“Dated decor but clean, with exceptional service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Plainfield

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Plainfield to your Saves list
Quality Inn Plainfield
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Lathrop Rd, Plainfield, CT 06374 (Formerly Plainfield Yankee)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Plainfield
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Dated decor but clean, with exceptional service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I got a great rate at this hotel but wasn't sure what to expect based on the other reviews. The decor is definitely dated and the bathrooms in particular could use some updating, but everything was clean and the beds were very comfortable. What really impressed me was the friendly service. I had to fill out a very long (10 pages) questionnaire for an outside appointment the following morning, and had been told I could do it "on-line" and was looking forward to using my laptop and the free intenet at the hotel. After a late check-in, I realized that by "on-line" they had meant "print out and fill in by hand". Well, I don't know about you but I don't travel with a printer, so I went to the front desk in a panic, prepared to pay dearly for each page of the print-out as I had no choice. I was delighted and surprised when the manager invited me to sit at his desk, use his computer to find the link on-line and go ahead and print out anything I needed, no charge.

I was very impressed with the friendliness of all the staff (stayed here 3 nights). If they would update the building it would be a great hotel - but at the right rate I was prepared to overlook the terracotta wall paper, gold bedspreads, and old bathroom.

The level of service was unexpected and a huge bonus.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stayed here on the way to a friends wedding. we booked on-line for 2 queen beds non-smoking room, we checked in late and were given 2 queen in a smoking room. when we walking into the lobby, the front desk clerk was sitting there with his feet up like he was lounging at home and there was a musty odor in the air throughout the lobby. this was not the stay i expected.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Plainfield hotels

Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Our family had a wedding in CT this past week and the majority of us stayed here. When we arrived, the hotel smelled awful as soon as you walked into the lobby. Additionally, there was no air conditioning on in the lobby or hallways which made it uncomfortably hot, and the smell even worse. One of the main reasons we chose this hotel was due to the outdoor pool to keep the kids in our family occupied. Unfortunately, the pool was closed indefinitely which made us very upset because we were never notified. Then once in our room, in order to sign on to the free wifi internet, you had to answer questions about your political affliation, how you felt about immigration, and other innapropriate questions. One of our rooms was a smelly smoking room which was NOT requested, and the front desk hassled us when we asked to switch it. In the bathroom in our room, there were what appeared to be soda stains all over the wall near the trashcan which were never cleaned off. For breakfast, yes, there is a decent select of food from waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, cereal, yogurt and so on, however, they had one person taking care of the breakfast, so most of the food and coffee was out the majority of the time we attempted to eat because they didn't plan for the large crowd staying at the hotel. To make matters worse, there was seating for approximately a dozen people, when most of the mornings there were twice that many people looking to sit down and eat. One morning we sat outside at a rotting picnic table with a huge, disgusting ashtray in order to eat breakfast.

When I approached the man at the front desk for a discount due to the pool being closed and all of our issues, he told me we were already getting a great rate (over $90/night), and he didn't have the authority to give us a discount anyway. After pressing him two days in a row, they finally agreed to do "something" for us. Not until we got home did we see they gave us a $10.00 credit for our multinight stay. That was not even close to what I wanted, but I was surprised they did at least do that.

Upon returning home, we realized we left a cell phone charger in the room. My wife called and asked if they would mail it to us. After going around and around with the guy at the front desk, the hotel offered us to come pick it up. Well, we live 4-5 hours away so we won't be getting the charger back.

I would NEVER stay here again. Conversely, after checking out of the Quality Inn, we drove to Mystic CT and stayed at the Howard Johnson which was much cheaper, cleaner, friendlier, in walking distance to attractions, and had a great indoor pool.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Stayed here June 18, 2012 while traveling to Maine. I was concerned after reading some other reviews, but I'm glad I ignored them. Our room was clean, beds comfortable, and bathroom clean. Check in was easy, and young lady at front desk was very helpful in finding a restaurant close by. There were waffles and breakfast sausage on the breakfast bar. That's always a plus! You know how at some motels you don't want to walk barefooted on the carpet. This place was not like that. We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 124
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

The owners were very nice but there was an odor when you first walked in that smelled like a mixture of bug spray and herbs burning. The windows were filthy and the bathrooms were dirty. towels were faded . We almost left in the middle of the night we were itchy all night and could not wait to get out of there.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Lincoln, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

First impression - questionable - drove into the parking lot - it was very unkept - broken light fixture on the ground - lobby aceptable - hotel room - did not appear clean - bathroom floor was filty - towels very dingy - one step up (at best) was camping

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Somerset, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

I stayed in this Quality Inn in July of 2011. This is a very nice hotel. This hotel is conveniently located right off of I-395. I really liked the design of the lobby, and the rooms were very nice and clean as well. The hotel's staff was also very friendly, and they were able to help us out with everything that we needed. Some of the rooms have a refrigerator, but all of the rooms have Wi-Fi connectivity. This hotel offers a free continental breakfast with plenty to choose from. The only downside that we had during our stay is that we requested a room on the second floor, but since the hotel's computer was not able to reserve a room for us on the second floor because of a system error, a room was reserved for us on the first floor. I would highly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn Plainfield? Share your experiences!