“Not a bad weekend stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Hartford South Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Hartford South Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Hartford South Hotel
3.5 of 5 Motel   |   100 Capital Boulevard, Rocky Hill, CT 06067 (Formerly Marriott Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Rocky Hill
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Not a bad weekend stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This Sheraton was in the process of renovating. Outside entrance was a mess of bricks and smashed tile in the road, but lobby was clean and nice, and the room was very nice. the bed was to die for! Very poofy!! Room service was fast and the food was good. Expensive, though. The restaurant was in a small conference room, I assume because of renovations, but that was not explained. I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for one not too far from the elevators - the hallways are very long and endless!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cesar F, Manager at Sheraton Hartford South Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for your patience as we going through this renovation, the end product will be second to none in the Hartford area, and we look forward to have you stay with us after renovation is completed.

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Peabody, Massachusetts, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

While the room was excellently clean and proper, the manager on duty the evening of November 2nd, 2012 was quite unprofessional. It was apparent that he did not understand the job of a hotel is to make their clientele comfortable and made to feel taken care of. An extra bed was needed and was not going to be provided had the manager had the last word. Luckily the maid service on duty was more than accommodating and took care of us.

A manager of any hotel, regardless of the price paid, is accountable for keeping all clients happy and satisfied. This particular manager was unwilling to look into solutions, nor was he pleasant to work with; instead choosing to act indifferent and unyielding.

A manager's job is not to be aggressive, inflexible nor unaccommodating. I, along with my large party of guests who travel to this area in Hartford, CT quite often, will not be choosing this hotel again simply because no one should have to put up with insincere management.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your detailed review of your november stay. I would like to apologize and personally express my disappointment, that we were not able to deliver the level of expectations during your stay. We take these online reviews very seriously and work hard to prevent any of these issues to ocurred again to you or any other of our guests at Sheraton Hartfford South.

If you would like to contact me directly please here is my information.

Cesar Fernandez
860-257-6000
Berlin, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed 3 nights here for business travel based on previous visit when this location was a Marriott. The hotel is undergoing renovations, which were not inconvenient for me. The hotel was clean. Restaurant was moved to somewhere and not well marked within the hotel, couldn't find it. Exercise room and pool are okay. Choice of TV channels wasn't that good, heavily weighted with sports channels. I didn't care for the pillows, which were too soft. Location is very convenient for Hartford. While satisfied with this visit, I'll stay elsewhere next time. Was better as a Marriott.

Of note on this visit were the additional fees/charged items...a little scary for any extra services. Coffee in the lobby was a pay kiosk. $5 service fee and 21% gratuity on the room service menu, expecially for breakfast. $6 for a small pot of coffee in the room? My company reviews travel expenses closely and I can't blow my travel budget with these extra fees. While I later found that I wasn't charged the room service fee, it was a deterrent to ordering for breakfast to the room which for me was a huge convenience on previous visits when this location was a Marriott. The result was Dunkin' Donuts visits down the street most mornings.

Note the $5 credit for skipping room service. It results in a scrap of paper under the door that you must present on checkout. It is easy to miss when checking out, which happened to me. They should automatically credit this to your bill. I'll learn next time not to bother, very inconvenient when travelling for business and you have a lot on your mind.

If my company gives me a choice next trip, I will look elsewhere. Too many hotels are offering for free or lower cost amenities that this Sheraton wants to charge additional for.

Room Tip: Get a room on the wings, away from the construction. Near a stair tower will allow you to park right...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Cesar F, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Hartford South Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is regrettable that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. One of the major purposes of online reviews is to highlight areas for improvement and your feedback provides our hotel with valuable information that we can review to improve on for the future. Thank you for your comments about your concern with some of our food and beverage items – we would like to be able to addressed this immediately, as we are ready to open the new restaurant and lounge at the Hotel.
Once again thank you for taking the time to review the Sheraton Hartford South

If you have any further questions or comments, please let me know.

Hotel Manager
ct
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The one great thing I could say about the Sheraton is the beds were very comfortable. However, the room I stayed un did not have heat, and it was a cold night. I was a bit upset, as it made it very difficult for us to sleep.

The other issue was the resturant was too pricey, I asked for my check after the coffee and juice, and decided to go else where. So, do not plan on eating breakfast there.

The staff was very friendly, and they did take 20% off the hotel bill due to the no heat. I do think they could have done better though.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for the staff positive comments, and we look forward to see you in the near future at Sheraton Hartford South

Oakland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

This used to be a Marriott, & it is under renovation. If you need to be in this location (I had a meeting close by) this is a good choice & good value. Easy on/off the highway & close to shopping. The first room I checked into on the first floor near the pool had a dreadful odor, like a combination between chlorine & sewer gas. There was no way I could sleep w/that smell. The front desk clerk was very nice & immediately offered me an upgraded & renovated room, which was very nice & no odor at all. He was also helpful about where to find dinner at that late hour (the restaurant was closed).

Room Tip: Stay away from the pool area.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank You for taking the time to provide us with the feedback about your stay with us. I want to apologize for the inconveniences you went through at our hotel. Checking into a room with an odor can leave a negative lasting impression that overshadows the rest of any trip. Rest assured that your comments have been passed onto the Hotel Management Staff to prevent similar occurrences from happening in the future. Thank you for the positive response on the front desk agent who with a quick response made your stay more comfortable.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed here for parents weekend. The hotel management was recently changed to Sheraton. The property is undergoing renovations and I think that it will be very nice when they are done. The rooms are a bit outdated but the bed was great. We stayed at the Club level but the lounge was closed on weekends. The servers at the restaurant during breakfast were nice but overwhelmed. The bartender at the lounge was excellent. Having said all of that, I would stay at this hotel again if I get the same rate.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Manager3806, Manager at Sheraton Hartford South Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments - it’s always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels. We recently have undergone an extensive renovation and we are glad to see that our efforts were worth it.

We look forward to your return after the works have been completed.

Thank you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Been staying and dining at this hotel for years along with having company events here. It's now a Sheraton Hotel and getting an overdue facelift. The same great staff are here which are like old friends to us. They are now pet friendly (for small pets) which we are delighted to see. Now our best friend, Annie the pug, can join us for a weekend away. They supply a very nice pet bed, bowls and mat. The best part is unlike other hotels that charge high fees for having your best friend with you, there is no extra fee at the Sheraton!
We are staying for our anniversary weekend are delighted to have a place with a comfortable room, great service, indoor heated pool/hot tub and excellent dining.
The room rates are a bargain. We've traveled extensively and to get a business class hotel club level room for under $130 a night is a bargain. A basic room was only $99! We've paid more than double that for the same elsewhere.
Make sure you visit the lobby bar and say hi to mike, he's the best bartender and a great guy!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton Hartford South Hotel? Share your experiences!