“Reliable tasty food” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Orleans, Massachusetts
“Reliable tasty food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Good local pub food with a few upscale items. Salmon is particularly good. Food is very consistent. Not much here for the folks staying away from meats. Wish the wine list was a bit better - would eat here more often. Good selection of beer.

Visited November 2011

Mystic, Connecticut
“Cozy Pub!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

We stopped in for lunch this past Saturday. I checked out the menu prior to going there to make sure they had vegetarian options and I was impressed that they had quite a few non-salad vegetarian entrees. We were seated right away downstairs and promptly greeted and our drink orders taken. They have reasonably priced drinks, a decent wine list and some very unique sounding cocktails. (Chocolate covered pretzel martini sounded pretty amazing). A glass of Matua Savingion blanc was $7.50. It's a cute, cozy atmosphere and was busy the entire time we were there. I ordered the Circus Veggie Wrap and my boyfriend had the BBQ pork sandwich. They were both delicious and the perfect portions. All in all, it was a great experience! I'd like to go back in the summer when they have outdoor seating and the bar in the alley.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Niantic
“Un Remarkable for $$$$”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

Nothing special here. I think it is a bit overpriceds for what you get. Aside from that, the food is ok/good. I almnost fell out of my seat when the "Jumbo" crab cakes for $14.00 came out. They were tiny! A total rip off. The coconut shrimp....four decent sized shrimp for $13.00. I have had far better....and more, for $9 at other restaurants. When the burgers and wraps come out it looks like they are trying to save money by giving very few fries. The quesadilla is average except for teh price ($11.00!) and the ribs ....a whole rack $25.00! $18.95 in most comparable restaurants.

In all, eat here is you don't care about what you get for the money. Money to burn, go to the Peny Lane Pub. Want more bang for your buck, go to Jack Rabbits burgers down the street, or head across the river to NIantic to Main St. Grille or Sophias in Westbrook.

• Visited October 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Madison, Connecticut
“Nice Atmosphere / Average Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

A bit cozy at the bar while waiting for a table but the excellent bar tender kept us all happy. By the time we sat down at our table upstairs we were famished. We ordered the large plate of nachos which were done well - lots of salsa on the side and jalapenos on top. One nice thing is that they offer a turkey burger with any of the menu toppings - my Poirve with Gorgonzola was very tasty. Good mixed crowd and good service.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
CT
“Has gone way downhill!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

We were a party if 8, seated upstairs however there was a party going on with approximately 25 people. It was extremely loud and we could only talk to the immediate person next to us. The service was very slow. The food was very poor quality. I had the Cobb salad which came with turkey, the turkey
Was big cubes that looked very fake and I could not even put a bite in my mouth. When the bill came it was expensive for salads and burgers next time we will go somewhere else!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere