“Will not be returning...” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Connecticut
“Will not be returning...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

We went here because we bought the Groupon they were offering. When we got there, we decided to wait for a table on the back deck, so we went to sit at the bar and grab a drink. I asked for a Pinot Grigio, and the bartender finshed pouring one bottle, opened another which was a different kind/brand, and filled my glass! Now, I dont know what you do behind the scenes, but if I'm watching you pour my drink, don't use two different brands/bottles right in front of me! Once we were seated, service was slow, and the food to come out was even slower. We definitely waited over an hour for our food. And, when we got it, it was not good! Mine came with no sauce and was missing 2 out of the 4 listed ingrediants on the menu (plate was $27), and my husband said his was not very good at all (fish tacos - $22).

The only nice thing about the place was the back deck by the river...

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Oxford, CT
“An early evening dinner experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

My wife and I took our daughter here for dinner earlier in the week as we had a Groupon voucher which was set to expire. Overall it's a nice place, as other reviewers have pointed out the restaurant has changed hands several times in recent years and is housed in what used to be a general store / corner shop. At 5.30pm the place was quiet, lots of space so choosing where to sit was no problem. My wife had the Very Berry Salad and then the Honey Muzard Grilled Salmon - she loved both . .. I had the Chop Salad and then a BYOB Burger. Very attentive server who answered our questions and double checked some of the ingredients in the dishes that my wife chose. We left around 7pm and it was starting to fill up.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sandy Hook, Connecticut
“Don't Bother”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

For some reason this location seems to change owners and names every few months. We always hope the new one is good because of the location. Unfortunately this one is just as poor as the ones before it...the setup is odd and claustrophobic for such a large building. Service is fair, food is just not very good. We went once, they seated is near the side door with a handy close-up view of the kitchen work area just a few feet away. We ended up eating back in the bar, waited a while for the food which was tasteless. Our first and last visit.

Visited November 2011
Sandy Hook, Connecticut
“Skip this place!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

The food was good, but small portions and the service was ok. I recently ate there with my sister and we thought we would try a few of the small plates. Small plate was an understatement. The 2 dishes we ordered with very small portions and not worth the $14 price tag. Our waitress didn't ask if we wanted another drink or dessert! She took it upon herself to give us the bill. When we asked for another drink she looked upset and walked away. Upon her return we got another bill! When she came back looking to see if we paid, we asked for the dessert menu and she was not happy with that! I'm in no rush to go back! There are plenty of other places in Sandy Hook, CT to eat! Go to Figs, just up the road!

Visited May 2012
Newtown, Connecticut
“Great Service and Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Gary, the owner, goes out of his way to make this a destination restaurant. GREAT food and GREAT service! You must try this restaurant if you live near Newtown, CT.

Visited May 2012