“EXCELLENT!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 hotels in Old Saybrook
Wilmington, DE
“EXCELLENT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

A friend and I stayed here last weekend. Front desk and bellman very friendly and helpful. Room gorgeous and spotless. We had a great view of the CT river. The restaurant in the hotel (Fresh Salt) is spectacular… you must try the Connecticut lobster roll!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

410 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My boyfriend and I stayed for three nights at the new Three Stories Guesthouse. I have to say the new building was absolutely exquisite! We were completely blown away with the meticulous attention to detail and the beautifully designed interior. Each room is dedicated to a prominent local figure and has been custom designed to reflect their personality and legacy. Three Stories is a timepiece- incredibly warm and inviting, yet rich with luxury amenities and historical appeal- we felt immediately at home.

A full breakfast at Fresh Salt was included in our stay (although coffee and pastries are available in the kitchen every morning). We thoroughly enjoyed our waterfront dining experience. The lemon ricotta pancakes and vegetable hash were absolutely delicious!

Only a couple of minor complaints associated with growing pains- the toilet seat did not want to stay upright, the controls for the fireplace and shower were a bit confusing. The room was also a bit smaller than what we have come to expect at the main Inn. Overall, though, it was a wonderful and unique experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My Husband, 15 month old daughter and I stayed at at the Saybrook Point Inn for 3 nights early July. We had such a positive experience. Our room was ready when we arrived at 9:30 am, so they allowed us to check in early. The room was immaculate! They were able to provide an actual roll-out crib (not a pack n play!) for my daughter. The grounds and outdoor pool were beautiful. The staff were friendly and helpful. The indoor pool opened on July 4th which was perfect timing as it was a rainy cooler day.

We would absolutely return back to the inn. Thanks for contributing to a great family vacation.

Stayed July 2014
succasunna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I just returned from a two night stay at Saybrook Point Inn. I will start off by saying it was lovely. Immaculately clean, beautiful view, spacious, updated, well furnished rooms, gorgeous LARGE bathrooms, fireplace in room. Couldn't ask for more in way of accommodations!! Problem was communication with staff. When we checked in, we were to receive a bottle of wine for writing a comment on their website saying why we were choosing that hotel. Front desk knew nothing about it, they were going to check with reservations....after questioning them 3 times, I dropped it. That night at dinner, while reviewing our bill, I noticed we were charged twice for our drinks. It was explained that both the server and the waiter entered the charge, It was taken off, but had I not gone over the bill it would have been an extra $26 charge (wine is pricey at $13 a glass!!)!! In checking out, when going over bill, they charged me an extra $40 per night for room. Apparently, it is less expensive to book on line (which I did) but they had no record of our correspondence or their confirming e-mail. I had to produce my copy of it, which, thankfully, I printed and hadn't thrown away. However, it was already in my car in one of my bags, which I had to search through to find it and bring it back into the reception desk!! No apologies offered, but they did adjust the rate!! As I said, the hotel is well maintained, but the staff, and the business end of it certainly needs an updating!!!

Room Tip: Fireplace rooms are lovely and spacious
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I'm so sorry to hear about all the trouble you had when you were here, Kathleen, but I appreciate you speaking up. Our team is usually very organized and prepared for each guest's arrival and check-out, which is why I was surprised by your review. You can bet I'll be sharing your feedback with our staff, though; I'm confident it will only help us improve!

Pauline Ackles, Front Office Manager
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at the Saybrook Point Inn & Spa from June 22 to June 24th 2014. Upon arrival I was impressed the exterior of the hotel and the grounds. Everything was very clean and well manicured. There were bicycles for use by hotel guests and an electric car charging station right next to the front entry.

Check in was smooth and quick. The front desk attendant was extremely friendly and answered several questions that I had. The lobby is small but well appointed, it felt like someone’s living room.

I stayed in room 301. What a fantastic room I had. There was an areas with the coffee maker and glasses and a small refrigerator. There was a large dresser with lots of storage space and a very large flat screen TV on the wall. The room also had a working fireplace and two very comfortable chars to relax in. The room had a large desk and another small round table with two chars to eat at. There was a sliding door (with a screen) that leas out to a small balcony with another set of chairs and table overlooking the harbor. The bed was a large four poster queen size bed with lots of comfortable pillows. I felt like I was in my own hose and not a hotel.

The bathroom was huge. Double sinks with plenty of soap, shampoo, and lotion. Blow-dryer, and towels for the pool if needed. The bathroom had a very large bath tub and a spate shower.

The event staff were awesome & professional. They took care of us for each meal during our meetings. The service out on the patio for our lobster and clam bake dinner was excellent.

The restaurant on site is called Fresh Salt. The food was very good and the service excellent. We had drinks in the bar area several times and every employee was great. Out on the patio they have a large fire pit surrounded by a bar and stools. A perforce place to relax after a long day. Several nights a week they have a live band out on the patio with dancing.

Overall the value was great and the service excellent. This would be a great hotel for a wedding or other special event.

Room Tip: Room 301,303,305 facing the harbor.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
I can't tell you how thrilled I am to hear that you felt right at home in our inn! Thanks for staying with us, and thanks for following up with such a detailed recommendation afterward. I hope you'll keep us in mind next time you're planning a trip to New England!

Pauline Ackles, Front Office Manager
miami, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I spent 2 nights at Saybrook Point Inn. Everything about the resort was superb. Our room which overlooked the marina, Room 321, was spectacular, beautiful view, wood burning fireplace, very large and elegantly decorated, great beautiful large bathroom. Fresh Salt restaurant is beautiful with large windows everywhere to take in the great views of the marina and lighthouses, also beautifully decorated. We ate there several times and the food was very good, as was the service. Old Saybrook is a very small charming town, with restaurants and stores along Main Street. We also used the spa, my husband having a massage he said was great, and I had a pedicure, which also was very good. This is a luxurious and romantic resort and a good place to take many day trips. I highly recommend it if this is the area you are looking for on your next trip.

Room Tip: I did not get to see other rooms but having a view of the water, marina and lighthouse are a must wh...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
SaybrookPointInn, Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thanks for staying with us, and thanks for following up with such a delightful recommendation! I'll be sure to pass your compliments along to both our restaurant and spa staffs. Hope to welcome you back again someday!

Andy, General Manager
Nanuet, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My friend and I stayed at this beautiful hotel for our 'girl's weekend' and we were happy we took advantage of the hotel spa package. The resort is perfectly located on the Long Island sound, and in a residential area so it's very private. We stayed for one night, which was just the right amount of time. I arrived early to enjoy the pool-great poolside service with a nice view of the adjacent marina. Main street is a mile or so away and a great place to walk around and shop and dine. We had breakfast at Salt the next morning which was very nice. Make sure you visit the spa while you are here, the staff is friendly and the spa itself is beautiful and cozy. I would definitely come back again and bring my husband!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thanks for spending your girls' weekend at our place! I'll make sure the Fresh Salt and Sanno staffs see your kind words. We'd love to have you and your husband back for a getaway soon!

Andy, General Manager

Been to Saybrook Point Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!