“Customer Service Needs Improvement” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Connecticut
“Customer Service Needs Improvement”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We went to Gabrielle's for dinner last weekend. This wasn't our first time, but it's been several years since we were there. We had our daughter with us who wanted nothing but a plain chicken cutlet. I asked the waitress if it would be possible and she assured us it was, and served my daughter a plain, fried chicken cutlet with a small side of pasta with butter. When the check arrived we immediately noticed that we were charged $18.95 for my daughter's "dinner". When I questioned it, I was told that the manager said to charge her for a full Chicken Parmigiana dinner. i reminded the waitress that my daughter only had the chicken cutlet with no sauce, no cheese, no salad etc. The waitress was very embarrased and said she would talk to the manager. She returned to tell us that the manager refused to make any adjustment to the check. It was obvious that the manager was sending a very clear message....he didn't care if he had our business or not. I would have liked to go back to try some of their other dishes, but I have no intention of giving my business to someone who doesn't want it.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

47% Recommend
New Haven, Connecticut
“Local, ok, if you are here.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This seemed like it would be a find but it was an average place not worth going out of your way but ok if here. The service was neighborhood average with several instances of asking multiple times for a few basics. The salads were refrigerator cold and two of our four dinners were mostly cool. Prices are average and portions large. Noise level fairly high. Friendly staff. Parking is easy. One dinner salad particularly good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ridgefield, Connecticut
“Always great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I always enjoy eating here, whether we order entrees or just appetizers and pizza; it is always delicious! I will agree with other reviewers, that the service is slow...but at least the food makes up for it. I always look forward to going here again.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Haven County, CT
“Good Food ---- Slooooow Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Gabrielle's has been around forever (we are locals). They serve up a large menu from pizza to expensive entrees. There is easy parking and the place is nicely decorated. There is a separate bar. The drinks were of good size and strength. The food was very good---the portions were huge. Fried calamari, Caesar salad, eggdrop/spinach soup were very good. The linguini with fresh clams was strangely bland...but the clams were absolutely fresh. Everything was served at the proper temperature. Good bread..and you can ask for a plate of olive oil for dipping---otherwise you got hard pats of butter. I asked for a few anchovies on the side of our Caesar salad---no problem. My only complaint is that the service was VERY slow. It's a little on the expensive side---some of the entrees ran up to $27-28...but the pasta dishes (easily enough for two) were mostly under $20.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Branford, Connecticut
“Delicious Gnocchi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

The most amazing gnocchi you'll ever try. A very welcoming environment and great place to bring your family to eat.

• Visited April 2012