelton - Fairfield County. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who, like you, sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Shelton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Very clean, very friendly and professional staff, very comfortable rooms and very pleasant property to stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Shelton - Fairfield County. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Milford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

Unable to find work in Southern California, I was recruited for a 1 to 2 year assignment in Stratford, Connecticut. I've lived all my life in the Los Angeles area and didn't know what to expect or if I'd be able to hack the New England area.

The Homestead Suites were ideal for me. It wasn't necessarily elegant like a high end hotel, but clean and tidy like I'd like my home to be. I stayed there almost 7 months. The staff became my family away from home.

While I was there, there were two unusual weather conditions: hurricane/tropical storm Irene, that cause flooding and power outages; and an unseasonably early Nor'easter that caused more than half of Connecticut to lose power. Neither caused problems at the Homestead.

There's no room service, but there are several places that deliver food. There's a nearby gym that has free admittance to people staying at the Homestead.

If I had a complaint, it was with the Internet. It may have been a problem with my computer, but the connection speed was pretty slow.

Room Tip: I like the corner rooms in the front of the building. There are smoking and non-smoking rooms.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Shelton - Fairfield County. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory.

I am eager to respond to your concerns regarding our WiFi access. Extended Stay Hotels strives to provide a stable, high-speed Internet connection at every hotel. Our networks are designed to support normal internet use, such as email, basic web-surfing, and VPN connections. Although our guests typically enjoy quick uploads and downloads, speeds are variable and can be affected by guest activity, such as streaming video and music content and online gaming. Be assured that your comments are very valuable to us as we work with our Internet providers to create a reliable online experience for all of our guests.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. I am sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Shelton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

One of the best. We've stayed here for a month. The staffs are all very accommodating seeing to it that we are comfortable and that we do not have any problems in the hotel and their amenities.Even the housekeeping staff are very courteous and sensitive with the needs of their customers. The front desk personnel are gracious especially Miss Julpha and Miss Karen. I will definitely recommend homestead to my friends.Thank you for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Shelton - Fairfield County. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Lake Worth, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

this is an excellent place. the rooms were clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, you can't beat the price for what we received.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Shelton - Fairfield County. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

The staff at Homestead of Shelton is exceptional. I was a long-term guest and I have absolute confidence that you will find your stay there both professionally handled and courteous. Any problems encountered were corrected expeditiously. I will definitely be staying with this hotel chain again in the future. A++ Rating

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Shelton - Fairfield County. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Been to Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County? Share your experiences!