“Five star quality without the five star price!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Plantsville

You added Econo Lodge Plantsville to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Plantsville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1845 Meriden-Waterbury Road, Plantsville, Southington, CT 06467   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Plantsville
Lincoln, New Hampshire
“Five star quality without the five star price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The perfect hotel whether it’s a weekend getaway with the girls or a family vacation in Ct. It has the five star qualities without the five star prices. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. The owner and his staff are fantastic. They’re very friendly, caring and approachable. Nothing beats southern hospitality but I can finally say I’ve found a place in the east coast that provides just that and much more! The staff goes above and beyond by attending your every need. They make you feel important and will resolve any issues that may occur immediately without hesitation. What more can I ask for? I like that the managers take reviews seriously. It’s great to see that they are willing to improve and make changes to better accommodate their guests in the future. Overall, I would highly recommend staying here where they treat their guest like family!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Brookfield, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

price was right...laundry room in lower floor very stinky and smokey,rooms over our must have been a living area as no one could find that many reasons to run around there hotel room,small room but ok,toilet had a wooden wedge under the front to level it.air conditioner was new that was nice,we were laying down and someone came knocking on the door said they were maintenance and were well on there way to coming in when we yelled they left but had we been out would have been in the room .we were not comfortable with that and were glad we didnt need to go out again.truck stop behind so lots of diesel fumes no opening windows here.the owners went out back and burned garbage beside the parking area,unusual .i wouldnt stay here alone.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sid P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Plantsville, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, I apologize for the problems you encountered at our hotel. Since being made aware of smoke smell downstairs we issued a warning to the culprits smoking in the hallways and it has been cleared up. We are in the process of renovating the last batch of rooms and the particular room you stayed in has been completed and now meets our standards of quality. We have also enacted new policy with our maintenance staff and have a fail safe check to ensure a mix up of that nature does not occur again. Thank you for your feedback and we will continue to work on improving our facilities to meet our core values; Safety and comfort at a great price.
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I gave this place a review back in January. They are still the best spot in the area. You just really feel at home and they don't hesitate to get you what you need. I love that I can bring my pet there. It's quiet, safe and my rooms have ALWAYS been clean. I have to say cleanliness is right at the top of my list. The staff is so pleasant. I love that they greet you as you walk toward them and don't wait until you are right in front of them. The other thing is they know so many guests by their first name and their preferences. Its family operated and they are all very kind. Location is great right off the highway, Gas is cheap next door.. Dunkin Donuts directly in front of the hotel. Even a movie theatre next door for like 7 dollars...If your are traveling 84 this summer and need a spot in the area to stop... You just found it

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Troy, VT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stay here when we have work to do on our rental home nearby. A couple years ago our stay here was terrible.We weren't going to stay here again but then when the time came to find a place to stay again we decided to try it one more time. We are so glad we did as the new owners are spectacular. They have made so many changes. Clean, quiet, friendly, convenient, and less expensive then most other less welcoming places.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stayed in the hotel for 4 nights earlier in April to attend our daughters dance performance. My husband and I travel frequently and were pleasantly surprised with the level of service we recieved for the price we paid...the accoomdations were nice, in a place like this the main thing we look for is clean..id say our expections were exceeded when the staff went above and beyond making sure me and my disabled husband's needs were meet..friendly staff, clean rooms and a very affordable..would recomend to anyone looking for a good nights rest with something a little extra.

Room Tip: If you don't smoke, go for the non smoking rooms on the lobby level for easier access into the b...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
new hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Just arrived home from a 3 night stay. Was hoping for better as the previous reviews made it sound great esp. considering the price.
I called several days ahead about a fridge for the room and the man on the phone was fantastic. Very friendly and polite. When I arrived the man at the front desk was polite and answered my questions about parking and such.
When I got to my room it looked clean and smelled nice. We unpacked and settled in before heading back out for dinner. As I was unpacking my 8 year child found a Gatorade bottle. (It was not ours.) I proceeded to look under bed and was quite disgusted to find alot of stuff under there. YUCK!
Okay I said. No biggie. I went to bathroom and discovered two towels, which were so thin I could see through them and a number of holes.
Again I said ok..it happens. As i proceeded to REALLY look around I noticed alot of dust, some one else's used soap in the upper corner of shower,and other such little things.
Since the previous reviews noted the cleanliness I have to say I found this quite disturbing. (I own a house cleaning business and know details count)
We left for dinner and returned that evening not sure if I wanted to stay or not. As a young woman traveling with her mother and child safety is an issue. The parking lot was well lit and I definitely felt safe.
As we settled in for the evening I noticed that there was no safety bolt on door. Just an empty place where one used to be. That again made me nervous, but we just propped a chair against it.
As my review says I got what I paid for. Not the worst hotel I have stayed in, but was really hopeful for more as the other reviews highlighted the cleanliness which I am picky about. (always travel with febreeze, Lysol, and disinfecting wipes.) Was safe, very quiet (esp. considering it is near highway and truck stop), and the staff was polite.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sid P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Plantsville, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
I’m concerned about the inconvenience you experienced with our hotel, and thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. First and foremost, we're going to each and ever single room, lifting the mattresses up and clean underneath. We've also schedule carpet cleaning of all rooms and public areas in late May. I've personally went through my laundry and discarded all worn and thin towels. We've added 100+ new towels to the linen inventory. I apologize for the missing saftey bolt lock we were in the middle of repainting the doors and our new locks experienced a delay in delivery. I want you to know that the concerns of our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. It will help us to avoid a similar situation in the future. We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to provide dependable service to each at a reasonable price. We hope you choose to stay with us again and can experience our renewed commitment to our guests in the ways that matter most, I can personally guarantee your visit will be an improvement as we continue to move forward using valuable feedback from guests like yourself to meet the needs of our customers.
Newark, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We were recently driving through CT and stayed here for 2 nights due to the weather. The location is just awesome with the next door truck stop having great food options. The new management from last year is making every attempt possible to satisfy guests. As the name as Economy Rooms - they win customers by delvering absolute value for money with clean-clean rooms and very very friendly customer service. (Since the property is a bit old there is some minor remodelling/repair during the day but didnt bother us at all) Onsite maintenance makes sure all rooms are upto speed, they were also people during the storm with the snow and even jump start cards.

Highly recommend it for people looking a good night sleep on a budget and no frills.

Room Tip: There some coupons at the CT Welcome Center!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Econo Lodge Plantsville? Share your experiences!