“Very Average Local Chinese Food” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 73 Restaurants in Orange
Cuisines: Chinese
Perugia, Italy
“Very Average Local Chinese Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Reading Tripadvisor reviews for this restaurant suggested that there was something special to be found here. Wrong! I had the Subgum Wonton Soup which was just passable. The boneless barbecued spare ribs came in a sickeningly sweet sauce and the roast pork with Chinese vegetables was completely tasteless. Perhaps I had made the wrong choices when I selected my dinner. However, when I arrived on a Sunday evening, the restaurant was virtually empty. I usually take this as a sign of the true popularity and quality of a restaurant and in this case it was correct again!

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“One of the best places for Chinese cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

This place rocks! I've been going since I was a teenager and am never disappointed. So clean inside and decorated pretty. The service is fast and dedicated. You feel like the only guest. The food is fresh and authentic. Not greasy and have not had a bad experience. I recommend anything on the menu and will share photos soon. I was just there for dinner over the weekend. I try to go often. Yummy!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Connecticut
“We go so often that I do not think to review China Pavillion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is an excellent restaurant that has been there for so long, and we have been going for so many years, that I never thought to review it. It is a lovely family owned restaurant that is a regular for our family. The food is fresh and well prepared and the staff is always welcoming.

I had my husband's last birthday party there last year and they gladly provided as many vegetarian dishes, among others, as we needed.

One of our favorite dishes is Peking Duck for two but it is unfair to name only one since there are so many excellent preparations on the menu.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
US
“Excellent Chinese Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

We order food from China Pavilion quite often- once a month- and have never had a bad meal. The food is universally excellent. The staff is very friendly- and even though we are there only once a month -remember us by name.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Trumbull, Connecticut
“Great Chinese Food in a Pleasant Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

This restaurant has been around for over 30 years. I stopped going to it many years ago as the many non-Cantonese restaurants, which I prefer, proliferated. Decided to try it again and it has changed, I was impressed with the menu variety that is now offered from different regions. Not only that, but the dinners that my wife and I enjoyed were well prepared and good tasting. The recently remodeled decor is exceptionally pleasing with much original art on the walls. It is not your usual plastic Chinese restaurant atmosphere.

• Visited September 2011