“A mixed experience” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   400 New Britain Ave, Jct of Crooked St & Rte 372, Plainville, CT 06062   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dixon, IL
“A mixed experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Upon entering the lobby, there was a slight mildew odor. It had been raining, but this was the first Fairfield we've encountered with this issue. We had requested a king room on the first floor, but were given one on the 2nd floor. Our check-in clerk was on auto-pilot with lots of people checking in. He asked us what brought us to the area and we answered "a funeral", to which didn't respond. He did tell us about the next morning's breakfast, but not about the nearby cookies & lemonaide, or the elevator's location way down the lobby hallway. After taking the elevator to the 2nd floor, the doors wouldn't open anymore than 2-3 inches. We pushed the emergency button and several seconds later, the doors opened completely. We walked downstairs & informed the desk clerk what had happened. His response: "Why that's never happened before." Our room was located at the end of the hallway next to the stairs & the nearby Interstate. While we didn't hear any stairwell noise, we did hear the outside traffic. The room was clean but among the smallest we've had at a Fairfield Inn because of the intruding stairwell. Our bed was comfortable. Wi-fi & HD TV worked fine. The next morning's breakfast was good with an attentive breakfast server. I'd give this a 3.5 rating.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room away from the Interstate.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Queens, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Stayed here a couple of nights with my wife and two kids (9 and 5). We used very few points to stay here, as Marriott considers it a category one. Given that, it was a tremendous deal. It's conveniently located right off I-84, it's very clean, the beds are super comfortable (and they're Queens, not tiny doubles like most hotels), and the free breakfast buffet was more than adequate (and was very well replenished by the staff, btw). The pool is tiny, but we only used it once for a quick dip. My kids didn't care...they were on vacation and in a pool...yay! This ain't the Four Seasons, but it exceeded our expectations.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Deepak N, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear guest,

We are glad to hear that as a Marriott, we were able to exceed your expectations in terms of service and the cleanliness of the facility. It is always our pleasure and honor to serve guests like yourself.

We look forward to your next stay with us, as we are making changes to our breakfast by starting to offer hot items like scrambled eggs, sausage patties/ links, home fries etc to our current offerings. We will also be having an Irish Pub that will be opening the first quarter of 2013 at the Hotel.

Burlington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Needed a one-night stopover on a business trip and this hotel is right off I-84, 10 min west of Hartford. I've been in many Fairfield Inns and this one was new, clean, and comfortable. It had all the new decor and fantastic beds. The AC was quiet and it had the fridge and microwave I had requested. I was greeted very warmly by the staff on check-in. Coffee was available all day in the lobby. I am planning on making this my standard stop-over hotel when in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words about our Hotel. It is comments like yours that motivate us to be better at what we do, and make us proud of serving our guests.

We look forward to your next stay with us as we are making changes to our breakfast by starting to offer hot items like scrambled eggs, sausage patties/ links, home fries etc to our current offerings. We will also be having an Irish Pub that will be opening the first quarter of 2013 at the Hotel.

Binghamton, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

This hotel was very nice, very clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. My only complaint is that I rented a room with two queen beds. There were two queen box springs, however, one of the mattresses was a double (room 107). I asked the clerk to have a manager contact me and they never did. The beds, even the full size, were the most comfortable I have ever slept on at a hotel and I would highly recommed this hotel and look forward to future stays.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words about our Hotel. Our sincere apologies if a member of management did not get back to you on the size of teh bed.

We will make it a point to look into it and rectify the issue

We look forward to your next stay at our hotel as we are making changes to our breakfast by starting to offer hot items like scrambled eggs, sausage patties/ links, home fries etc to our current offerings. We will also be having an Irish Pub that will be opening the first quarter of 2013 at the Hotel.

new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

My family and I stayed here this past Memorial Day weekend. I had requested a room on a high floor and thankfully received it. Hotel looks very new and clean. There is a VERY small pool and a hot tub that was out of order. Breakfast was waffles, bagels, coffee etc. Not a full breakfast like we get at the Residence Inn but it was sufficient. Our beds were very comfortable and the bathroom quite large and did not encounter any street noise.
As some of the other reviewers mentioned, there was a large group of sports teams at the hotel. They took over the entire lobby and the adults were going through cases of beer which to me seems inappropriate and ordered lots of pizzas. They were there for a good part of the night and were extremely loud but since we were on the 4th floor we did not hear them. Apparently this is also an issue with Marriott as they posted a sign that they are to clean up after themselves. We also heard from a couple of employees that when a large group comes in they tend to do this. At no time did we feel unsafe but there is a very minimal staff of about 2 who were very young. The morning we checked out there was no bill under the door which I've never encountered at a Marriott before. I went to the front desk to ask for one and the "girl" I asked seemed so bored and was unfriendly. I think I disturbed her facebook time. So not a bad placel. There are lots of restaurants in the area and Westfarms mall is about 10ms away. I would suggest to the manager that groups are not allowed to monopolize the common areas as it's not fair to the other guests who might want to just drink coffee or read etc.

Room Tip: High floor, away from elevators.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites, Plainville CT. We are glad to hear that you were pleased with the Hotel being clean and teh room being comfortable. I also want to apologize for the inconvenience that the group that stayed that weekend may have been to you. We will make it a point to maintain the decorum for the sake of our other guests. We hope you will stay with us again as we are making changes to our breakfast by starting to offer hot items like scrambled eggs, sausage patties/ links, home fries etc to our current offerings.

We will continue to strive to exceed the expectations of all of our guests and give them the Marriott experience each time

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Overall a good deal, but be warned that the hot tub is broken. They go the extra mile with extra add-ins for breakfast and Nancy who was working the area was on top if everything. She even asked if folks were done before breaking down the service. However, the next day it was busier and a different lady was working and she was not as good. They were even out of the Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches with none in the back at 8am. That had been one of the hooks for my hubby. The gym did not have a bike in it and everyone going to their rooms pass right by the glassed-in pool. The rooms were clean and beds super comfy. The couple of gas stations near there were closed pretty early in the evening. Overall, the Fairfield was better than a Hampden Inn and I was impressed that it outperformed the class it is in. I would stay there again, but I don't eat the breakfast sandwiches.

• Stayed May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a few words regarding your stay the Fairfield Inn & Suites, Plainville. we want to apologize for the Hot tub being out of order that day. We are happy to see that Nancy exceeded your expectations at Breakfast area. We hope you will stay with us again as we are making changes to our breakfast by starting to offer hot items like scrambled eggs, sausage patties/ links, home fries etc to our current offerings. We will also be having an Irish Pub that will be opening the first quarter of 2013 at the Hotel.

Thank you once again for your kind words, and we will continue to strive to exceed the expectations of all of our guests

Regards

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

When I walked in the front door, I was greeted with a warm welcome (including cookies) by Madeline, a front desk staff member who wowed me during my entire stay. She found a more discounted rate for me, put me on a higher floor as a female traveler, recommended a nearby restaurant, and even helped research a good place for me to run within close driving distance (unfortunately there are no sidewalks nearby and I'm not a treadmill runner, as they do have a nice gym). The hotel is only 2 years old! The guestrooms are nice, and the breakfast in the morning provides a nice start. Would definitely recommend to anyone!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our exceptional staff, Madeline. I am glad to hear that she made your stay enjoyable and productive at the same time.

We truly appreciate your kind words and look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Regards

Deepak Ninan

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!