“Comfortable, clean hotel. Noisy heating system.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Preston
Clermont, United States
“Comfortable, clean hotel. Noisy heating system.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

The hotel was very nice. The only drawback was the heating system that vibrated loudly at night. To fix the problem, I shut it off. This made it chilly in the morning requiring me to turn the unit back on to warm the room up. I really enjoyed the breakfast, especially the service which was friendly and fast. The front desk staff were all very friendly and made me feel welcome.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
East Providence, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Staff was nice, room was okay, personally I would never pay extra for a room with a hot tub ever again (it was dirty so we could not use it) and would liked to have been informed before walking into the room, that we were staying in a handicap room. Not that it is a big deal but was surprised no one told us.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Queens, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I just recently learned of this hotel as we were planning a group trip to the CT casinos. We were told it opened 14 months ago and is owned by a husband and wife who also already own the Grand Pequot Tower at Foxwoods. I was initially mistaken on its location and thought it was located further down rte 2 closer to the other non-casino hotels but boy was I wrong. This hotel is literally across the street from Foxwoods.

We were a group of 9 with 6 rooms. When we made the reservations, I was really surprised at how affordable the rates were (I don't want to say cheap because even though the price was significantly low, this hotel is FAR from cheap). When we called that afternoon to switch one room from a king to a double, they graciously fulfilled the request with no problem. When I checked in and asked for a ground floor room, they again graciously fulfilled my request with no problem.

The staff were all very courteous, professional, very helpful and the hotel itself is GORGEOUS and IMMACULATE. Pool, Jacuzzi, full bar, firepit outside, small conference/party room right off the lobby, and all of the other additional amenities just made this stay exceptional (ex.-microwave and fridge in rooms at no extra cost, Keurig coffee makers in every room). They have a shuttle that runs to Foxwoods every half hour and when the driver saw that our group of 9 obviously wouldn't fit in the already packed shuttle heading over there, he said "I'll be back in 10 minutes to get you guys" instead of making us wait for the next one or splitting our group up. The shuttle service was excellent. One word of advice regarding the shuttle-it only drops off and picks up at the official Foxwoods entrance. We asked if he could drop us at the MGM Grand but he said he wasn't allowed to. No biggie, I know this casino like the back of my hand and was able to lead my crew from the drop off point over to MGM Grand and then back again (albeit a few drinks later lol) to get to the pick up spot.

Final notes-awesome location, comfy beds, comfy pillows, controllable thermostat, plenty of towels provided, as well as 4 k-cups for the Keurig and coffeemate. Housekeeping didn't bang on my door which I've had happen to me one too many times

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to take a trip to Foxwoods (or Mohegan) but do not or can not pay the high prices over there. This is an excellent alternative, familiar name and a beautiful hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn after attending the Cher concert at Mohegan Sun Casino. Usually when coming to this area we stay at one of the hotels at Foxwoods. I am happy to say we have found a new favorite hotel. The staff at the front desk could not have been nicer. The overall appearance of the hotel was clean and fresh. Our room was very clean and comfortable. Our only one complaint is the noise from guests yelling, laughing and running in the hallway a good portion of the night, which made sleeping a little difficult. The morning buffet in the hotel's restaurant is well worth the 11.95 per person. Our waiter Justin was very helpful and went out of his way to make our breakfast pleasant. Thanks Hilton it was a great stay.!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

have stayed at this property previously and appreciate the convenience to the casinos. The property is nice, as are the staff. However, the quality of sleep can be deeply impacted by fellow guests. Most recent stay was miserable due to group of guests partying all night. Doors slamming, yelling, and carrying on well into the early morning. At one point i looked out through the peep hole and witnessed naked women running up and down the hallway. While some may scoff at my condemnation of such a thing, considering it was 3:00 a.m. and I had already been unable to sleep at all to that point, such a fortuitous happenstance was not appreciated.

Regrettably, i did not call to the front desk to report the unruly guests. My rationale was that when I had previously opened my door and asked for their consideration, I was greeted with hostility and derision. I had hoped that the noise they were making would be noticed and attended to. My fault I know, but I was not willing to put myself, or my wife, at risk.

Is hard to ding the hotel too much because it is a nice property, with reasonable prices, super close to the casino. At the same time, one would hope that they would put plans in place to ensure the considerate behavior of all guests.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Amherst
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Stayed here for a convention being held at Foxwoods/MGM at less than half the price of the casino hotel. It's fairly new, has a great bar and full breakfast. They offer a free shuttle to both Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun. It's a great place and for sure will save you some money to spend on dinner and gambling at the casinos. Highly recommended...

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Located across the street from Foxwoods, you can't beat the location. The fact that it is a fairly new property is a plus (not as "used"). Friendly staff, nice spacious rooms, well-appointed. The computer office for guests is a plus. The Precor equipment in the fitness center is another big plus. Perfect bargain option for those unwilling to spend 2-3 times as much to stay in Foxwoods.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area? Share your experiences!