“Review” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pier Blue Guesthouse

You added Pier Blue Guesthouse to your Saves list
Pier Blue Guesthouse
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1430 Boston Post Road, Old Saybrook, CT 06475 (Formerly Days Inn Old Saybrook)   |
Special Rate
$69 (USD)
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Old Saybrook
A TripAdvisor Member
“Review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The price was right on this room and they allowed dogs. I was unhappy that we were placed in the back of the building with no readily availabe parking areas. The person at the front desk picked up on the fact that I was not pleased. He tried his best to clean up a construction area so we could pull our car a little closer. I m glad that we were at least on the 1st floor. We had lug out dog crate and gates. The hotel did not appear to be that busy. The back of the building is a mess. It appears they are under construction. Putting signs up might help visitors understand why it looks like a mess. The room was fine. We had an odor of sewer in our bathroom. We could smell cigarettes coming through the wall from another room. Smelly room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Booked this hotel before I read the reviews. Only hotel I could find that was pet friendly. Read the reviews and was worried. Got there and I was shocked to find that the reviews had me worried for no reason. The room was very big and clean. The beds were very comfy and brand new. The owner and staff was also great, very helpful.The cleaning lady was great. She was always on top of thing's. Always fresh towels and anything else I needed. The breakfast they served was just perfect. Not sure what all the complaints were about that I read. I did not find a thing wrong with this hotel. I will be coming back and staying at this hotel again in the future. If you are looking for a 6 star, good luck on finding a Hyatt in Old Saybrook CT, but if you want a family and pet friendly place, this is a great choice.. I would rate it a 4 star.. Great Work Days Inn Old Saybrook CT !!! Thanks for a great week !!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Pier Blue Guesthouse? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Pier Blue Guesthouse

Address: 1430 Boston Post Road, Old Saybrook, CT 06475 (Formerly Days Inn Old Saybrook)
Location: United States > Connecticut > Old Saybrook
Beach Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Old Saybrook
Hotel Class:2 star — Pier Blue Guesthouse 2*
A boutique guesthouse with 50 non smoking rooms, free wi-fi, private parking for our guests, hot & continental breakfast, picnic & barbecue facilities and free beach passes. Within walking distance to restaurants. Centrally located near Premium Outlets, Tanger Outlets, Katherine Hepburn Theater, local beaches, antique stores, and historical attractions. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Pier Blue Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Old Saybrook Hotel Old Saybrook
Old Saybrook Days Inn

If you own or manage Pier Blue Guesthouse, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.