“Not what it used to be” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Strawberry Park Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Preston
Strawberry Park Resort
Save Saved
You added Strawberry Park Resort to your Saves list
42 Pierce Road, Preston, CT 06365   |
North Easton, Massachusetts
“Not what it used to be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

We have been going here for years on weekends and week vacations and having a wonderful time. This past week with the new management needs help. Now the counselors running things are still friendly as are the office help. But the kids activities this week at least three did not start on time. One was even 20 minutes late. Now did they have enough help...did not look like it. The bathrooms not as clean as in years before. And security was none at best. We used to see the older gentlemen driving around on the golf carts taking notes on what was happening and keeping it running smoothly. Not this week. It seems like I only saw young adults all around working. Now the dog friendly part that they are promoting. Now don't get me wrong I am a dog lover. I just choose not to have a dog anymore. I saw at least three dog messes as we walked to the front of the park during the week that no one bothered to pick up. We also had a problem with a couple of dogs a few sites down from us. People did not keep there dogs on a leash. They just let them roam the site and when they had to go (the dogs) they just wandered off and did there thing on someones site. Like mine. We saw these dogs pee on our neighbors chairs twice when they were not at the site. They did complain but it seems nothing was done. and the dog did his mess on my site in the morning while we were cooking breakfast. My husband yelled and all the owners did was whistle for the dog. Never saw the guys face nor did he pick up the dogs mess or apologize. I do understand its the people who need to take care of the animals and pick up after them. But I believe its the management to make sure the dogs are tied up or leashed when walking. If you want to promote a pet friendly park. We still love the park itself. The area is very nice for campsites and rentals. And this has been the review of other seansoned campers from Strawberry park this week. Those have been coming for years have noticed differences that need to be addressed. I hope the new management reads the reviews and takes care of the problems. I would hate to have to find another campground that we love as much as this one. Yes we are going back because it still is a nice place to camp. I just hope they get their act together so all can enjoy what we have for years. The campsites are good size and have fire pits. Roads are good also. Wifi not worth it. It is a friendly place don't get me wrong it just needs to fix some things they have let go.

Room Tip: If you like it to be more quiet ask for the timbers. Up front close to the pools are where the most...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Franklin Square, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

My family and I take a trip every year to strawberry park and it never disappoints! This resort is a very family oriented place, with loads of activities for everyone! The staff is friendly and very attentive. They are strict with their rules but it is only to keep you an your family safe and guarantee everyone will have a fantastic stay. Restrooms and grounds are kept very clean. i would recommend going for one of their theme weekends, the halloween weekend is great.I plan on booking my next stay very soon and i can definitely say that i will continue to come every year.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Bunch of kids working. Not looking out for the safety of the guest it's Just a job. Kids running around none of the activities are organized anymore never on time. They added sites in the parking lot on gravel horrible place for them to
be around visitor parking. I believe this will be our last year here not worth the money anymore. Just because you have 3 pools doesn't mean its, a, resort. You cant offer 5 star with 1 star employees.

• Stayed August 2014
Danielson
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Have been coming here for 23 years, and it has gone down hill. The staff is all young kids and you get the expression it's just a job for them and do not like to interact with the children. Trying to ask a question they act like they don't want to be bothered. The creamery tried to close a couple times an hour early when there was a line of people waiting. The arcade is a joke they took a lot of games out and lot of the games left are out of service. What happened to the activities yes they still have a few but they took a lot of the children activities out including bike race, running races, limbo, bomb fire with band, they have the teens dance under the rec which was empty, bingo is empty most nights. They are gearing it more towards teens and adults. And they only give out ribbons for a few events and no adult ribbons. I have to say I'm not very pleased with the changes.

• Stayed July 2014
Bristol, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

My family went to Strawberry Park this last weekend. We had heard great things but unfortunately felt it did not live up to its hype.
3 pools so close together we felt like we were at a motel, and so crowded. Only 2 bathroom facilities, large, but not well maintained as far as cleanliness and smelled bad as soon as you walked by. Security staff almost non-existent, and at the gates you could just go through the open gate in your car. They give you a tag for your windshield but no one checked it or even looked after we arrived. Their creamery had run of the mill food, nothing special.
This was 4th of July weekend, and prime $$, $100/night with 2 dogs, 2 kids and full hookup
You had to purchase Wifi, but such poor reception it was not worth it at all. Camp store run of the mill. Many young adults working there, not very helpful attitudes. Activities had an egg toss contest, and the camp supplied the eggs, nice, but the next day they we still not picked up, shells and eggs all over the side of field, smelling and looking bad in the hot sun.

Now the positives: we did have a large shady site. Activities are their thing they do the best, every hour from the morning until late, bingo every day with large prizes on Sat. Ceramics were nice but the man only stayed for 2 hours. Their ice cream was very good and inexpensive. Their new pet friendly policy worked for us. If it hadn't been for that, we would not have gone.

All in all, very expensive. Could have gone to a hotel for that, I think we'll pass and go somewhere else next time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Islip, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Yes, Dave is gone, yes I miss him. But lets be honest, SP is still a wonderful place to go. TONS of activities, awesome bands and DJ's and just all around a great atmosphere. I highly recommend visiting, I know you won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Medford, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

The new staff was not terrible but the guy calling bingo was driving away people. new prize system for holloween was terrable most full timers did not even decorate, We spoke to many of the yearly site owners and they were very unhappy. it seems like the new owners have staff members writing reviews to boost up good reviews, They should send apoligy letters to all for changing things so bad with no heads up, they need to put controls back in place like stopping the golf cart racing going on. could go on all night but people will judge for themselves

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Strawberry Park Resort? Share your experiences!