“Good, Fresh Ingredients Perfectly Prepared” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 68 Restaurants in Rocky Hill
Cuisines: Italian
Bangor, Maine
“Good, Fresh Ingredients Perfectly Prepared”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I "lucked into" this place on a recent road trip.
One of the best prepared AND presented Italian dinners I have had. My Rigatoni Di Mama came with a basket of bread (good Italian bread, some foccacio and some garlic bread), a delicious antipasto plus the only salad I had on this particular road trip with toomatoes that actually tasted like tomatoes! (And I recommend the house dressing.)
The waitress was friendly and helpful. The bar was busy, but this is clearly a family place. While I exceeded my normal budget for supper on the road, I was glad I did - well worth it.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Rocky Hill, Connecticut
“Great evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Took my mom here for her 84th birthday as it is one of her favorite restaurants. The waiter was friendly and had a great personality. He also had the skills to serve us well. The food was plentiful and delicious. I had gnocchi and had trouble finishing the portion...maybe because I filled up on the fresh bread. My wife's dish had 6 huge piece of boneless chicken and four were taken home to be enjoyed later. I suggest making reservations on weekend nights.

Visited April 2013
Southbury, Connecticut
“Great Italian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Was first introduced here after attending a funeral and have been going back ever since. The food is delicious and good portions.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
connecticut
“Be sure to try the table side flaming cheese wheel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

This is our third visit to De Novellis in the past few months. If you are looking for authentic Italian with great service and a lively atmosphere, this is the place! Our waiter, Dave, was friendly and attentive. The highlight of our meal was the table side flaming cheese wheel with pasta - Enzo, the owner, lights the wheel on fire, scrapes the cheese from the sides and adds pasta and sauce to create an amazing appetizer that can also be a meal. Entertaining and delicious! Enzo's wife, Deborah, circulates through the restaurant making sure her guests are happy. Looking forward to returning again soon!

Port Charlotte, Florida
“After a family funeral we all gathered here...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Food was buffet style as we were in 40+. At first it looked like typical Italian restaurant food but after the first taste you could tell it was lovingly prepared, served hot, and fresh. The service was great too and they seemed to handle us all in stride.

• Visited December 2012