“Clean and Professional” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard New Haven Orange

You added Courtyard New Haven Orange to your Saves list
Courtyard New Haven Orange
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   136 Marsh Hill Road, Exit 41 Off I-95, Orange, CT 06477   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Orange
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Clean and Professional”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a nice courtyard to stay at. Its is right off the exit, so getting on and off rt 95 is easy.

The front desk staff are terrific and professional. The hotel is clean, safe, and has a friendly atmosphere. The Lounge is comfortable, and the washer and dryer set up is great.

The dining area is good and it has plenty to choose from when its open. The only negative is that it should be open at 6am on weekends, not 7am for breakfast.

There is an outback 50 ft from the hotel. if you drive 300 yards down the road there is every restaurant you could think of so there is no shortage of places to eat. Again, this is a very convenient hotel.

The only negative would be the pool area. Its small. When we were there, it was packed with people, and the (adults) were drinking alcohol in the pool and around the pool. Granted it was hot and humid that weekend. But it was a turn off for those that had teenagers at the hotel. Other than that, its a nice place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed for business for an extended period of time. The staff, especially Karl (asst manager) and Jamie (food and bev) consistently exceeded expectations. The staff helped my colleagues and I navigate the area and find the best restaurants and shops. There is nothing but an Outback restaurant within walking distance but an abundance of restaurants and shops no more than a few miles away. We ventured slightly further away to Milford one night, only 8-10 mins away, and had a fun night per the recommendation of the staff at the Courtyard. We did the trip to Pez visitor center, fun for all. With the construction on 95 in New Haven, if you want something West/South, this is a great place with a staff that will make you feel at home.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one quick night on our way to Hartford. It is very conveniently located off I-95. The Pez Museum is only a half mile away and a fun and inexpensive way to spend an hour. There are a ton of restaurants, bars, and shopping within 1 exit.

The lobby has been recently redone and looks sleek and stylish and contains a nice bar, bistro, and area to purchase sundries. There was comfortable areas for seating. The staff was very polite upon check-in.

The rooms were horrendous. The fixtures were rusty and old, the carpeting was worn bare, the shower curtain was caked in black mold along the bottom, the pillows were tiny little airplane pillows, the blanket looked like it was found at an estate sale and the dust ruffle on the bed was literally frayed all along the bottom. Sink area was tiny - very tiny and left very little area for toiletries. There was a small banged up rickety wooden stand in the bathroom that looked like someone threw it out the window and the hotel just picked it up and put it back in the room. The furniture was very outdated so there was nowhere near the nightstand to plug anything in which is inconvenient if you want your phone plugged in near the bed.

It was slim pickings on the television and single episodes of shows on demand were $5 and movies $15 at the low-end.

The room overall did not appear unclean (except for rust and mold). If you are not picky about the age or condition of fixtures, furniture or bedding then this may be okay for $100 a night. On the plus side, the water pressure in the shower is amazing. There is a min-fridge and microwave which is also a very big plus. I still think you can find better alternatives for $100 at hotels which update both rooms and lobbies or just newly built budget accommodations.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
jtcarpen, General Manager at Courtyard New Haven Orange, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us and we apologize we did not meet your expectations. We strive to offer a quality product for a fair price. We are continuing working on improving the quality of the hotel, as you pointed out we have renovated the lobby, and we have several upgrades planned for 2013, including changes to our in room bedding.

Please feel free to contact me at the hotel if i can offer any addtional assistance.

Jeff Carpenter
203-799-2200

Travelers are raving about these Orange hotels

Ithaca, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stay at this hotel every year. It's conveniently located right off I 95, 10 minutes from New Haven, and adjacent to an Outback Steakhouse. That means we can check in, enjoy the great shopping nearby, and put the car away for dinner. The hotel is definitely in need of a redo. Our sink was cracked, curtains were ripped, and the room, although clean, was a bit shabby. However, those problems were more than made up for by the excellent staff. We were made to feel very welcome at check-in. Most impressive was the head of housekeeping, who went out of her way to help us change rooms when construction in a nearby room created unwanted fumes. She was fantastic! So, despite a slightly less-than-beautiful place, we will definitely stay here next year.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Spent an entire month there on business. The room was very comfy. Everything worked properly, and there were no eyesores in the room. Housekeeping did an excellent job with cleaning. The "Bistro" was a godsend, especially during our 34" blizzard weekend - love the quesadilla! Not nearly as expensive as room services at other hotels. The staff (including housekeeping and maintenance) were always pleasant, and recognized me by name by the second day. Very close to dozens of restaurants, so you never get tired of the same food. The hotel and Outback Steakhouse area felt safe, even at night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Effingham, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Recently I had to travel to Orange Ct for business. Through my corporate travel partner I booked to courtyard. After the booking I read reviews on Tripadvisor about black mold ect. I was truly concerned about my stay. What I found was a decent courtyard (although it does show its age) friendly staff and a clean room. I actually look around found no black mold...the only thing I noticed is the picture stuck to the wall in the bathroom is starting to curl probably because of the steam. This courtyard is right off the highway, easy to get to and was a good night stay. I would stay here again

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Stratford, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband and I went away for a night here. We only live one town away, but are the very tired parents of young twin boys, and are very sleep deprived. My mom stayed with our kids and told us to go away for a night. I wanted to stay close, so I did do Priceline and got this hotel. It is a hidden little gem!

When we checked in the girl checking us in was really kind. On our way to our room was passed probably 6ish workers, and every single one of them was smiling and greeting us with "Hi" and "hello". This hotel sits right behind an Outback restaurant (literally, 25 steps to it!) so my husband and I walked over and had a drink and dessert.

When we came back to the hotel we were again given a smile and addressed nicely.

The room was nice. It was clean. It was pretty basic, although had a nice flat screen TV. The king size bed was comfy and we slept great.

I will definitely be coming back to stay here (calling direct rather than chance my luck on Priceline again)!

Sincerely
One now well rested mama!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard New Haven Orange? Share your experiences!