“Better than I expected.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Plainfield

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Plainfield to your Saves list
Quality Inn Plainfield
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Lathrop Rd, Plainfield, CT 06374 (Formerly Plainfield Yankee)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Plainfield
Townsend,MA
“Better than I expected.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

I recently had the pleasure of staying at this hotel and was pleasantly surprised. Not only was the hotel clean and inexpensive the staff were extremely pleasant and took pride in their jobs. I made reservations there to stay ahead of snow storm we were expecting in MA and ended up getting more snow in CT. I joked with the owner and said I must have brought the storm. The employees all took pride in their jobs and the manager was attentive to all the guests. The room was spotless clean, and the bed was so very comfortable. The breakfast dining area was also extremely clean and had a good choice of items. The price was amazing especially being that close to both casinos in the area. I will be making a return trip to this hotel for sure. Anita Collins

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Newyork, Albany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2009

When I travel, I usually stick to HILTON. But when I was looking for a hotel close to Mohegan (This hotel was about 15 to 20 minutes away), I figured I should try this out. At $70 a night the price was right! I was very impressed! The rooms were very clean, spacious, quiet, and private. it felt like we were completely alone. I couldn't tell the difference between most Hilton I've stayed in and this economical hotel. Even the breakfast in the morning was tasty with a wide selection. It was a pleasure to stay here and I now recommend this to everyone who heads to the casino. It turned into a wonderfully

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Lasagnejoe
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

Mike, the manager, accomodating and friendly. Unfortunately,he is not on duty 24/7. We stayed for four nights. The Sunday stay was much below par. When I went down for breakfast (8 AM) there was no yoghurt or sausage gravy. The clerk on duty was sitting at the desk using the computer. I asked him to refill the sausage gravy, which he did. Although standing right next to the open waffle maker with half a waffle stuck in it, he did nothing to address the situation, nor did he refill the yoghurt. Nevertheless, I decided to have a sausage biscuit, that is, until I tried to cut a biscuit in half. It was stale and so hard you could knock on the counter with it. We decided to go next door to Dunkin Donuts.

We went out sightseeing and returned to our room after 4 PM only to find that neither of our key cards worked any longer. My wife went to the desk to get replacement cards. About this time housekeeping rolled their cart down the the aisle and apologized that they had not gotten to our room yet (at 4:15). Since all the other doors were open, it was obvious that they had been occupied cleaning rooms where the last night's guests had checked out.

Travelers are raving about these Plainfield hotels

ct
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

Overall the hotel was very nice. However I got the impression that there was a family living in the hotel and cooking was going on in one of the rooms. It smelled like the inside of an apartment building in NYC. With different apartments cooking whatever.
Breakfast was very sparce or limited. Very different since they changed from a Best Western to a Quality Inn.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2007

I stayed at the BW Plainfield Yankee Inn during my recent 2-day trip to Plainfield. My experience was great, I have no complaints. The staff was friendly, the hotel clean and quiet. The room came with a coffeemaker and coffee packets, hair dryer, alarm clock, and ironing board, so nice amenities there. The TV had a large cable selection for those who like to watch TV, although I'm not a big TV fan myself. ;) I was surprised by the free breakfast - they actually have make-it-yourself waffles with syrup, which was cool, and an assortment of cereals, along with fruit, bagels, English muffins, decaf/regular coffee and teas, fruit juice, (orange, apple and cranberry) and small pastries, with jellies, margarine and butter, half and half and milk, so lots of choices and options. ;) It was a nice little spread considering it was free. I didn't have a chance to try their restaurant. The lobby has a large assortment of area attraction brochures. For those who are so inclined there's the outdoor pool and a fitness center. It's right off the highway, so it's convenient, with a Wendy's, McDonald's, CVS drug store, Shell gas station, Big Y grocery store, a Chinese restaurant, Dunkin Donuts, and other businesses right there within very short walking distance. And the rates were definitely reasonable.

• Stayed August 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
kkchief023, AGM at Quality Inn Plainfield, responded to this review, July 31, 2008
Thank you for staying with us. Since your visit, we have made many improvements at our hotel. We look foward to seeing you next time you are in the area and thank you for staying with us!

AGM Plainfield Yankee Inn
Thornton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2007

So I thought this hotel on our 2 week vacation would probably be the worst one only because it was so inexpensive and not close to the town we really wanted to stay in which was Mystic and EVRYTHING was sold out or very expensive there. Boy was I WRONG!!! This hotel was actually one of the better hotels we stayed at on our trip. The girl at the front desk was so nice and helpful she told us a GREAT place to eat which was called the paradise. YUMMY!!! One of the best that we ate at on our trip! The room was huge and had a microwave and fridge we had just stayed in New York and had a TINY place so this was like heaven!! It even had a full size sofa in the room and a coffee table in front of the sofa. We had a king room so I don't know if the others are different?! I would definatley recommend staying here and would definatley stay here in the future. It really wasn't that far from any of the towns including Mystic. Also had a nice breakfast in the morning.

• Liked — Size of the room and cost
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2006

What a pleasant surprise! Three couples went to CT for the weekend . The prices to stay at the casinos were out of sight(300!) so we took a chance and stayed at the Best Western. For only 99.00 we all had very nice rooms with two double beds, very clean, nice bathroom. coffee maker in the room, very quiet, and best of all- a free breakfast buffet in the morning. That was fantastic, cereal, bages, waffles, juice etc.
This is only 2 exits from Foxwoods and around 15 minutes from Mohegan Sun. I would recommend this to anyone, esp if you have concert tickets with no place to stay.

• Liked — Frre breakfast buffet
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Quality Inn Plainfield? Share your experiences!