“Good Steak” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night
Waterbury, Connecticut
“Good Steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

My wife and I stopped in for lunch. The atmosphere is very cozy. They had two fireplaces going. The staff was very friendly. Our server Mike was very attentive a true professional. We both had the top sirloin which was very tender and tasty. The salad bar was very old school. We enjoyed our lunch.

Terri M, Owner at Dakota of Rocky Hill, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Nothing wrong with old school as long as it is fresh, plentiful and healthy! Thank you for the review FoodCritic5

Hartford, Connecticut
“Great place for special occassions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

When celebrating a birthday this is where we like to go. Great food and service but make sure you make a reservation. People love this place so it gets busy quickly.

Visited May 2013
Terri M, Owner at Dakota of Rocky Hill, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for the shout out!
Middletown, Connecticut
“I honestly don't know why anyone would come here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

When I hear Dakota's, I think of a certain clientele and now I know I'm right. I'm sorry but this is a place you come with a big family on a budget and not the place for any real foodies. I eat steaks at very nice restaurants and was hesitant to order a steak here so I decided to go with a burger. I thought that would be safe and the waitress sold me on the Kobe versus Bison burger and I was REALLY disappointed. I've had Kobe steak before but never in a burger and was told it would be juicier than a bison. The waitress explained that bison dries out quicker as you cook it more so I ordered Kobe cooked medium. The burger looked as terrible as it tasted when it arrived. It didn't help that my meal was the absolute last meal to arrive for my entire table (others were almost done with their meals when mine arrived and couldn't understand how a burger took so long). The burger was medium rare instead of medium which I didnt complain about but the roll was gross. It was like a flat pancake. The spinach and onion toppings were gross too. I then had to wait forever for ketchup to arrive. The rest of people loved my french fries and I was so turned off and ready to leave after I finally received everything I needed to eat my meal. I'll probably never come here again (at least voluntarily).

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Terri M, Owner at Dakota of Rocky Hill, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Hi jrtfoodie, I’m not sure what to say in response to your experience other than I’m sorry you feel that way. Your review fell directly above the one entitled “Kobe Beef is as good as you’ve heard.” We buy all choice beef, age for 6 weeks and cut all steaks in house and grind our meat fresh daily for our burgers. I have double-checked with all managers and unfortunately without you saying anything while dining with us, there is little we can do to rectify the situation after the fact. Again, I am sorry that your experience was so disappointing.
Danbury, Connecticut
“Kobe Beef Is as good as you've heard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Had the bacon cheeseburger. Absolutely, it is delicious. My only complaint was that it was ordered Medium and was cooked between Medium Well and Well. Despite this, it was by far the best burger of my life. Lunch of a lifetime. I will have to try a steak next time .

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Terri M, Owner at Dakota of Rocky Hill, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
That sounds like a great combination Levi. And, if we ever cook your meal to a temperature that doesn't work for you, just say the word and we will replace it. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others.
New York City, New York
“Nice lunch stop”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Food is good and prices reasonable. Burgers are excellent and the salad bar offers variety of items.

Visited January 2014