“What a let down” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Hartford South

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Hartford South to your Saves list
Super 8 Hartford South
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1499 Silas Deane Highway, Exit 24, I-91, Rocky Hill, CT 06067   |
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Rocky Hill
Northampton
“What a let down”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I've stayed in a few Super 8's and they have always been good. Not this one! It was more expensive than others on my trip, repairs to the bathroom were not good,no microwave, no fridge/freezer, and no Bible. (And Gideons give them for free). Eating breakfast in the entrance lobby while others were going in and out was not a good experience. When we got there, on the front door was a sticker saying Trip Advisor Excellence. Not in my book it wasn't.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
jefazio, General Manager at Super 8 Hartford South, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
**This review was already posted by the same guest about 5 weeks ago!!**. The guest violated many guidelines with his previous review, and made dishonest remarks about our hotel and questioned our honesty/integrity. I PROPMTLY HAD HIS REVIEW REMOVED FROM YOUR SITE IMMEDIATELY. Just today, I see that the same guest had the nerve to post almost the same review again, although he deleted a few of his dishonest remarks. I WANT THIS REVIEW REMOVED ASAP, as I'm sure it must violate guidelines, when the same guest posts negative reviews just so he can tarnish our image and jeopardize future business. This is NOT RIGHT, and his account with TripAdvisor should be revoked. This is detrimental to not only our location, but to the Super 8 Brand as a whole. Please check my history, and you will learn that this very same guest posted a review that TripAdvisor deleted because they understood my valid points.
Thank you for your time and consideration.

Justin Fazio (GM)

123 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Rocky Hill, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Last night 11-26-13 I stayed at Super 8 in Rocky Hill CT. Mind you I paid $100 for a motel. I requested that I wanted a smoking room. Front desk clerk Trevor informed me there wasnt any available. I asked him if it was ok to smoke in the room, He said yes. Working at a hotel myself we dont charge for smoking in rooms just damages that Have to be paid for. Knowing I wasnt suppose to smoke in the room I bought a freshner from the store, left the window open all night (it was pouring check weather bug), and left the housekeeper, Darlene a $15 tip. I left out of that place before checkout and around 11am 11-27-13 I got a message from my bank stating $58 was credited off of my card! Appalled and confused I called and was informed the charge was for smoking. No damages or drug paraphernalia was present in this room. Justin who claimed to be the owner of the franchise motel was rude and very disrespectful. I believe he didnt even know what my complaint was because he would not stop talking over me. I feel this could have easily been disputed if he would have just went over rules and regulations with his staff thoroughly and credit back my card. He extorted money from me without my permission and that in my book is theft. I will go on to contact Super 8 company and inform them of what kind of person they have representing their company. Will never stay or look in the direction of a Super 8 EVER again. Happy Thankgsgiving to me right..

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
jefazio, General Manager at Super 8 Hartford South, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
There are many problems with this review: Issue #1: the guest, Ms. Emanuel "clearly" smoked in her guestroom, as I personally came across the evidence. When I entered the room the following morning, it smelled of cigarette (and possibly pot) smoke, and additional evidence was present, as there was a can of "Smoke Eliminator Spray" right on the desk! I didn't say a word to my housekeeping staff, as I wanted them to see if they would smell the odor- they did, as my housekeeping Manager confirmed it. Issue #2: Ms. Emanuel WAS CLEARLY INFORMED UPON CHECKING IN (I confirmed with Trevor the next morning) THAT WE HAD NO SMOKING ROOMS AVAILABLE, and that she COULD NOT SMOKE in a non-smoking room. In addition, we post a sign in the room informing the guest that they're in a non-smoking room. Issue #3: what does raining outside have anything to do with complying to our no smoking policy? It simply begs the question whether Ms. Emanuel was too inconsiderate to go outside in the rain to smoke? Issue #4: We don't charge $100 per room (gives potential guests the impression that we're overpriced or price gouging). Issue #5: What does her place of work at another hotel have any bearing on our hotel smoking policy? Issue #6: Our registration clearly card states: If found smoking in a non-smoking room, you will be assessed a cleaning fee of $100. Ms. Emanuel signed the reg card. I only charged her $50 as I was trying to be fair under the circumstances. Please have this review removed immediately as I proved there are many dishonest, irrelevant, and misguided points in her review that can only damage our esteemed reputation and possibly hinder future business. Thank you for your time and consideration. Sincerely, Justin Fazio (GM)
West Hartford, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

While I did not personally stay there i made arrangements for a group of unknown size to do so. Justin, the General Manager was very helpful (so was the other Justin) and saved a group of rooms for us even though I was unsure of whether there would be 5 or 15 rooms needed. As it turned out 11 rooms were rented.

All of the people in our group were very compliementary about the hotel and their rooms which had been recently renovated. Several mentioned they were surprised at how nice the hotel was. They expected clean but that it was well beyond that.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Super 8 Hartford South? Share your experiences!