“Very pleasant overnight stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Plainfield

You added Quality Inn Plainfield to your Saves list
Quality Inn Plainfield
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Lathrop Rd, Plainfield, CT 06374 (Formerly Plainfield Yankee)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Plainfield
Harriman, NY
“Very pleasant overnight stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

I needed somewhere to stay, convenient to main roads, so that I could photograph the sunflowers at Buttonwood Farm and then be off to Providence the next morning. The Quality Inn is right next to the I-395 and despite being so close to that road, and my having a room on the ground floor facing the parking lot, it was very quiet. The breakfast is billed as "deluxe continental breakfast" but that does it an injustice--there were boiled eggs, sausage patties, and make-your-own waffles in addition to the cereals and bread you'd expect to find.
When I arrived, the fridge wasn't plugged in and I couldn't reach the outlet. When I told the young woman at reception, she immediately came in to fix this.
The Quality Inn is less than a five-minute walk from a shopping center that has a superb Chinese restaurant (I ate there once before in addition to this time), a Dunkin' Donuts, and many other amenities. I thought this motel was a very good deal.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

I stayed at this hotel one night the first room was ok i returned two days later for two additional nights, the first room they gave me had a giant water stain in bathroom with celing pieces fallng down above shower. i went to desk they "upgraded my room" to a room that had grease everywhere. The shower was dirty i had to wipe it down. I went to desk and asked if could cancel my reseveration but was told due to fact i booked through choice hotels i would be charged cancellation period expired. So i had to stay in this dirty hotel for two nights. never again. Next time i will go across the street to the holiday inn express oh yea laundry rooms broke down and pool was green

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Plainfield hotels

Woodbridge, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

The sad thing thing is that with a little effort and harwork hotel could be satisfactory.
1-When checking in the hotel lobby was leaking from the heavy rain. ( It happens) It was obvious that it leaks all the time based on stains. Some paint and sheet rock hadfallen to the ground but there were buckest and towels on the floor, and to was all in one area near the sky lights. I can deal with that. The lack of effort comes the next day when although it stooped raining the towels paints chips buckets still littered the lobby. At one point there were two people behind the desk. How hard is it to clean up the paint chips at least and clean the floor? Even if was still leaking, which it wasn't condense and clean.

2- I interacted with the front desk a few times. Each time they just stayed sat facing me surfing the web. At least take your cell phone away from your ear while talking to a guest.

3- The check-in person, assuming he was the owners Son, as I walked away from desk, layed his head on the desk ( Other reviews spoke about throwing things at him to wake him...probably not exaggeration).

4- Owner/wife seemed to be house keeping... yelling at each other in hallway.

5- No A/C in halls or Lobby only fans throughout hallways

6- Sign at pool. "Sorry no pool, out of order" SInce its July and still has cover on it, sign probably should say too cheap to fix. Pool should be removed from services listed.

7- Tried to use Laundry facilities- Tale a guess out of order.

8- While in Lobby wanted to jump on line real quick...guess what internet did not work... clerk said IT guy could not get it to work. The IT "guy" probably was the owner's Son, no way they would pay to have it fixed.

9- Breakfast - skip it, would you trust it after reading the above? How do you run out of coffee and not have back-up...I know when you don't have a back up thermos unit to brew with. Dunkin Donuts next center over.

10- With all being said if I was looking for a room to just come off highway sleep and jump back in car and expect zero customer service or have any expectations this is your place. If you want to be able to get in your car the next dau and say Wow that was nice for a quick stop, go the the HI Express across the street.

The owner has zero business being in the hospitality industry. Again a little effort and it could be OK

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
sanford
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

My husband and his relay team stayed in this hotel for one night. When they arrived the clerk was sound asleep. So deep into the sleep that the ringing of the bell and the screaming at him did not wake him. When we reported that to the manager, he skipped right over it like that was normal.... Then after they paid cash for the rooms, they charged my son's credit card. It has taken 3 days to get the charges off his card. The whole time the manager was rude, did not ever apologize, would not let my son even complete a sentance. Thankfully my son's bank was willing to take the charges off . Never again!!! and next year when the 5400 runners are again in the area for the New England Relay, they will know ahead of time not to use this hotel.

Brian Boyle

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Kittery, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

I reserved rooms for 219 and 220 for friends of mine on Friday Jan 10. Upon arriving we tried to awake the clerk by ringing the bell, yelling and banging on the wall, finally throwing a couple of plastic and papers at him woke him up. As we were checking in I asked if my credit card was going to be charged at all and sleepily he said no. When we checked out he told me the card was charged and then gave us an attitude about charging the rooms to the actual people who stayed there. We were charged for two extra people in one of the rooms, when I was told on the phone that we could have up to 5 people in each room when I called to make the reservations. Overall the service and stay at the hotel did not speak of quality at all. I have spent the last three days fighting with the manager to remove the charge from my credit card after the rooms were paid for by two of the individuals staying in the rooms.

Room Tip: Go to a better hotel
  • Stayed June 2011
Norwich, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

Owner trying to cut cost corners so much it affects the "Quality" of this Inn. Toilet didn't flush well, sink and tub drained very slowly so hard to keep clean. There was no refrigerator in room (of course their description says refrigerator in "some" rooms. Shouldn't it be for all rooms? Seasonal Outdoor pool - well isn't June the season? Their pool was not running, green, disgusting, and filthy. They actually asked my husband if he could get the pool running for them, which he did for them. Its their responsibility to add chemicals now - lets see how long that takes them to do so.

Don't use their guest computer - it is FULL of spyware and viruses. Gourmet continental breakfast? If you like stale food. The sausage and bagels was alright, but their muffins were hard as rocks. I will never stay there again - for the price it is not worth it.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
New England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

I read the reviews and decided to risk it because the price was right. Smelled stale cigarette smoke as we approached the entrance. Air in room was stale and smelled strongly of deodorizer. Carpeting felt grimey. Could hear people walking around upstairs (as warned in reviews). Next morning, I went to take a shower. Couldn't get the faucet in the tub to turn on. Had to ask adult daughter for help (I'm not THAT old or weak)! Stepped into tub (slippery but didn't lose balance) and looked down to see mud washing off of the bottoms of my feet (dirt from carpet). Gross! Went down for free breakfast. Mini bagels and mini croissants. Wal-Mart brand yogurt. Generic cereal (probably Wal-Mart brand, too). Empty pans that were supposed to have scrambled eggs and sausage. No attendant. Desk attendant outside the dining room smoking. Went to check out. Attendant appeared with a newly lit cigarette in hand. On the way out, I noticed the walk and ground were littered with cigarette butts. The operators of this hotel offered no "Quality."

Room Tip: Bite the bullet and stay at another place!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn Plainfield? Share your experiences!