“A decent NEW hotel close to places to hang out” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   400 New Britain Ave, Jct of Crooked St & Rte 372, Plainville, CT 06062   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Plainville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Jersey
“A decent NEW hotel close to places to hang out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

I had a hard time deciding where to stay near the Hospital of Central Connecticut. The hotels outside of Hartford looked "drab" and were a little on the expensive side. So, for proximity I decided on this hotel. And boy I am glad I did.

From the road this hotel looks hidden and it does face the highway. Ask for a room that faces the front. But inside the lobby felt roomy and the main eating/"hang out" area was spacious and clean. In fact the whole hotel felt new; from the lobby, to the hallways to the room.

My room was fine. Clean, average size, comfortable bed... As a business traveler I liked the free internet and free breakfast. It made the $149 a night a little bit more palitable. However I still think the cost is about $25 too high.

What I liked most about this hotel was its proximity to bars/restaurants. Within 5 minutes you are at 3-5 decent places to eat and drink. As a stranger to this area that is very important. I ended up going to J. Timothy's Taverne. Great location with lots of beers on tap. Also amazing wings.

When I am back in the area this will be my first choice of hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Deepak N, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Thank You so very much for taking the time to share your experiences and complimenting about your stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott, Plainville CT. We truly are a hidden gem. It is comments like yours that motivate us to be the finest hotel in the area. You touched upon everything we strive to deliver to each of our guests, from our friendly and knowledgable staff to our clean fresh rooms and our delicious breakfast. Please do suggest us to your family, friends and colleagues, as it is word of mouth that makes us succesful. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future, and please do let me know about your next stay so that I can personally meet with you and thank you for your patronage.

Regards

Fairfield Inn & Suites Plainville Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I stayed here while on business because my company put me here saying it was the closest hotel to the site I was visiting. If I had known ahead of time - I would have stayed at another hotel. This was the first hotel in a long time I have stayed at where I did not feel safe - and I travel quite a bit to NYC. First the hotel is not really clean - carpeting in the hallways was filthy, the carpeting in the elevator was even worse. Plus upon returning at night - the bathroom was never fully cleaned - I could tell. As for not feeling safe - let's just say there were some scary looking characters in the hotel parking lot when I returned one night. I have already alerted my company NOT to book anyone here ever again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Fairfieldplainville, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
Thank you very much for bringing your experience to our attention. I appreciate your taking the express your concerns so that we can address them specifically through training for the staff. I assure you that we are taking the appropriate steps to improve and upgrade our customer service. I trust that you will give us another opportunity to serve you should you visit Plainville again. I look forward to personally ensuring that your stay next time with us will exceed your expectations in every way. Thank You
Morristown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

Brand new hotel, huge room, excellent pool and whirlpool, clean, comfortable, inexpensive, nice employees.....what's not to like? The only downside is the location - right off the interstate, in a shopping area (malls, strip malls, and more malls). Not really a good location for walking around, but safe, and easy access to any store you might need.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. We never get tired of hearing our guests compliment us our on team. Yes, we are lucky that we not only have a great new hotel… but all members of our staff truly care about our guests… and it shows. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay. Don’t forget to tell your friends about your great experience with us. Word of mouth from repeat guests such as you makes us proud to be serving at Fairfield Inn & Suites!
southington,ct
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We usually stay here when we travel to CT, but this visit was not pleasant at all. The rooms near us must have had 20 people in each room, whether or not they were supposed to all be in those rooms,, I don't know. We tried to go to the pool, but it was overrun by all the guests (most of the ones in the rooms near us) and kids running all over the place, so we were never able to go in the pool at all. No one was supervising, and no one from the hotel even checked on the situation.They don't want to be involved when there's a problem, and it's mostly college aged kids at the front desk anyway. Another thing I wasn't too happy about was that when we had first arrived to check in, we waited at the front desk for 8 minutes, looking for someone, finally seeing a person cleaning the kitchen/dining area, and asked her if there was someone at the front desk. It was only THen that a guy came out. That worried me about security, since the desk was unattended for so long, and anyone can just walk into this hotel without being stopped. I wasn't impressed at all and will be looking for another hotel to stay during our next trip.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your stay. We take guest feedback very seriously. We pride ourselves on giving exemplary service. I’m sorry that the other guests staying at the Hotel affected your overall experience at the Hotel. We assure you that we will take necessary steps to ensure that groups are placed on a seperate florr if need be, so that our other guests are not in any way affected. We will also take appropriate steps to improve and upgrade our customer service. I trust that you will give us another opportunity to serve you should you visit Plainville again. Thank you.
Southern New England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. We stayed here for a night when we were going to Lake Compounce. It was less than 15 minutes from the park. There were several restaurants and other stores within a couple of miles in either direction. The hotel was clean and the people were super friendly. The breakfast had a better variety than most hotels in this category. The pool was quite small, but clean, and the hot tub was great. Every staff member we came into contact with was very friendly and helpful. This is definitely one of the best hotels in this category that we have stayed in.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. We never get tired of hearing our guests compliment us our on team. Yes, we are lucky that we not only have a great new hotel… but all members of our staff truly care about our guests… and it shows. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay. Don’t forget to tell your friends about your great experience with us. Word of mouth from guests such as yourself makes us proud to be serving at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

Super friendly and helpful staff, really clean rooms and public space, new hotel with comfy beds, nice indoor pool...I would have given it a 5 star rating but the breakfast was just OK with choices.
Great location for an overnight stop, it's surrounded by trees and no traffic noise so it's restful and there are restaurants around the corner

• Stayed August 2011
Thank You so much for taking the time to compliment our Hotel. It is compliments like these that encourage and motiviate the staff to go above and beyond. I am sorry to hear that you only found the Breakfast to be OK. We will look into offering more items in our complimentary breakfast. We look forward to serving you again and please do remember to recommend us to your friends and family,

Philly
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Nice large rooms. Very comfortable soft beds. Huge marble bathroom. After staying at the shore in cramped quarters, crawling over each other for a week, my two kids were like "Woohoo -Dad you scored!" This hotel is a perfect overnight stop from Phila to Boston right off of Rte 84. Nice clean pool (though small) and hottub. Beatiful marble all over the place and very clean. Free breakfast area was above average (though unlike other reviewers I wasnt found of the over strong coffee [4 creams in a 8 ounce cup and its STILL dark brown!]) Nice flat screen TV, free internet ... what else do you need? - 2 queen beds for $104. A no brainer.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank You for your kind words that are the fuel for our staff. We srive on compliments like yours. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are also happy to hear that the price and the cleanliness exceeded your expectations We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future and we also look forward to exceeding your expectations again.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!