“30th Anniversary” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Preston B&B and Inns
Plant City, Florida
“30th Anniversary”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 30th Anniversary Nov, 2013 and stayed in the Elizabeth room at Captain Grants. The owners Carol and Ted were wonderful, the breakfast every morning was delicious and the staff were very friendly and accommodating. It is in a great location if you are visiting the Casino's. We would definately go back and stay with them again we took home some of Carol's homemade jams and they were delicious. We would recommend Captain Grants if you are planning a trip to that area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Woburn, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

If you are visiting this area of CT, casinos, wineries, mystic.....you will be very pleased at this great B&B...rooms are nicely decorated, with complimentary cherry, not to mention the beer and wine in the 1st floor refrigerator. The service ..one word ...fantastic...they could not do enough for us. The breakfast...WOW..eggs, pancakes, hash, etc. we will be back for certain.
Oh yeah...Although it is Haunted, we did not see anything

Room Tip: We will be going back...for sure
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Methuen, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Came here to this lively bed and breakfast to be close to Foxwoods and Mohegan sun casinos on a two day trip.
It was my first time staying at any type of bed and breakfast so I was not sure what to expect
We was greeted by tom when we arrived and from then on everyone one was wonderful and the breakfasts was awsum
I will be returning here for sure when I come down to the area

• Stayed November 2013
Lawrence, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

had a wonderful 2 night stay here....... with wonderful owners ....and the staff very polite and helpfull, the breakfast food was awsum.. and always had snacks available.......
will defenitely return here to this lovely home when i am in the area......

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Felpham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic hosts, convivial atmosphere, wonderful breakfast, full of character. My only criticism of the Inn would be slightly musty smelling towels. However this is a very old property and its character, wonderful social breakfasts and location massively outweigh the criticism.

• Stayed October 2013
Derby, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Hello this is Cheryl Andros, I wanted to thank Ted and Carol for a trip I'll never forget. Ted and Carol are two of the nicest people I've ever met! To me they became like Family and we are going back . By no means is the Inn dirty and I am a clean fanatic! It's beautiful inside and out.

I can't wait to go back. God Bless you both Carol and Ted! and see you soon.Cheryl and Dave Andros. I know David wrote another review just as good but, I wanted to write one of my own.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Greentown, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We spent the weekend at Captains Grants and can’t wait to go back. The innkeepers, Ted and Carol made us feel right at home. Ted greeted us at our car when we arrived and got us settled. We met Carol a bit later and she was incredibly gracious. They recommended a wonderful place for us to have dinner and arranged for us to get a free dessert.

For the next three days we had fantastic breakfasts. Carol and Bob are intelligent people who kept interesting conversation going and made sure no one was left out. We ended up sitting around for several hours just talking every morning. Our room had a guide they made up with a wealth of information: places of interest, recommend restaurants, even the cheapest places to get gas. I grew up in Connecticut and had no idea there was so much to see in the area.

The 1700’s era B&B is beautifully restored. It was very clean and the rooms are lovely. Carol and Ted bent over backwards to make sure everyone was taken care of and happy. They made us feel like family, only better.

I cannot recommend Captain Grants enough. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: check out their website and the 360 tour
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Captain Grant's, 1754? Share your experiences!