“Atrocious” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 14 Restaurants in Riverside
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Atrocious”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

On Thursday, after quite a long time of not ordering from Yangtze, I decided to place an order being that my past experience with this establishment was that it provided fresh, good tasting food. Four orders were placed at 11:30 using their online menu - sesame chicken (8.95), chicken wings w/chicken fried rice (7.45), ginger chicken and shrimp (11.95), and chicken broccoli (6.95). I repeated my orders to the male who took the phone call, asked for the prices for each of the items, and that is when I was told that their sesame chicken, contrary to the menu pricing shown on their website was not $8.95, but $10.95. I mentioned that they needed to update their menu to show correct prices. Male phone attendant seemed to just chuckle at this comment. So, placing my order, I was told my entire order would be $39.19 and told it would take about half an hour.

At around 12:20 p.m., the order arrived, I paid the driver the amount plus tip, then got down to distributing the food. All orders arrived, except for, what I believed was the ginger chicken. Calling Yangtze back, my co-worker explained to the same phone person that her food had not arrived, but apparently he said it was in a tin container. We looked at the container that I thought was chicken broccoli, and it turned out to be her item. So, it was at this moment, disappointed, that I realized that my chicken broccoli had not been delivered. In its stead, there was a tin container holding chicken wings w/pork fried rice. We get back on the phone to call this restaurant and all I could see was my colleague explaining to this person about the order not being delivered, he not taking responsibility, he getting a very nasty, her hand over her eyes, shaking her head at his tone, he raising his voice towards her, and wanting to charge for the chicken broccoli, even though we have long ago paid for all our foods to the driver. At this moment, I got on the phone, and informed the male that I was the one that placed the order, that I did not understand why he was giving my colleague a hard time, that I repeated my orders to him. He then stated "Well, are saying I made a mistake" in a very unprofessional, nasty demeanor. At this time, I was absolutely dumbfounded that someone running an establishment could speak to his customers in such a heated and disrespectful tone. This man went off to state that I ordered the chicken wings and fried rice, which I did, but I included that I ordered the chicken broccoli w/pork fried rice, too. And, when I originally placed this order, he mentioned it came w/an egg roll, thus I know he heard me order the chicken brocolli.

Continuing in his nasty tone, he asked what I wanted to be done. To have the chicken broccoli delivered? Upset, I reneged the delivery, for at this moment, I would be very suspicious that these people, in vengeance, would spit on my food. I told this man, equally upset now, that I would never order from his establishment again, and he just continued to scream into the phone.

What is rather bewildering is how nasty a person could turn within one half hour. And, our company even depended on this company to deliver our client meals for a year or so in the past. You would think they would be more grateful and less insulting. Never again will I patronize this establishment, nor will my colleagues.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

United States
“Solid Chinese Takeout”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This is our go-to Chinese take out/delivery restaurant. The food is reliably delicious - no complaints here!

Visited May 2013