“Great Stay at Three Stories” 5 of 5 stars

2 Bridge St., Old Saybrook, CT 06475   |
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Old Saybrook
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Norwalk, Ct
“Great Stay at Three Stories”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here a couple of weeks ago and this is quickly becoming our favorite spot in CT. Three Stories is a wonderful property across the street from the Inn. The views from the balconies are amazing and there is coffee, baked goods, fruit and snacks always available in the "living room." Our hostess, Mrs. Pratt, is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Particularly enjoyed the outdoor heated pool at the Inn and a nice bike ride in the morning. Already booked two more stays.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with the balcony facing Long Island Sound. Rooms 10,20 or 21.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
SaybrookPointInn, Communications Specialist at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
ckm3028,

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review of our guesthouse, Three Stories. It is definitely a special place and we are very lucky to have Mrs. Pratt here on staff. I will make sure she hears your compliments as well.

We look forward to seeing you again soon! I hope you will join us when our new guesthouse next door to Three Stories opens later this year!

Communications Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went for a pre-season two night get-away and were thrilled by the inn and the service. The room was beautiful and the service outstanding. The wrap-around porch made the room even more special. Spacious bath.

Room Tip: Ocean view is ideal
onlythebest10017,

Thank you so much for sharing your story at Three Stories! I am delighted to hear that your experience at the guesthouse was such a great one. I hope we will see you again soon.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have been to the inn multiple times a year and have always loved everything about it. We have 3 very polite kids and this trip we were made to feel very unwelcome. They are now running both of their pools like spa pools where you are not allowed to splash, play a light game of catch or gently jump in from the side. We were the only ones in the pool on multiple times and we're constantly reprimanded for the smallest things. Once we were reprimanded we were watched from a bench as if we were troublemakers. Even my husband was reprimanded for not using the steps to get in (again there were no other guests around).
When another guest got into the indoor pool we went to the outside pool thinking that it would make the manager more comfortable. Mind you it is April and it was only 50 degrees out. The kids went outside and because it was freezing they jumped into the pool. No other guests around. Here comes management to say that we would be kicked out of the pool if they saw anyone jump in again.
I brought this up to management and felt like I was being sent to the principles office. They use no common sense whatsoever to enforce the rules. They are sticking by this policy and made no effort to apologigize for making us feel so uncomfortable. The whole experience was humiliating and we will never return.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
SaybrookPointInn, General Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Mrmohill,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your honest review of our property. I would first like to tell you that we do value you and your family as frequent guests of the Inn. However, I would also like to take this time to apologize that you were made to feel uncomfortable during your last visit here. We certainly do welcome families at the Inn and our pools are available to everyone staying here. That being said, we do have to enforce the rules in the pool areas for the safety of all of our guests. I would like to assure you that you and your family were not being monitored as a way to single you out—we typically do have a pool attendant on duty on weekends, especially now that we are getting into the summer season.

Again, please accept my sincere apology for the way this situation was handled. At the Inn, we always strive to provide professional and courteous service that leaves our guests relaxed, refreshed, and eager to return and I am very sorry to hear that this was not your experience for your most recent stay. I do hope that you will give the Saybrook Point Inn another chance to impress you. Please feel free to contact me directly should you have any questions or concerns.

Frank Burns
860-395-2000
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2015

I can never go to Saybrook point enough. Recently went for brunch and the service and quality was 5 star. I have gone many times over the past few years, and have always had a great experience. Everything revolves around customer service and quality.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
seaviewhomes1,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! I am so glad that you make Saybrook Point you home away from home and that you enjoyed your recent brunch experience so much. I look forward to sharing your compliments with the Restaurant Manager.

See you soon!

New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2015

Last Friday we attended a wedding at Saybrook Point Inn. The hotel was filled and we stayed across the street at the newly renovated Three Stories property. What a gem! They outdid themselves with this renovation, which was obviously driven by a top-notch designer - every inch of the property is beautifully designed from wall coverings to molding to tile to linens, and it was quiet and peaceful with direct views of the ocean. We had a wrap around porch, which we would have loved to use in warmer weather. The bathroom was beautiful and with a heated floor! There was a GORGEOUS, large common bar and pool/tv room in the basement and coffee/kitchen area downstairs. Our room came with a $40 gift certificate at Fresh Salt in Saybrook Point. We sat at a table facing the water (we saw a seal swimming around by the docks!) and our waiter and the food were top notch. The innkeeper was delightful and gave us a tour of the entire property. When I strike it big, I'm renting the entire property for a weekend with friends and family.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 2nd floor at the top of the stairs. I was afraid it would be loud, but we didn...
Green Features: A note in the room shared that they are one of CT's environmentally friendly hotels.
LN423,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Saybrook Point Inn & Spa! I am delighted you were able to join us for such a special celebration for the Bride and Groom. Three Stories really is a special place and I am glad you were able to experience it. I am also glad that you noticed that we are a green property! Our green initiatives actually earned us the honor of being the first Certified Green Hotel in Connecticut.

Thank you again for sharing your Three Stories experience. I hope we will see you again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2015

We received a special deal as past guests and it was easy to decide to go back for an overnight get away. Three stories is a separate building across the street. We had a room with a king bed and private balcony looking out toward the harbor. Beautiful sunrise the first time we went (cloudy the second time). The three stories is beautifully decorated. The room had an electric fireplace- gas or real wood burning would have been nicer. The bathroom shower had a bench seat and shower jets. Mrs Pratt greater us and was extremely hospitable giving a a tour- she couldn't have been any nicer. They are building a new building next door (French style?) Can't wait to see it. Hopefully there will be more deals since we would love to go back. A $40 breakfast voucher is included. Breakfast was good but I think the food is very overpriced. It was nice to look out at the harbor as you eat.

Room Tip: Pick 2nd floor water view. Three stories is more private.
Cyrnanc,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay at Three Stories so much! I will sure to share your kind words with Mrs. Pratt--she will be so happy to hear your compliments. We are very lucky to have her on staff at the Saybrook Point Inn & Spa. I will also be sure to share your comments about breakfast with the Restaurant Manager.

Thank you again for all of your feedback. I hope we will see you again soon--perhaps in our new guesthouse later this year!

Ct
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2015

Looking for a place that would have power and was close to home during a blizzard I chose Saybrook Point Inn (I knew they had a generator). I called, they had a special rate for the blizzard, and booked a king room facing the water. Greeted warmly I was shown to a 3rd floor king complete with a fireplace. (Due to heavy winds they were unable to light fires, but I'd rather err on the side of caution). The room was large and inviting with a desk and chair, table and chairs and a sitting area with chairs and a table in front of the fireplace.

The lighting was very good (I'm picky about good light). The only thing I would have liked is bedside lamps that had lower switches - a very minor thing.

The large bathroom had a tub and oversized shower stall. Fluffy towels and pool towels were abundant. Two sinks and plenty of counter space meant more than 2 could use the space without bumping into each other.

My room overlooked the empty marina (January) and in the evening there was a nicely lit fountain. The first night I was able to open the sliders to the balcony and take pictures.
(after that Mother Nature foiled any plans to open that door with out several feet of snow falling in).

The staff was helpful and pleasant, especially considering they were staying for the duration of the storm - I think first by SPI policy and then no choice anyway as the Governor of CT closed the roads. I was made to feel very welcome and you'd never know they were probably concerned about their families and homes. Everyone kept a great sense of humor. Since no one was going anywhere I talked to more of the staff than I probably would have encountered in a normal stay. Everyone was nice even under difficult conditions.

The restaurant was running as if it were a typical day. The food and service were good. I had the same waitress for dinner both nights. She made some great suggestions that I would have overlooked. (a word about the restaurant - on the water = a lot of seafood options. Many people come for seafood, but since I don't eat seafood there were less choices. I did find some very good non-seafood choices.)

The SPA was open so I decided on a mani and pedi - again - treated very well (with the bonus of a very quiet day- the roads were still closed). I will be back there in the future.

A side note - I noticed the staff outside (it was very cold and windy) helping guests clean off their cars. They kept the parking lot as clear as possible and when I went to my car I didn't have to wade through snow to get to the doors and the car was not plowed in. The gentleman that took my suitcases to the car while I checked out got it started to warm up and made sure the windows were clear.

Room Tip: If a waterview is important make sure you know what view you're picking. The website describes...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
SaybrookPointInn, Communications Specialist at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this review, April 16, 2015
Catherine P,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so glad the Inn could provide such a relaxing stay for you despite the inclement weather that brought you to us. The service you described is exactly what we always strive to provide guests of the Inn. I hope you will be able to visit us again in the warmer months!

Communications Specialist

Been to Saybrook Point Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!