“Most woderful birthday experience ever!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Bridge St., Old Saybrook, CT 06475   |
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Old Saybrook
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Newton,NJ
“Most woderful birthday experience ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Just got back from 3 nights/4 days,celebrating my birthday, at the Inn and had to write this. But I have to say, what made it most special was from the start-when I called,post Sandy (hurricane),Tara in reservations was WONDERFUL.Tara made our stay the BEST- she made sure our trip,and my birthday- were amazing.Her helpful,thoughtful manner and the attention to detail were so appreciated. Lori/Front Desk-thank you also! We vacation in Cape Cod every year, and I'm ashamed to say, we have always tried to and drive as quickly as possible through CT.-not anymore! We can't wait to return-I was so sad leaving today-honestly,everyone working there is so pleasant,helpful,outgoing;there's such a positive attitude there, it's amazing and refreshing. The restaurant,Fresh Salt,was also wonderful-we ate there 2 of the 3 nights-seriously, we didn't want to leave this wonderful resort! We can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: had a room with a water view-BEAUTIFUL!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
andyabels, General Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Thank you, it is so satisfying to hear it when people are so pleased. Thank you for taking the time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Madison, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

My wife and I attended a wedding here in September. it was absolutely perfect. My Company provides a company Christmas party for our employees every year with an overnight and diner and breakfast. We try and go to different destinations each time and sometimes return to favorites. After seeing the Inn, the surroundings, the staff at the wedding, I decided to change our original destination to here. I have to say, good move on my part. WOW. This place is like a hidden gem. Room was breath taking. Inn was decorated for the holidays unbelievably, staff was incredible, food was excellent, view perfect. 10 + in my book.

Room Tip: Water View, well worth the extra money. most rooms have a real fire flace, ask for a room with one.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your flattering remarks. Since you live close by we hope to see you in Sanno and/or Fresh Salt. Thank you. Andy Abels
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We had our wedding reception at SPI a few weeks ago. We could not have asked or dreamed of a better experience. The place itself is quaint-New England, elegant, yet warm and inviting. The food was incredible! Our guests raved about the amazing and beautiful spread of hors d'oeuvres and the meal and desserts of chocolate covered strawberries and cookies. The staff is second to none. They are gracious, attentive, thorough, and are experts in creating a reception that met all our needs and that went beyond our expectations. On the day, we did not have to think of a thing. The banquet managers were nearby the entire evening and saw our needs before we did. During the father-daughter dance, I wept. When I exited the dance floor, Donna, one of our banquet managers, slipped me a tissue. This type of attention to detail, even with the seemingly smallest of things like a tissue, made our entire evening so special. We felt so well taken care of. Sara, our wedding coordinator, from the moment we met her through the next morning, was there for us. She helped us work within our budget and gave us many options of what we could include in our package. She was always responsive to our emails addressing every question thoroughly. All of the other coordinators we worked with in Sara's absence were super attentive and helpful as well. Everyone on staff was gracious and kind. Our room was gorgeous overlooking the docks and lighthouse. We could not have asked for a better experience and we will never forget it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This was a wonderful place to spend a birthday - a beautiful room with a fireplace and a winter harbor view. I found a great internet deal for midweek stay that saved us more than per night. The spa tub was not working correctly but I tried anyway. The breakfasts were excellent and the staff were extremely helpful (and kept their senses of humor when the computers failed for the day). I set off for a morning walk with my camera toward the area of Fenwick - the Hepburn family home. The spa was perfect and my massage was super relaxing. What a lovely area - seemingly spared from most of Superstorm Sandy's wrath.

Room Tip: I loved having a wood burning fireplace! The staff come up with a log and set everything up each nig...
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband and I were celebrating our 15 year wedding anniversary and we decided to take advantage of a travel zoo offer and visited SayBrook Point Inn & Spa. This was our first time in the city and we enjoyed every minute of it. Our experience was wonderful and we would love to visit again. Our experience at the restaurant was so warm. We were impressed and the manager made us feel welcome by greeting each table individually, that spoke volume about the service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you and especially for your comments about the Restaurant Manager. Sometimes it is easy for us to feel that taking a little extra time to say hello doesn't really mean much. A note such as yours makes it so obvious how important it is. Thank you. Andy ABels
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I recently stayed for a long weekend at the Saybrook Point Inn & Spa and I have nothing but great things to say. The front staff was not only friendly but very helpful as well. Their recommendation on a nearby restaurant was spot on. The accomodations were absolutely beautiful. I loved the real working fireplace in the rooms. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to get away and relax near the ocean.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
andyabels, General Manager at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Thank you and especially for mentioning our fireplaces. It is a cold December morning right now and I can see smoke from many of the fireplaces. It is a nice way to start a day with a big breakfast, a crackling fire and a..... good book? Not a bad way to make a living either! Andy Abels
new york, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I recently stayed at the Saybrook Inn and Spa for a Thanksgiving / Honeymoon getaway. The value of the package and the quality of the room and service was impeccable. The hotel is perfectly situated close to 2 outlet malls (perfect for black fri shopping) and also only half hour away from Mohegan Sun Casino. We had plenty to do for the 3 night stay and the food at Fresh Salt is really great! We also went into town to discover cute little local gift shops and cafes. I love this hotel and I'd come back here again in the future. Not sure who stays here during the summer high season but during the winter months, there were older couples and their grand kids. If you don't mind a quiet and peaceful stay and taking things slow, then this is the place for you. I also did spa treatments and those were also of very high caliber and I fell asleep twice on the table!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for selecting and trusting us with your honeymoon! Wishing you all the happiness, health and good luck in the world. Andy Abels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Old Saybrook
Pier Blue Guesthouse
Pier Blue Guesthouse
#4 of 8 in Old Saybrook
3.0 of 5 stars 93 reviews

Been to Saybrook Point Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!