“These people are always happy” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Glastonbury, Connecticut
“These people are always happy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

It boosts my spirits to eat here. Food and prices are great. Service is wonderful. Such fun to see everyone enjoying themselves.

The Villages, Florida
“Buena comida”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

The house salsa has just the right amount of heat and the chips are hot, fresh and crispy. You won't find bag chips or grease laden ones here.
Now on to the Firecracker Stuffed Jalapenos..six of the most delicious little tempura gems that ever popped into my mouth. You need to try these. If you have any leftover, take them along and re-heat them in a conventional oven the next day...YUMMY!
Hmmm....curiosity made us try the Avocado Fries. They were very good, but since they were coated with a pasilla chile rub, the side of creamy red chile sauce over-powered the taste of the avocado. Perhaps, next time we will request just a ranch dressing.
The Brisket Tacos were interesting, however, the brisket was a little dry. Since the flour tortillas are made to order, we always get a dish that includes them. The Brisket Tacos were just beef brisket in a BBQ sauce and a little grated cheese served on a flour tortilla...no shredded lettuce, tomato, onion- no veggie matter of any kind. That would have completed this entree. Their House Margarita is a great accompiant to the meal.
The server was pleasant enough, but the service was a little slow and we ordered back beans and were served re-fried beans. No big deal!
We will return...and I will post that visit.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Connecticut
“Review would've been better years ago”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

I'm afraid OTB has slipped big time. Used to go alot, especially in Avon, from 1995 til it closed (my son, maybe 11 or so, cried). Now we go to Rocky Hill, at least once a year with big family group to celebrate birthdays. I think we'll look for somewhere new. Portions have gotten slightly smaller, food arrives luke warm, some is bland or out of a jar. The fajitas are still good...how do you screw those up? And the steak part of my dish, but not the three-flavors-of-dip app, nor the side dishes. If you go, get the house margarita...it's much better than the more expensive ones.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sebastian, Florida
“Cold enchilada filling, best chile rejeno”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

When my dinner came out, I had to send it back as the cheese filling was still cold (it had never been melted). I will say hey have one of the best authentic chile rejeno's I've ever had. If you go on a Friday or Saturday night, be prepared for a wait.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow
“Great food, generous portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

We ate here in October 2011 during an overnighter at the Howard Johnson across the street. We just had the dips to start, accompanied with the free, bottomless tortilla chips. The dips were good, especially the black bean, and their house salsa was very good. The mains were even better. The menu is versatile enough that you can mix and match and that's what I did, having fajitas with pork and beef. The meat was perfect, and the accompaniments were all great. The fresh to order tortillas were fantastic. I'd dine here again.

• Visited October 2011